Getting my first Provari!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatboy 589

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Florida
My bosses finally decided to take the plunge and order all of the staff Provaris. I'm really excited since a buddy of mine has four of them and he's proven they're virtually indestructible. One of his got hit by a 2500 dolly, then proceeded to just throw it behind him to show us it's durable. "Does it still work?" "Yeah!" He spiked it on the ground, still works. Awesome. So I'm not worried about the durability. But what are, in those of you who own provaris, your experience with them? Any weird quirks they have? Weird things they sometimes may do? Just want to know what YOUR experience is with your provari so I can kind of know what to expect.

After some use with a Lavatube, Zmax, and a Zmax sigelei, I noticed they've all got little quirks to them. Whether or not it's bad battery life, voltage/menu changing on it's own, not firing when I push the button, blah blah. Everything has something, so anything with Provaris?

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have found my Provari to be very sensitive as to the battery connections. Any little dirt or corosion buildup on the inner positive battery connection, the battery ends themselves, and even the dark oxidation of the bare metal threading on the battery endcap can cause conduction issues. So be sure to do monthly isopropal alcocol wipedowns of the actual battery connections with long cotton tip applicators, and buy some Noalox (available on the Provape website, or from your hardware supplier) for the end cap threads. The Noalox will keep those 'buttery' threads...buttery. (Tip: a little bit goes a LONG way.)

You've got some pretty special bosses there. Enjoy your Provari's.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Oh! And to your question, I haven't found anything quirky at all with them. I am VERY hard on things (EVERYTHING), and have had to send a couple back, once or twice, but each time they've been returned to me within one week of leaving my hand. ProVape's customer service is extraordinary when it comes to responsiveness and results.

And, seriously, I break EVERYTHING. My friends call me "Dr. Destructo". Most people never have to send their's back.

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
My bosses finally decided to take the plunge and order all of the staff Provaris. I'm really excited since a buddy of mine has four of them and he's proven they're virtually indestructible. One of his got hit by a 2500 dolly, then proceeded to just throw it behind him to show us it's durable. "Does it still work?" "Yeah!" He spiked it on the ground, still works. Awesome. So I'm not worried about the durability. But what are, in those of you who own provaris, your experience with them? Any weird quirks they have? Weird things they sometimes may do? Just want to know what YOUR experience is with your provari so I can kind of know what to expect.

After some use with a Lavatube, Zmax, and a Zmax Sigelei, I noticed they've all got little quirks to them. Whether or not it's bad battery life, voltage/menu changing on it's own, not firing when I push the button, blah blah. Everything has something, so anything with Provaris?

Quirky? I think the reason so many people like them is the fact that they aren't quirky. There's a bit of a learning curve but having had a Zmax you won't have a problem.

The one thing that will take getting used to and can get very frustrating... The errors.
You set your Zmax and you vape. If the Zmax can't deliver what you've asked for, it will deliver what it can. If the Provari can't deliver what you've asked for it will give an error message and not fire.

Anyway, congrats on the new company e-cig. If only all employers were so enlightened!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
You can pick up Nolax at Lowes and Home Depot as well, it's less than $2 a tube, and as 'Tude said, a little goes a long way!
I haven't found a quirk one with mine yet, unless I do something stupid, don't tighten down the atty or spill juice on the connection. It just works!
As for the menu, I was leary of it as well, I think it took me 20min to figure it out? The hardest part is I tend to click too fast and pass the menu item I want. No biggie, just keep clicking and it goes back around to it. Once you get used to it it's rather intuitive to use, no harder than a smart phone.

Fatboy 589

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Florida
Where the heck do you work in Florida? And please don't tell me, "V2 Cigs". :D

Shop called Gulf Coast Vapors. We're one of probably 25+ in the SW area. We're one of the original shops, which is pretty cool. So many people are getting into it now, it's kinda scary. But anyways, I'm also excessively harsh on my things. I get made fun of a lot for breaking stuff all the time, it's kinda bad. But I'll definitely keep everyone posted on how it works out for myself and everyone else in the store. I hope it's worth the $175 I'm dropping on the thing xD

Thank you everyone!

Cyprus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Oregon
Love my ProVari & have absolutely no "quirks" to complain about. I agree with the comments above about cleaning your battery connections every few weeks though...which should be done in most any device that is subjected to constant battery changing. I haven't had to do anything with the threads on the battery cap myself but plan on it.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Are you guys hiring?

I guess the three day commute might be a little tough. Strike that.

As for the $175, you tell us whether it was worth it once get it. Please.

Shop called Gulf Coast Vapors. We're one of probably 25+ in the SW area. We're one of the original shops, which is pretty cool. So many people are getting into it now, it's kinda scary. But anyways, I'm also excessively harsh on my things. I get made fun of a lot for breaking stuff all the time, it's kinda bad. But I'll definitely keep everyone posted on how it works out for myself and everyone else in the store. I hope it's worth the $175 I'm dropping on the thing xD

Thank you everyone!

Fatboy 589

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Florida
My current set ups. All Artemis tanks (locking DCT tanks), Vision Spinner, Zmax Sigelei, and my mini Provari :)
551526_10200384032980000_2058769678_n_zpsfd8f678e.jpg

All the Provaris in the shop.
542646_10200384096061577_516735410_n_zpsab0cedb3.jpg

It was funny, because my boss screwed up our order. I wanted black and red, because I would always think of Darth Vader (post Vmax inspections), and he forgot to order it. My buddy wanted blue and red, but he ordered blue and blue. Mine didn't get ordered, so we traded around. My boss being the man that he is, graciously offered up his to one of my boys because he felt bad about it. I got the blue and blue, which is pretty sweet looking. I definitely want an extension cap for it though, and possibly a full size later on in the future :)

As far as how I like it, I love it. I've been bummed out about my Sigelei because of all the weird things that it does. I still like them, just mine is annoying, haha. The spinner is getting old too so I hardly ever use it. The Provari is so clean, the way it hits is really nice, I love the display on it. Aesthetically, I would much prefer black and green or black and red. As far as that goes, it works perfect. Another thing I like is the simplicity - it's like my Glock 17 that I EDC. No matter what I do to it, it'll always shoot. Dropped it a few times yesterday too (the first time it got kicked out my hand, the other few were because I'm just clumsy) and it still is just wonderful.

Last edited:

yellowrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
MN
Damn that blue looks nice. Much brighter then provapes pic. Tempting..

My current set ups. All Artemis tanks (locking DCT tanks), Vision Spinner, Zmax Sigelei, and my mini Provari :)
551526_10200384032980000_2058769678_n_zpsfd8f678e.jpg

All the Provaris in the shop.
542646_10200384096061577_516735410_n_zpsab0cedb3.jpg

It was funny, because my boss screwed up our order. I wanted black and red, because I would always think of Darth Vader (post Vmax inspections), and he forgot to order it. My buddy wanted blue and red, but he ordered blue and blue. Mine didn't get ordered, so we traded around. My boss being the man that he is, graciously offered up his to one of my boys because he felt bad about it. I got the blue and blue, which is pretty sweet looking. I definitely want an extension cap for it though, and possibly a full size later on in the future :)

As far as how I like it, I love it. I've been bummed out about my Sigelei because of all the weird things that it does. I still like them, just mine is annoying, haha. The spinner is getting old too so I hardly ever use it. The Provari is so clean, the way it hits is really nice, I love the display on it. Aesthetically, I would much prefer black and green or black and red. As far as that goes, it works perfect. Another thing I like is the simplicity - it's like my Glock 17 that I EDC. No matter what I do to it, it'll always shoot. Dropped it a few times yesterday too (the first time it got kicked out my hand, the other few were because I'm just clumsy) and it still is just wonderful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread