Ecig bill passes Senate in Oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let forum users know about a bill that passed the Oklahoma Senate today. It is my understanding that there are currently no laws in OK regarding ecigs (at least as far as where we can vape - correct me if I'm wrong tho).

The bill restricts anyone who is under 18 from purchasing an ecig or juice. It also imposes a .05 cent tax on ecig products. There is a cap on the tax of 10% of what is imposed on a pack of cigarettes.

Shops in Tulsa and surrounding areas do not allow anyone under 18 to enter their stores, much less buy anything (at least the ones I've been to). My main concern with the bill is the tax portion of it. I feel like I'm being punished for giving up my bad habit.

If there are other Okies on the board, please email or call Governor Fallin and express your opinion!

https://www.ok.gov/governor/Contact_the_Governor/index.html

Thanks much :)

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
Next they can pass a bill requiring the sun to rise.

Or charging the People a surcharge when it does... :facepalm:

All this bill will do is kill B&M stores, and seriously harm entrepreneurial start-ups of companies selling e-cig stuff online in OK. It will drive jobs and commerce out-of-state.

This bill kills OK jobs, and is hostile to new business development. Someone needs to ask the Governor why he is against new businesses, for higher taxes and punishing people financially for using a product that helped them stop smoking. And they need to ask him IN PUBLIC and OFTEN...

Last edited:

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
As introduced, this bill was not an e-cigarette tax bill. It didn't even concern e-cigarettes. It was 4 pages long.

Somehow, the bill became 34 pages long while in committee. It was then voted out and on the Senate floor within days.

CASAA will have a Call to Action once this is assigned to a committee. Oklahoma citizens should contact us board@casaa.org if you can make it to Oklahoma City for the Senate hearing.

badbadivy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Murfreesboro, TN
Next they can pass a bill requiring the sun to rise.

We tried to pass a local ordinance stopping snow from entering the city limits. It snowed anyway so we taxed it.

If I lived in Oklahoma I would fight the tax portion of the bill. There is so much wrong with that. :/

charmingkv

Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Okla
I'm so distraught over this law. I just purchased my first wholesale shipment to resale Ejuice to our area because nearest was 40 miles away. And today I found this forum, this senate bill and this thread. The company says no returns on Ejuice. So what am I to do? I can't vape all this myself and can't even legally advertise it. Any advice is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread