Status
Not open for further replies.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
Hello fellow vapors,

I am trying to determine which ecig bettery is the best. I have been using elite & instead e-cigs for some time. Interestingly enough, both uses the same charges but different atomizers. Elitelight lasts about 1 & half hour and instead lasts for a good two hours. These are regular sizes about 4 inches long.

The vapor level is fine, but every now and then I do have to change atomizers when the wick is damaged and cannot vaporize a new cartiage. I'd like to know if there are better ecig products of a battery that lasts longer then its limitations.

And yes, I know that batteries have a limited rechargable content until eventually, I'll have to replace it.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
A commercial battery unit is the only way to get long fiddle free battery life. The lithium-ion batteries are inexpensive, rechargable, last long and are available in the USA and China (for a bit less). Vapor is amazing, as the voltage is just slightly higher when first charged (4.2v). Some are built to run 6v (but I find it is too high and can burn out attys quickly as well as changes the flavor of liquids unless you use high voltage atomizers, which I don't want to buy).

A list of them is here: E-cig News: A run-down of all the big battery model e-cigarettes on the market

I can recommend the Chuck/Little Chuck as being one of the most dependable (and pretty nice, since you design what ever you want on it since the finish is custom). $85 delivered and has a 1 year warranty.

I use my 510 and 801 atomizers on them (it is built to run what ever atty you want, and you can use adapters to use other atomizer models on it). The Chuck uses an 18650 battery, and I get 2 days on it, the Little Chuck a 16340 and I get about 7 hours. THAG BUILT: A Wolf in Sheeps Clothing!
Jeff's forum: Thag Built / The Chuck - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

Other than that, the 801/RN4072/302 Penstyle gives about 4 hours of steady vaping... so does the 510 Mega Power battery. Both can be bought with the mechanical button so they are sealed from liquid.

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
I was wondering this very thing yesterday. Adapters are getting easier to find for all major models. I like the streamline of standard bats.

I am unaware of your specific model mentioned, but if the one poster is corrert about 808 D-1 <---- I am assuming d1 as most -but there is a 808 D2 (different threads)

Someone else mentioned get the 808 bats to me, but find they are liking the 510 with the cartos. (interesting that different generic bats-produce different results I guess??)

But while looking around at 808 bats, I think one of my fav venders is leading the pack on pricing currently (coupon code e-cigforum i think)

Here's the links that I have and waiting for the next midnight special that I want to buy. I am hoping to get 30ml apple under 9.00 lol. When I see apple ..I will probably order the first one listed below.

Manual Switch Battery for KR808D-1 (LONG) - $12.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
Manual Switch Battery for KR808D-1 (SHORT) - $10.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
Battery for KR808D - $11.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

I wish ALL Suppliers would list the mAH of all batteries on their selling page-it would be soo much easier to guess the mileage one might get

Last edited:

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Icey, I recommend you use the suppliers here. E-cigs/supplies aren't sold on eBay or Amazon. Everyone on the forum sells for less than 'outside' sellers with websites, so you can be assured that you are dealing with someone reputable and in most cases get a great deal.

What model numbers are you using? That would be really helpful.

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
As far as paypal- I have dealt with several different suppliers. I am only 1 month into this stuff but smoke free...I can't help thinking- if you found a place that you wanted to order from and contacted them..that you couldn't arrange buying a telephone off them and email them money LOL. Although they might forget to add the telephone when shipping and add a bunch of free items you want. Ah heck protect the sellers and protect yourself- get a gift certificate charge card

OH Helen is right use suppliers known on e-cig boards!! They all have been great to me

Last edited:

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
A commercial battery unit is the only way to get long fiddle free battery life. The lithium-ion batteries are inexpensive, rechargable, last long and are available in the USA and China (for a bit less). Vapor is amazing, as the voltage is just slightly higher when first charged (4.2v). Some are built to run 6v (but I find it is too high and can burn out attys quickly as well as changes the flavor of liquids unless you use high voltage atomizers, which I don't want to buy).

I can recommend the Chuck/Little Chuck as being one of the most dependable (and pretty nice, since you design what ever you want on it since the finish is custom). $85 delivered and has a 1 year warranty.

I use my 510 and 801 atomizers on them (it is built to run what ever atty you want, and you can use adapters to use other atomizer models on it). The Chuck uses an 18650 battery, and I get 2 days on it, the Little Chuck a 16340 and I get about 7 hours.

Other than that, the 801/RN4072/302 Penstyle gives about 4 hours of steady vaping... so does the 510 Mega Power battery. Both can be bought with the mechanical button so they are sealed from liquid.

Just need the battery. No kits... No accessories :mad:

I feel I was a little ripped off trying two companies of ecig haiwaii and elite considering the insane price for the "starter" kit. The Mini starter kit from hawaii lasted 30 minutes and costed $50.00.

The starter kit (regular 4 inches) from the mall brand elitelight cigs are great in performance, but battery only lasts and hour. They costed me about $84.00 but luckily friend gave me a 10% discount with a free additional cig (because of black friday :w00t:) that was worth buying. Their cartiages and flavors by the way sucks... Like really bad. They only have two flavors and menthol is about the only thing that taste good but you get sick of it after awhile.

So there you have it. Trying to get something that is compatable that is an atomizer screw in (not outter) to buy. Not picky with the design but I would prefer red or blu led lights when it lits.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Btw, the battery units that I have (Chuck with an 18650 battery) are 3,000 mAh. Doesn't get better than that!! I have an adapter that will run my cartomizers. Thagbuilt has them on the website, so you can purchase them when you order.

XL batteries/Megas at $20 a pop... yikes. I'll never buy those again (and I bought lots of them, sighhh).

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
Icey, I recommend you use the suppliers here. E-cigs/supplies aren't sold on eBay or Amazon. Everyone on the forum sells for less than 'outside' sellers with websites, so you can be assured that you are dealing with someone reputable and in most cases get a great deal.

What model numbers are you using? That would be really helpful.

google elightelite or check their website. There is no model number on this thing other than their name and logo design.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
Btw, the battery units that I have (Chuck with an 18650 battery) are 3,000 mAh. Doesn't get better than that!! I have an adapter that will run my cartomizers. Thagbuilt has them on the website, so you can purchase them when you order.

XL batteries/Megas at $20 a pop... yikes. I'll never buy those again (and I bought lots of them, sighhh).

That sounds great. I will once I can friggin post the link of the model product ><. But yeah, google the thingy and you'll know what I'm talking about. But remember, it's not a mini ecig that I have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread