Vision spinner problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

strifeimmaculate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
My 1300 mah Vision Spinner Fat battery is no longer doing anything properly. It doesn't hold a charge. When the battery is on the charger, the white light on the button blinks, and it shows green on the charger, but the battery is "dead". This battery is pretty damn new, and it WAS my favorite battery ever cuz of how well it worked. I just don't understand what could be wrong. I've only had the battery for a month and have used it less than that. Any ideas?:mad:

Last edited:

strifeimmaculate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I have cleaned the contacts thoroughly and yes I have have my roommates eGo charger and it is giving me the same results. When it is unplugged completely, even pressing the button does nothing. (Normally, the button would turn white while holding the button.) And yes, I have hit the button 5 times to "turn the battery on or off."

When the battery is plugged in, the white light just flashes and flashes and the green light on the USB charger stays green. All of this is very new to me, as I have never seen the button just flash over and over again whilst plugged in, but show absolutely no signs of life whilst not plugged in. The only thing I have ever really used on this battery was my Vision ViVi Nova STV and I have never had any of these issues before. It was working only an hour or two ago while I watched the Pittsburgh Penguins get stomped out. Sometime during the game, everything with the battery just stopped firing. I have plugged the STV into an 1100 mah Riva-T VV battery and also a 510 manual battery and that still works perfectly on both of those.

This Spinner battery is practically brand new, but now does not work at all with anything that I have screwed into it; ie. STV, Vision Nanos, 510-T atomizers, etc.

strifeimmaculate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
When you are charging your vision spinner do you have the voltage on the ecig set at 4.2 volts. If not, try that. Good luck!

Will try this right now and will post again the results. Thanks everyone for trying to help, I'm just so mad. I just got this damn batt and haven't even used it a full month. There should be no reason why my Spinner is just all of a sudden non-working as this battery should last much longer than a month. :(

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Will try this right now and will post again the results. Thanks everyone for trying to help, I'm just so mad. I just got this damn batt and haven't even used it a full month. There should be no reason why my Spinner is just all of a sudden non-working as this battery should last much longer than a month. :(
:
I hope it works for you. It's my only suggestion. I know many sites are saying to charge the battery at 4.2. Good luck!

strifeimmaculate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I don't think that is quite the issue, all the battery button does is blink, but when it would charge normally, that light simply just wouldn't do that. I think this one is somehow faulty because no matter what I charge it at, as soon as I take it off the charger, it does ABSOLUTELY nothing! Won't fire anything that is firing correctly on every other battery I have. (510's, Riva VV 1100, etc.) I got a beat on battery I think and I am not happy about it, one bit. I sent in a ticket so hopefully they will have some kind of good news for me cuz this battery wasn't terribly expensive but it wasn't really all that cheap either. I'm so mad I could HULK SMASH this laptap... but I won't.

UGH! :mad: :(

P.S. I never had to make sure it was on any specific voltage for it to charge in the first place. It just worked. And now it does absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

strifeimmaculate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Well "creating a ticket" was as useless as ****! I'm so irritated... awesome customer service:

"I am sorry you are having problems with that. I wished I could do something for you but you have had this for over a month. Our exchange warranty is 14 days from receipt. and we are well past that."

WELL PAST 14 days... cuz everything just dies within 14 days... but no, a month, that's WELL OVER! :mad: So f'ing .......

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
Try gently pulling the post upward with some tweezers. Slide one side of the tweezer under the post top and gently edge it up a bit. Work your way around it doing this. I'll bet it fixes it :)
It's happened to my spinner and to other batteries. All with the symptoms your described.
Some cartos, clearo's and chargers will push the center pin down if they are over-tightened.

Last edited:

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
It is my opinion you may have gotten juice in the batt chamber.
It can happen to the best of us Many variables... That said there may be hope, a big maybe but here it goes.

Try putting it in a bag of dry rice standing on its head (4 or 5 days). :lol: Sounds silly but I have saved more the one ego type this way myself for the same blinking night no charge fault.

strifeimmaculate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
That's totally not it though, cuz I've tried that a million times already. The only time it does anything is when it's plugged into a power source and all it does is blink. As soon as I unscrew it, it does NOTHING. Doesn't blink, doesn't do anything after I press the button 5 times, doesn't fire anything at all and I've pulled the pin up every single time. This is horrible.... basically just ...... $30 down the drain cuz this didn't happen withing 14 days, but right around the 1 month marker... OH IT'S WELL OVER and there's simply nothing they can do about it... which is a bunch of BS.

strifeimmaculate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
It is my opinion you may have gotten juice in the batt chamber.
It can happen to the best of us Many variables... That said there may be hope, a big maybe but here it goes.

Try putting it in a bag of dry rice standing on its head (4 or 5 days). :lol: Sounds silly but I have saved more the one ego type this way myself for the same blinking night no charge fault.

I will try this, cuz based on the answers I'm getting from the ticketing system, I'm screwed. I understand there's a 14 day warranty, but I've gotten it delivered on january 24th, and have used this battery 20 days MAX since then, cuz I do have other batteries that I rotate, but all I'm getting told is I'm screwed out of $30.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I think saying the ticketing system screwed you is a bit strong.
A 14 day (or whatever term) warranty is just that…14 days.

I had a 1300mah Spinner fail from the get-go, it was within the warranty period and GV sent me a new one. This one is working great, as well as my other 1300mah spinner which has a couple months on it now.

GV DOES publish and honor their warranties, as a customer I don’t as for or expect anything more or less than that.

I hope that the rice trick brings it back to life. Best of luck to you.

strifeimmaculate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Ya but dead after a month... come on! That's a bunch of BS. I hope it does too or I'll prob look for another one with a better warranty or wait for a coupon or something so i don't waste $30 again. I know people have bought this batt before me and theres is still working great. Mine just dies after 30 days and there CAN'T BE ANYTHING DONE ABOUT IT... Ridiculous. All they'd do is send it back or something. I'm just stuck with garbage unless I can find someone who can open it up and take a look and maybe fix it if this rice doesn't work.

strifeimmaculate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I think saying the ticketing system screwed you is a bit strong.
A 14 day (or whatever term) warranty is just that…14 days.

I had a 1300mah Spinner fail from the get-go, it was within the warranty period and GV sent me a new one. This one is working great, as well as my other 1300mah spinner which has a couple months on it now.

GV DOES publish and honor their warranties, as a customer I don’t as for or expect anything more or less than that.

I hope that the rice trick brings it back to life. Best of luck to you.

I didn't say the ticketing system screwed me exactly, I basically said I'm screwed because of the BS answers I'm getting. Why risk a life long customer over a dud $30 battery... unless of course this rice works. Then I won't be ...... cuz I have another eGo style batt and a 510 to keep me going for at least a few days.

BUT I REALLY LIKED THE SPINNER. Didn't have to charge it for 2 or 3 days... gah I'm just frustrated as hell. Never had any problems until now... I do have the right to be ...... over my battery dying after 20 days of use MAX. More than a dollar a day of use.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Ya but dead after a month... come on! That's a bunch of BS. I hope it does too or I'll prob look for another one with a better warranty or wait for a coupon or something so i don't waste $30 again. I know people have bought this batt before me and theres is still working great. Mine just dies after 30 days and there CAN'T BE ANYTHING DONE ABOUT IT... Ridiculous. All they'd do is send it back or something. I'm just stuck with garbage unless I can find someone who can open it up and take a look and maybe fix it if this rice doesn't work.

As I said, the warranty is published and the length and terms are what they are.
If you do find a vendor with a longer warranty, don't expect a freebee if you have problems after that warranty expires either.

It all seems pretty straight forward to me :2c:

Last edited:

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
I didn't say the ticketing system screwed me exactly, I basically said I'm screwed because of the BS answers I'm getting. Why risk a life long customer over a dud $30 battery... unless of course this rice works. Then I won't be ...... cuz I have another eGo style batt and a 510 to keep me going for at least a few days.

BUT I REALLY LIKED THE SPINNER. Didn't have to charge it for 2 or 3 days... gah I'm just frustrated as hell. Never had any problems until now... I do have the right to be ...... over my battery dying after 20 days of use MAX. More than a dollar a day of use.

It is our collaborative opinion the batt you received was not a dud, juice in the batt is a common user error.
The fact remains you are past the posted warranty. We are here to help so keep in mind you catch more fly with honey than vinegar. :2c:

Try the rice then come back and tell us How it went. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread