Status
Not open for further replies.

hjc0988

Aug 22, 2012
Nor-Cal
Need some help! I am receiving my first provari in a couple days, and need to find a good carto tank to use on it! I am not very interested in the rebuildable tanks, but it seems that most stainless steel tanks are for rebuildables. I would very much appreciate some help finding a stainless steel tank and caps which could fit cartos (such as the boge XL, or f16 boge) and flanged cartos (not a must, but would be nice). All help and all options would be very much appreciated!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi - you'll probably get a lot of recommendation (although not from me, I use glass) I might suggest you do a Google (or whatever SE you like) search on stainless steel carto tanks and variations thereof, and look at pictures to see if something grabs you.

I've found some cool stuff that way, like this: The PRO-VEX - Vaperfexion they have other interesting tanks too.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
big daddy.jpg Provari_Lil Mama.jpg

I don't own the above but they are highly recommended; and although they are not stainless steel, they are a heavy-construction anodized aluminum available in various colors. I would not discount these just because they are not SS. Big Daddy Vapor has been manufacturing tanks since DCT tanks came on the market, they know what they are doing. In addition, it has a juice window that is safe to use with all flavors of juice (won't crack with cinnamon-type flavors), unlike many of the other higher end metal tanks that are still using polycarbonate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpCFRBHNy2M

The Lil Moma tanks use a standard size Boge like you are searching for.

http://bigdaddyvapor.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=9

Be aware that most of the high end cartotanks use a polycarbonate tube that is not safe for use with cinnamon and citrus flavored e-liquids. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tanks/219179-lets-make-list-juices-flavors-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos-34.html#post8740263

I also highly recommend that you grab one of these, regardless of what tank you end up purchasing. Your tank will thank you with years of sevice: Stainless Steel Slap Yo' Mama Multi-Purpose Adapter [SYMSS] - $12.99 : Big Daddy Vapor

Last edited:

hjc0988

Aug 22, 2012
Nor-Cal
Hello,
thank you for the suggestion Ocelot. I did do a lot of searching on the web and it was very difficult to find much. I have also been looking into pyrex glass carto tanks. I just wanted to know if anyone on ecigforum knew something more about finding SS carto tanks. After I decided to pick up a provary I did do a lot of searching online and came up with SS carto tank caps, and most of them were for the pyrex glass tanks.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
@ Baditude: Thank you for the suggestion! The "slap yo mama" adaptor sounds like about a must buy. I was looking to purchase something similar for my current carto tanks.

May I ask why you inquired about stain steel tanks to begin with? Is it for their looks or something else? What specifically made you want one of them?

I've got 20 cartotanks in my collection. I keep at least a dozen up and running at any given time as I like a lot of variety in flavors. I'm also a collector of sorts. You can see many of my tanks in the link in my signature.

I prefer using pyrex glass-tubed cartotanks. Most of these have stainless steel or aluminum end caps. These caps may not have the thicker, special milled look that the more expensive metal tanks have, but because they use pyrex they are more pratical and safer to use with all the juice flavors. There's never a worry that a particular flavor might crack or melt the plastic tubes like you would with other tanks.

My favorite tanks are the IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us! for my Provari. These have stainless steel endcaps, but they are low profile to allow more juice capacity. And they are inexpensive - only $25 for a tank kit. I have seven of these, and come with a tank tool similar to the Slap Yo Moma.

I made a review of these tanks: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3318-3-ibtanked-pyrex-glass-tanks-review.html

IBTanked-1.jpg IBTanked-2.jpg IBTanked-MiniProvari.jpg

There are some other tanks that you may be interested in made by Kir Fanis, a Greek mod maker: http://www.avidvaper.com/cartomizer-tanks-2/ Again, be aware that the tubes in these are plastic that may not hold up to certain flavors.

The tanks made by Hoosier Vapes have a line that are stainless steel. They are unique in that the mouthpiece and top cap are one single unit, and twist off the tank for easy juice filling. The tubes are plastic, but glass replacements are offered as an accessory. Link to website doesn't work here, so Google "Hoosier Vapes" for the Bella - Elegance line of cartotanks.

ss Hoosier Tanks.jpg

Last edited:

hjc0988

Aug 22, 2012
Nor-Cal
@Baditude: Thank you sir, your review was very thorough!
In the case of cracking tanks, I enjoy only a few specific flavors and avoid strong cinnamon, strong citrus and most strong flavors so I don't worry too much.
I do like the look, and the feel of SS (Steel provari+hippo mod+steel tank= something awesome?) and like the idea of "fda food grade" steel.
There are claims of the "food grade" steel is as good or better than glass? And I have looked into those exact sites (ibtanked, avidvaper and hoosier.) as well.
I am also looking at PB dragon, vapor beast, ecig supply, vaperfexion, and valleyvapes.
The issue I feel I would have with glass tanks is the durability. Some vendors say they are fragile, while others claim theirs are very strong and will not break under "normal" circumstances.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
@Baditude: Thank you sir, your review was very thorough! ...
The issue I feel I would have with glass tanks is the durability. Some vendors say they are fragile, while others claim theirs are very strong and will not break under "normal" circumstances.

I can only speak from my experience. I'm pretty carefull about my equipment, but at times I have been careless, too. I have a bad habit of laying my Provari on a bench in the dressing room at work. The Provari has rolled off a few times onto hard tile floor. Twice this has happened with another manufacturer's tanks, and they shattered each time. The vendor of those tanks sent me a new tank free to trial, saying that he had changed suppliers and his new tanks are of better glass; I've not had the "opportunity" to test those tanks by dropping them on the tile floor, as I have gone to using a smaller mod and therefore no longer use the larger glass tanks that that manufacturer sells.

The IBTanks have had the same misfortune of rolling off the bench, but they have not cracked or shown any sign of damage. They also have survived falling from my lap onto the parking lot driveway when getting out of the car, again no problem of cracks or damage. Having said that, they are glass, and I try to be more attentive to avoid potential accidents.

Judging from my experience, depending upon the quality of the glass, pyrex can be quite durable. Are these glass tanks as durable as an all-metal or a tank that uses polypropylene for the tube, probably not. If you bring your tank into a hazzardous environment or are a total klutz that frequently drops their PV, then maybe glass is not the right material. But occassional falls onto carpet does not bother me in the least.

I have heard of some people placing a simple o-ring around both ends of their tanks, so that should their be impact contact that the o-rings are able to absorb some of the impact to avoid damage to the glass. I've not tried this myself.

Last edited:

hjc0988

Aug 22, 2012
Nor-Cal
I can only speak from my experience. I'm pretty carefull about my equipment, but at times I have been careless, too. I have a bad habit of laying my Provari on a bench in the dressing room at work. The Provari has rolled off a few times onto hard tile floor. Twice this has happened with another manufacturer's tanks, and they shattered each time. The vendor of those tanks sent me a new tank free to trial, saying that he had changed suppliers and his new tanks are of better glass; I've not had the "opportunity" to test those tanks by dropping them on the tile floor, as I have gone to using a smaller mod and therefore no longer use the larger glass tanks that that manufacturer sells.

The IBTanks have had the same misfortune of rolling off the bench, but they have not cracked or shown any sign of damage. They also have survived falling from my lap onto the parking lot driveway when getting out of the car, again no problem of cracks or damage. Having said that, they are glass, and I try to be more attentive to avoid potential accidents.

Judging from my experience, depending upon the quality of the glass, pyrex can be quite durable. Are these glass tanks as durable as an all-metal or a tank that uses polypropylene for the tube, probably not. If you bring your tank into a hazzardous environment or are a total klutz that frequently drops their PV, then maybe glass is not the right material. But occassional falls onto carpet does not bother me in the least.

I have heard of some people placing a simple o-ring around both ends of their tanks, so that should their be impact contact that the o-rings are able to absorb some of the impact to avoid damage to the glass. I've not tried this myself.

Update to this old post, IB-Tanked was an awesome choice! Thank you for your advice! Purchased two full tanks and they are serving me well. The tanks are awesome and I would recommend them to anyone looking for dct tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread