Not open for further replies.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
My understanding in that the lil Chuck is only a 3.7v device. Correct?

If this is right, someone should correct the "ask the experts" forum. It is being listed as one of the smallest 6v devices.

I would hate to see someone order one thinking it is 6v when it is not.

If I am mistaken, then my apologies..................

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Nerf was saying:

lil' chuck using 2 14250's

If they fit, it would work, but since a 14500 will not fit, i'm gonna guess no. they closed the thread already...

The 14250 is a 3.6 volt battery, not a 3 volt. So, even if it did fit, and it doesn't, it wouldn't be 6 volt anyway.

JeannieB360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Central New Jersey, USA
Nerf was saying:

lil' chuck using 2 14250's

If they fit, it would work, but since a 14500 will not fit, i'm gonna guess no. they closed the thread already...

Yeah, closing the threads immediately after one or two 'experts' answers is the policy - I like it. Lots of info without thread drift.

JeannieB360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Central New Jersey, USA
Yes, accurate info can be so cluttering.........
Well, I was a newbie not that long ago. I found this forum almost immediately when I heard about e-cigs, and there were a LOT of very long threads that were outstanding in helping me understand enough about what vaping was about that I was able to decide which e-cig sounded like it would best meet my needs, and to find an initial supplier. Both were in the Reviews forum - one was a poll and discussion about which e-cigs people liked best and one was a discussion of which suppliers to avoid and which ones people thought were excellent. But I thought a lot of the posts in the new members forum were repetitive and it was difficult to find the 'gold'.

There have been a lot of improvements over the last few months - several good 'beginners guides" to supplement Spikey's video. AND I see 'ask the experts' as a good tool to get a lot of info on a lot of topics, limited to answers from a team of chosen 'experts', and I think the plusses offset the possibility of incorrect information being presented.

And since a lot of 'information' is really more 'opinion' than 'fact', reading through a lot of different threads also gives me a feel for which of the regular members I should look to as 'guides' - their opinions in areas where I DO have some knowledge are similar to mine, so their opinions in areas where I DON'T have enough 'info' guide me in my search for more info.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Well, I was a newbie not that long ago. I found this forum almost immediately when I heard about e-cigs, and there were a LOT of very long threads that were outstanding in helping me understand enough about what vaping was about that I was able to decide which e-cig sounded like it would best meet my needs, and to find an initial supplier. Both were in the Reviews forum - one was a poll and discussion about which e-cigs people liked best and one was a discussion of which suppliers to avoid and which ones people thought were excellent. But I thought a lot of the posts in the new members forum were repetitive and it was difficult to find the 'gold'.

There have been a lot of improvements over the last few months - several good 'beginners guides" to supplement Spikey's video. AND I see 'ask the experts' as a good tool to get a lot of info on a lot of topics, limited to answers from a team of chosen 'experts', and I think the plusses offset the possibility of incorrect information being presented.

And since a lot of 'information' is really more 'opinion' than 'fact', reading through a lot of different threads also gives me a feel for which of the regular members I should look to as 'guides' - their opinions in areas where I DO have some knowledge are similar to mine, so their opinions in areas where I DON'T have enough 'info' guide me in my search for more info.

No offense intended, I was being more tongue in cheeck with that response............Although I feel that anyone classified as an "expert" should be able to give an accurate response to a question that is not subjective. I would just hate to see someone spend $$ only to get a device that wouldn't function as intended could lead to hard feelings and possibly tarnish the rep of a well respected supplier/manufacturer......

And not to mention it would take Jeff's time to build that unit while he should be working on mine:p

It's all good:)

ChuckDragon

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
San Jose, CA
I would like to add that anything I write about as it pertains to my vaping experience is simply my opinion and I base it on how it works for me. I put it out there for people to read and make their own decisions.

I have done a great deal of reading over the last month or so and I am by no means an expert. I do know what works for me so take my opinions or not, it's up to you to decide for yourself.

I also would like to say that I don't take any of this personal so please don't think I am being snide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread