Clearomizer Question from newbie....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamweaver35

Feb 17, 2013
Alabama
I just bought my first clearomizer....a Vision Nano. I have an ego-c 1000mAh twist and a regular 650mAh ego battery which I started with and I am getting my feet wet slowly. My question is regarding the primer fluid on the nano. From all the reviews I read I was expecting the primer and most said that it went away and the nano starts vaping and tasting good about 1/2 to 3/4 through the first fill. I have gotten the first one working really well, but I was thinking about soaking the next one in alcohol and washing it out really and letting it dry to see if that would forego the need to taste plastic through 1/2 a ml...I just don't want to mess up the nano. If anyone has any experience with the Vision Nano Clearomizer and can tell me whether I will kill it by washing it out first or if that seems like a good idea I would really appreciate the advise.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I'm not aware of the Nano coming with primer fluid in it. Some atomizers come with primer fluid, but that's to keep them from completely drying out. Clearos can be a bit wonky when you first vape them, it takes a little while for the liquid to flow freely.

ETA: If you soak them in anything but water, you may have trouble getting the taste out.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I'm stuck on the primer idea. I can't for the life of me figure out why a clearo would come with primer in it. Attys are exposed directly to air and need protection, clearos are enclosed; plus, it's easy to blow the primer (usually pg) out of an atty. Primer in a clearo would be like putting primer in a carto.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Never used anything but regular tap water on any of my attys.

The thing is, it's not an atty.

A Nano is a little bottom coil clearo: VISION Nano Clearomizer Bottom Coil 1ml 1.8ohm - CLEAR [gv-VisionNanoBottomCoil1.8-CLEAR] - $3.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

The where the directions say: "When first using the Nano DEFINITELY allow it to soak in for a good 5 minutes or more. Do not allow it to soak in for too long though without firing it on first use or some seepage may occur.If seepage or moisture occurs simply wipe clean and vape."
they are referring to letting the e-liquid soak into in.

dreamweaver35

Feb 17, 2013
Alabama
I can't attest to the fact that it is actually primer fluid I was just going by a few reviews that referred to it as a plastic primer taste to begin with....which is totally true from what I've seen...I did not taste my fluid at all for the first 1/2 ml., but after you get about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through the first fill you begin to actually taste the liquid that you put into the clearo. I am going to try washing the next one out first and see if that helps to be able to avoid this plastic type taste. It is working really well now though and has a good taste and vapor production.

dreamweaver35

Feb 17, 2013
Alabama
I'm not totally sure it is primer I'm just going by a few reviews I saw that said called it a plastic primer taste to begin with until you got through about 1/2 to 3/4 a ml which is what I have experienced as well. I did begin using it last night after it sat for a few minutes as per the instructions and then again this morning. It still seemed to have that plastic type taste until I got through about 1/2 a ml. Now it is vaping wonderfully though and now has a good taste and vapor production. I am very satisfied with this clero, but I will probably try washing the next one first before using to see if I can avoid that plastic taste.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. I hope rinsing them out works for you. I only had a Nano for a couple of days before my friend stole borrowed it. I didn't notice a plastic taste, although several juices I've tried taste like plastic. ;)

A similar product you may want to try in a CE3 (gotvape's calls it a "Phoenix"), it's only slightly bigger than a Nano. Like the Nano, it's a bottom coil, but you fill it from the bottom with a syringe (that comes in the box). The liquid is held in by a vacuum, like a syringe. I've had very good luck with them, compared to other clearos and like that they come 5 to a box. When they fail, they fail epically (imagine pulling the plunger out of a syringe), but when they work like they are supposed to, they don't leak at all.

GotVapes PHOENiX™ Bottom Coil XL 1.5ml Carto 2.4-2.6ohms [gv-PHOENIX-XL-2.4-510] - $11.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

ETA: I would not recommend dry burning a bottom coil clearo.

dreamweaver35

Feb 17, 2013
Alabama
Thanks Ocelot...I will check out the Phoenix. I had started to get a Kanger T3, but decided to go with the nano first to see if I like the clearomizers. I do like the nano now that I am tasting my liquid....it's a pretty nice little clearo especially for the price!! :)

Also, thanks to everyone else for the responses. I think I will be rinsing with plain warm water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread