Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Hi Everyone! I'm dizzy from reading (and trying to understand) for days now and I still don't know anything! I have a Pure Smoke e-cig but I don't like the taste or the throat hit. Does anyone know what model the Pure Smoke is and if I can use other (non-prefilled) carts and batteries with it? I'm trying to decide if I should start from scratch with a 510(?) or try to find something compatible with what I already have. Thanks!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hi Everyone! I'm dizzy from reading (and trying to understand) for days now and I still don't know anything! I have a Pure Smoke e-cig but I don't like the taste or the throat hit. Does anyone know what model the Pure Smoke is and if I can use other (non-prefilled) carts and batteries with it? I'm trying to decide if I should start from scratch with a 510(?) or try to find something compatible with what I already have. Thanks!

I took a look here and can't determine what model - a supermini of some sort:
https://www.puresmokeonline.com/shop/index.php?productID=115

If you're getting a good vape from it, you should use what you have before going to another model IF this is working for you. The Joye 510 would be an excellent choice, if not.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Thanks for your response. The only thing I don't like is the taste and would like to be able to use refillable carts. I was hoping I could buy carts and juice and not need to start from scratch with a whole new system... but I don't know what will work with it.

There's a video by a member of this forum (he mentions ECF) on the Pure Smoke site, but I can't find him here. I thought maybe he would know.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Just to let anyone that's interested know, I successfully refilled my Pure Smoke e-cig and I'm thrilled!!!

I used a plastic toothpick and let the juice drip down it onto the polyfill inside the cart. It worked great and tastes sooo much better than the prefilled carts that came with the e-cig!!! I used NHaler's Root Beer/Chocolate and couldn't ask for better flavor!

kjj

Jan 4, 2010
MN
You may get better results refilling if you pull the polyfill washer out and use a syringe and needle to inject into the chamber below it. Use thin tweezers to pull it, and be careful putting it back in.

The problem will probably be atomizers in the long run. The vendor website has them for $15 each, which is a bit excessive, and so far I haven't seen them anywhere else.

By the way, I prefer this design over the 510 for dripping. I pull the orange cart, put 1 or 2 drops directly on the heating coil, then carefully draw with my lips right on the steel shell.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Thanks, I'll try that as soon as I can access a syringe and needle. I feel weird asking for one at a pharmacy!

I really like the design, too, but the company has a specific business model that doesn't allow for DIY and that irritates me. At least they should have a secondary business separate from Pure Smoke that wouldn't compete with their POS customers but would offer DIY customers options. Their sales will be limited to mostly one-time customers because of the cost factor if they don't. Too bad because they have a great product!

paso

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Rocklin Calif.
I started with a pure smoke and it was good for a week. It only comes with one battery and that dies in like 2 hours. The carts are $25.00 for 10. I did refill with juice and that works sort of. I did take the polly fill ring out and ran juice down the side of the cart. Seemed like the juice did not last very long. I made a mistake of blowing into the atty with the battery attached and oops I killed it. I am now very happy with my joye 510 with the mega batteries.
paso

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Thanks, Paso. I've only had mine for a few days and you're right, the juice doesn't last very long. My battery lasts longer than a prefilled cart and it recharges in just a couple of hours. I get about 6-8 hours out of the battery. Only having one doesn't do much good, though, and I have to smoke analogs while it's recharging!

I refilled the way you said and that worked fine.

I ordered the Joye 510 a few days ago and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival! :thumbs: The fact that I won't be at the mercy of Pure Smoke makes me think I'll enjoy vaping more.

Where did you buy your mega batteries?

Last edited:

paso

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Rocklin Calif.
I bought my mega sets from health cabin in china and cost me $39.00 per set. I bought 2 so I would have plenty of batteries. They say the batteries only last about 3 months and I have had mine 2 so I will see. I see madvapes have desposable 510 kits cheap but not sure if I would want to go that way. Shipping from china took only about 5 days to calif.
paso

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I received my Joye 510 from Cignot today and after using the Pure Smoke for the past 10 days I can say that there is no comparison in the two. The 510 is a far superior PV in every respect and my whole vaping experience has changed.

If you have a Pure Smoke, forget it! Spend the money and buy a Joye 510 and you won't be disappointed. Products like Pure Smoke make it hard to stick with because they just don't work right for very long and the cost is prohibitive.

skypilotEd

Apr 27, 2010
Dixon, Ca
Howdy I also use the Pure Smoke. The batteries last about 5 hours and the carts are a pain to refill. Take out the poly ring and drop in 10 drops the pu the poly back in with a straw and top with 1-2 drops. They usually last about a day in the week and 4 hours during the weekend. Had a bad battery within a month sent it back and they sent me a new one. The m401 attys screw on but don't connect. I'm gonna try the KR808 pastrough next for weekend usage. YEH their carts flavor suck BAD. Thank God for Tasty Vapors in Oakland. Ordered some banana nut bread got it yesterday in 35% VG it works great with this ecig Can't put it down. Try dripping a small drop on the metal wick at the top of the atty on each side and a drop in the top of the cart for dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread