Kanger Evod review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaptor

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
sydney
In "theory" the Evod should vape same as the Kanger T3 however I find it not to be the case. My first vape on the Evod reminded me top coil clearo like Stardust etc. It had that familiar rubber/silicon taste in the vapor but not as much. I also noticed much less flavor than the T3 has. After about 5 minutes the Evod started gurgling so badly that I had to and another small wick on top of the two that are all ready there.
After two tanks the flavor didn't get better and I could still taste the rubber/silicon in my vapor eve tho it diminished slightly.
Esthetically it is a good looking unit, how ever it's not very easy to see the juice remaining through the window so I would mostly rely on seeing the juice in the clear drip tip which also shows condensation and that looks a bit nasty.
As oppose to T3, screwing the Evod is more difficult because the base is just smooth chrome which is somewhat slippery.
Evod is about 1/3 shorter than the T3 but seems to take only half the amount of liquid of T3 (didn't actually measured it) and runs out fairly quickly so it's not as practical as I thought it'll be.
Conclusion - does not hold enough juice for it's size, problems with flooding, less flavor than T3, slight funky rubber/silicon flavor.
This is how Evod presents to me, I find T3 much better for my vaping style but this might be different for you so the only real way to find out is to try one.
By the way I find the T3 base can be used in the Evod but Evod base won't fit the T3.

Last edited:

telijah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Tampa, FL
I'm getting rid of two of my three EVODs, keeping the one though as a backup and for quick vaping at home. Like other clearos, I've learned giving them a quick wash before the first use helps remove some of the added "flavors", and them making sure the coil is screwed securely to the base before first use as a lot of them are real loose upon arrival.

Reactions: fraserkr

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
Another Evod fan here. Love everything about it. I've had no leakage, gurgling or juice coming out of the mouthpiece on refilling. A piece of papertowel rolled into a point gets the condensation out of the mouthpiece. When I notice the juice level gets low, I just refill it. I just wish they came in more colors.

Reactions: fraserkr

Vaptor

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
sydney
The Evod I reviewed was 1.8ohm so I don't know if higher resistance would be different in vape but today I vaped 1/2 a day with Evod and 1/2 day with T3 just to compare them again and I still find the T3 smoother and more flavorful. Than I put the T3 2.4ohm base in to the Evod and found the vape more to my taste. Would be interesting to try Evod 2.4+ ohm but I don't have any at the moment.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Recent convert to T3/BCC Tabac/eVod. :)

I find them all very similar in performance and taste. I use them all on my Twist and on regular eGo and Riva batteries. The eVod I got came with a 2.4Ω coil; I prefer 1.8 and 2.2Ω coils, but with a Twist it's not a problem; I up the voltage a bit to get the warmth I want.

As an eGo user, I really appreciate the eGo threading and I like the bottom coil placement; never much cared for the top coils.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The Evod I reviewed was 1.8ohm so I don't know if higher resistance would be different in vape but today I vaped 1/2 a day with Evod and 1/2 day with T3 just to compare them again and I still find the T3 smoother and more flavorful. Than I put the T3 2.4ohm base in to the Evod and found the vape more to my taste. Would be interesting to try Evod 2.4+ ohm but I don't have any at the moment.

What battery are you using? Do you have a vv device?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I just wish they came in more colors.

How many colors do you want? :)

KREV-3.jpg

Last edited:

miketreeguy