Status
Not open for further replies.
Cucu , I , and the rest of the Aussies are the best to comment on this ... HELL YEAH !!! LOL
I think if anyone wants to keep this habit going , a sensible amount of stockpiling is necessary ... but more importantly , getting off your butts , getting the word out there , and formulating an action plan BEFORE they are banned would be prudent... they best way around a ban is proving how stupid the ban might be .... BEFORE they ban it !!!

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Yes I know, in Australia, like many other places, you do not have the same type of court intervention or due process as in the US. There will be many hearings and jawboneing here before it even goes to the courts--so we will get plenty of time for a heads up. If anything gets out and out right banned it can only be the nicotine cartridges. But, as I said there will be plenty of time for a Plan B--which is to move to China!!

Last edited:

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
Do not concern yourself with something that is a huge maybe. I do not know if you are in the US or elsewhere as you have not posted your location. In the US, the legal system is very slow and we would have plenty of time for a Plan B.
Nice to hear your calming words , Sun!
But... Mexico , Australia out of nowhere banned or imposed strong restrictions..now UK I think with a bit of problems with a supplier who can't or couldn't sell le-iquid until proof of no poison..So it seems to come fast & furious..rather than a slower movement towards banning (which I also would expect for US & Canada..)
Either way, I started stockpiling both hardware & liquid within limits because of all the frenzy in other threads..maybe I should of just relaxed;)

Last edited:
Kate summed it up perfectly, an outright retrospective ban is nearly legally impossible anywhere ( its in part, why tobacco can still be sold ) but if there is the slightest little bit of previous legislation ( or in the case of Australia , a Poisons Act ) that it can be attached to , say goodbye little 'lecky ciggies !!! or even if its just the nicotine... it still affects the use of them

Misty

Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
In the US the standard for a product to be banned unilaterally we have a standard that is used --the product must prove--AFTER HEARING--that "the product poses an immanent harm to the general public." It is a very hard standard to meet. But if you are that scared, by all means load up!!
No..not scared..just being prudent after these sudden bans...and cause kinda love these e-cigs and some good strength nic..:thumb:

Keltrey

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2008
Olney, Illinois
In the US the standard for a product to be banned unilaterally we have a standard that is used --the product must prove--AFTER HEARING--that "the product poses an immanent harm to the general public." It is a very hard standard to meet. But if you are that scared, by all means load up!!

Actually, the FDA could have the sales stopped overnight due to not having the necessary paperwork filed on them. In our instance for e-liquid it falls under a New Drug Category.

This requires a New Drug Application (NDA) filed for it. The fact is and you can check the OASIS Disapproval lists of manufactures already being charged with not having this paperwork filed.

Because of this they could stop the import of goods from these companies or any others selling this product. It is a matter of if they choose to proceed with enforcement.

http://www.fda.gov/ora/oasis/11/ora_oasis_i_66.html

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Actually, the FDA could have the sales stopped overnight due to not having the necessary paperwork filed on them. In our instance for E-Liquid it falls under a New Drug Category.

This requires a New Drug Application (NDA) filed for it. The fact is and you can check the OASIS Disapproval lists of manufactures already being charged with not having this paperwork filed.

Because of this they could stop the import of goods from these companies or any others selling this product. It is a matter of if they choose to proceed with enforcement.

I will leave it by saying if you feel the need to stock up then by all means do it--Enjoy Vaping:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Misty

Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
Actually, the FDA could have the sales stopped overnight due to not having the necessary paperwork filed on them. In our instance for E-Liquid it falls under a New Drug Category.

OASIS REFUSALS INDUSTRY 66

That's an impressive link,Keltrey!
No clue how you got this! Do you work for the US govn't?
Maybe you can get the list for Canada rejections..:)

Keltrey

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2008
Olney, Illinois
It is not that easy and the NDA was purly a statment made by a pencil pusher at the FDA--his opinion is just that--an opinion

I suggest you ready Chapter 5; Section 505 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetics Act.

SEC. 505. [21 USC 355] New Drugs. [Caution: See prospective amendment note below.] (a) Necessity of effective approval of application. No person shall introduce or deliver for introduction into interstate commerce any new drug, unless an approval of an application filed pursuant to subsection (b) or (j) is effective with respect to such drug.

FD&C Act Chapter V, Sections 501-510

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I think Keltrey is right, that's the catch, classification is everything, we will be seen as drug importers and users. Drugs are only allowed if medically proven and approved, they are highly regulated.

Trading Standards recently stopped sale of liquid nicotine in the UK for Wicked. They tried to apply a law that exists to regulate poisons but fortunately that didn't cover the strengths our eliquid is supplied in. My understanding is that it was only after lab testing proof was provided that the Trading Standards allowed Wicked back on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread