Can you vape essential oils??

Status
Not open for further replies.

skywalk

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2009
Malaysia
Is there a way to vape 100% pure essential oils like peppermint, or lavender?

maybe put a few drops into your eliquids to mix it up and vape?

perhaps theres a special blend of essential oils that help strengthen the lungs and immune system?

I ask this because I have about 100ml of pure 100% mint essential oils that i've been dripping into my mouth for digestion, or to freshen my breath, or to add the kick before my analog. I also mix it up with water and squirt it into the air as an air freshener and antibacterial agent.'

would love some comments please :)

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
It is true oils will decrease the life of your atty, but if you use no more than a couple of drops to 10ml you will be fine. I use clove, pepermint and spermint at no more than 4 drops maximum to 10ml. The oils are quite strong and do not require alot. I have read other peoples account that put 15% or 20% oils in and it immediately killed their atty. At 4 drops to 10ml you are talking about a concentration of approx .01%. Oils are not for everyone, less is more IMO. I have not had any premature atty failures from using this low amount, or any health issues for that matter. I have been vaping for 6 months+ and like clove every now and then. I dedicate one atty primarily for the oil I am going to use as they tend to stick in the atty and dont want to leave. I would try a drop or two and see how the flavor is, start small and find the amount you like. There are many of us that vape oils and there are many that advocate against it. The choice of course is up to you.
BTW I have started using cartomizers and at 1.59 a piece, they have become my atty of choice. I usually buy 25 at a time since they come in 5 packs for as low as 7.95 you cant beat them.
Hope this helps
Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: aeverinezinn

redraven

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Texas, USA
I had some juices that had a funky aftertaste I didn't care for, but had no others & didn't want to waste them, so I started just adding a drop of clove essential oil when I filled the cart. Worked nicely & didn't seem to cause any harm to my equipment - just have to make sure to keep it to a small amount. And cutting it with alcohol would probably not be a bad idea.

With clove in particular, it does tend to take over the world a bit. Even after cleaning the atty several times (just blowing out & wiping it down & such - not soaking it) and vaping other stuff, I still get a hint of clove. I was actually reserving an atty for just clove for a while until I learned how to clean them.

Even though it's not an oil per se - it does act a bit like one. Clings to stuff more than a regular juice, so, I'd say keep it to just a small additive to other juice. One drop will cover the taste of quite a bit of juice.

A lot of essential oils are not something you would want to ingest! And many things called "essential oil" aren't, so please be careful & do your research if you want to try it. Clove in itself should be okay - I use it for toothaches & my dentist approves. It's actually one of the ingredients in stuff like Anbesol - I think it's usually listed as Euganol, which is the active ingredient in cloves. However, it is very strong... If you get pure clove essence on your skin & don't wash off, it will burn you. So, do treat it with respect & go easy on it.

RR

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
I use a lot of essential oils, but my favorite of all is peppermint oil. I use it for so many things...headaches, head and chest congestion, achy feet, indigestion... Recently I had a cold and rubbed it on my chest every night instead of Vick's. I would stick my head under the covers and breathe in the natural vapors of the oil, and it loosened up my chest and allowed me to cough up the junk.

So wouldn't vaping it be okay? I see that other people are vaping essential oils, so I think I'm just gonna give it a try. I'd much rather vape 100% natural oils than artificial flavors. (I use the 'NOW' brand of essential oils...the best, IMO.)

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Here's something I found on Peppermint Oil:

Breathe Easier

The high menthol content of pure peppermint oil makes it helpful with respiratory disorders as an expectorant and decongestant. Dry coughs, sinus congestion, asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, and even tuberculosis and cholera are improved when the sufferer inhales the aroma.

The very best way to get peppermint into your respiratory system quickly is through steam inhalation. Add two drops of oil to 6 to 8 cups of boiling water in a bowl placed on a stable surface. Keeping your eyes closed, cover your head and the bowl with a terry towel as you lean over and inhale the fresh vapors. If you get too hot or start feeling like you need some air, take a break. A few minutes of this therapy will jumpstart your lungs.

Keep up the aromatherapy by running your peppermint through an essential oil diffuser, or put a few drops in a vaporizer. In addition, dilute a drop of PO with carrier oil and rub it into your chest, neck (especially the lymph gland area), back, and even the bottoms of your feet. Do this regularly, and you should notice significant improvement in your lungs and sinuses.

Peppermint Oil

bex88

Jun 21, 2010
Portland, Oregon
I buy a vg/pg mix, $2 for a 30ml bottle, add a couple drops of peppermint oil and a menthol crystal - I love it! From the same supplier I get a 30 ml bottle of his peppermint flavor at
36 ml nicotine - cut it with the vg/pg mix (it's cheaper to order a high dose nic and cut it down) and add a mentol crystal. That way I can switch from nic/no nic whenever I want. It's cheap, easy and pretty much all I vape. I was a menthol smoker so the mint is all I reall like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread