Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I figure I'd start a Nasal Snuff thread where everyone could recommend the best places to buy Nasal snuff because I havent' seen one on this board.

My recommendation based on 1 experience is Nicotine Rush because the pricing is competitive and the selection is tremendous and they ship quickly and seem to provide good customer service.
Nasal Dry Snuff, Accessories : Nicotine Rush

I ordered on Friday and it shipped same day arriving on Monday. The order was professionally packaged in a box with peanuts. They threw in a free can of snuff .

What really wowed me was that this evening I wrote the owner a email asking for his recommendation on Snuffs. Turns out that the Poschl snuff is a heavier grind and better for beginners. The other snuffs are light and fluffy and go directly to my lungs. I'm still enjoying them but I have to stuff them in my nose instead of inhaling.

Well the owner Tom wrote me a very helpful letter within 3 hours of my writing. Very great customer service

MrSnuff

Moved On
Nov 18, 2009
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Good morning MrSnuff
I've referred a few folks over to the snuffhouse for sure.

I've ordered snuff from:
Nicotine Rush, craziest neatest packaging I've ever seen! One of the largest selections, fast delivery and good communications.

Mars Cigars & Pipes, Fast ship, great communication. Selection is a little on the limited side but his shipping costs are lowest of any of the others. Can be the least expensive if he's got what your after.

The Northerner, of course this site is in Sweden, not the US, but at least here you can get snus and snuff in one order.

For what it's worth, Northerner doesn't do the free snuff samples, but the all the other vendors that specialize in snuff include free samples with orders.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
I agree with the above posts. Tom is a great guy and, being in the same industry, we chat often.

I would also recommend MrSnuff. Same great service, pretty much the same product selection and prices. Tom is cheaper on some items, MrSnuff on others. MrSnuff also sends free snuff with every order (of snuff), has frequent member specials, as well as bulk discounts, and free shipping over $100.

---In the interests of transparency, I am an inveterate snuffer, a new vapeur, I work for MrSnuff and have a relationship with eclecticsmoker

If you have any snuff questions, feel free to ask. I have over 300 types and flavors in my personal collection, and have tried many more. I have seen the whole snuff process from tobacco seed to final product, and I read anything I can get my hands on relating to snuff. If I don't know the answer, I know where to find it. I don't mean to toot my own horn here, but feel free to use me as a snuff resource.

You might also consider popping over to snuffhouse. A great snuff forum with super-friendly and helpful members.

Dave
Dave!!! Great to see you over here at last!! Welcome!!! I'm sure we will use you for reference purposes(and more)Merry Christmas to you my friend!!:)The Wiz!

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
If you have any snuff questions, feel free to ask. I have over 300 types and flavors in my personal collection, and have tried many more. I have seen the whole snuff process from tobacco seed to final product, and I read anything I can get my hands on relating to snuff. If I don't know the answer, I know where to find it. I don't mean to toot my own horn here, but feel free to use me as a snuff resource.

Dave
Questions,......(maniacal laughter)......yes, MrSnuff.....welcome to my house of questions. A snuff guru is what a new snuffer like myself needs. I'll go now to prepare my list. And welcome to ECF, it's jam-packed with info and I hope we can assist you with your ecig questions as well :).

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Complete newb here. Which is better snuff or snus? Snuff almost sounds like more what I might be after as I dont like chew. Can somebody point me in the right direction?
Hi Sharky and welcome. You might step on over to http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...whats-under-your-lip-your-nose-right-now.html. Both worlds happening there. I'm not a big snuffer myself, but I enjoy both. So as not to confuse you, we primarilly are referring to Swedish snus, not chew. Swedish snus gets tucked behind the upper lip and then you can forget about it while it works its magic. No spitting or mud mouth and regulated as a food product in Sweden. Even ladies are doing it, so don't think cowboy too much :).

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Complete newb here. Which is better snuff or snus? Snuff almost sounds like more what I might be after as I dont like chew. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Hey sharkey
C'mon, ask a hard question will ya! :D

For openers, snus is not chew. By and large the snus we're talking of and using is Swedish snus. The REALLY short version is the tobacco is air cured and then pasteurized. This process keeps the TSNA's to a minimum.

The snus is used in the upper lip instead of the lower lip as is done with chew. It produces very little drip in comparison to chew. What is produced is so little it can be swallowed with no ill effect.

And as can be evidenced by the anecdotal evidence from the forums alone it does definitly deliver the nicotine and other alkaloids we ex-smokers crave!

Snuff, I can't give ya that much of a process description with out running to some notes. I'm old, what can I say.

Snuff does a respectable job of delivering the whole alkaloid spectrum as well. Many people have quit smoking using snuff only.

As far as which would be better for you to try, damn, I can't answer that.

Myself, I tried the snus first. After 7 months or so of vaping I still couldn't completely stop smoking, 1 or 2 a week, with just the vape. Reading the smokeless forums, especially Tropical Bob's post got me to try the snus. I haven't had a smoke since the first portion hit my lip in mid October. And it's been easy!

I've been using the snuff for almost 2 months I believe. Snus, you put in your mouth and then remove an hour or so later. Snuff requires an entire new regimen of nasal hygene. It is more then simply sniff and your done. But the extra daily steps required to keep the nose clean are worth it as far as I'm concerned!

That would be a first installment. More to follow if yer wanting it...

EDIT: TV beat me by 1 minute, and more succinct to boot! :D

Sharky

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Phoenix AZ
Thanks guys. I am just thinking ahead right now. If the FDA gets their greedy paws on vaping than I will just go to no nic vaping and do either snus or snuff to get my nic fix. I appreciate the time you guys took to explain it to me. Both sound like they would work fine and snus sounds easier to use on a daily basis with less of a learning curve. What recommendations would you have for a rookie trying out snus for the first time? Or is that posted in another thread? Hey Wiz, when I get around to snuff I will give you a yell. Thanks again folks. I appreciate your time.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
...snus sounds easier to use on a daily basis with less of a learning curve. What recommendations would you have for a rookie trying out snus for the first time? Or is that posted in another thread? ...

There are 2 or 3 threads in this forum with "recommendations" in the title.

From what I've learned so far sharkey, you should probably start with an average nic content and milder flavors. Branch out from there.

Traditional Swedish process uses, among other flavorings, salt and oil of Bergamot. Those are the first things IMO that can hit a new user in a negative manner. After a short period of time you don't notice the salt, but a low salt snus would be good for starters

Average nic is 8mg.

What I consider milder in taste would be Ettan Original and a new one I just got last night, Fielder & Lundgrens' Granit. Bit stronger in salt and tobacco flavor but still on the mild side is General Original. From what Twisted and Stubby are saying , Swedish Matchs' Lab Series 01 would be a good bet as well.

I've used the following vendors and readily endorse them all.
The Northerner, largest selection, in Sweden, reasonable to average prices and shipping costs.

GetSnus, smaller selection than Northerner, in Pennsylvania, better prices and fast cheap shipping. They will use UPS for orders over $20 so if you go over that amount e-mail them to specify USPS

ClubSnus, really small selection but should be expanding in the next month or so. Located in San Francisco they've got the best prices of the bunch. Because they are small the customer service I've seen and personally experienced is fantastic!

HTH and Enjoy!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Actually Sharky I do enjoy snus also,but with my steady vaping,the snuff seems to fill the nicotine void quite nicely for me.When I do use snus I prefer the sweeter portions such as Camel and Discreet....The Swedish snus's are just too salty for me.I am also a huge fan of Stonewalls disolvables(Just wish they had a few more flavors to pick from)!:)The Wiz!

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Guess I'm hardcore but my favorite is Thunder Frosted. Though they are the strongest. I find most Swedish Snus to be too mild for me. Try at least 1 package Thunder Frosted with your first order. They also make a Thunder Mini which is 1/2 the size and has the same nicotine as a regular portion Snus.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Guess I'm hardcore but my favorite is Thunder Frosted. Though they are the strongest. I find most Swedish Snus to be too mild for me. Try at least 1 package Thunder Frosted with your first order. They also make a Thunder Mini which is 1/2 the size and has the same nicotine as a regular portion Snus.
Wooohooo, Thunder shake my .... Frosted. Love the mini's, next order's gonna have the maxi's :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread