Difference between "regular" battery and pass-through (808 style)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorky_Park

Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Ruskin, FL
Hello there! New to vaping and forum, bought my premium starter kit from O2 vapors and want to upgrade now. I bought one of their clearomizers, and I know they are suppose to be used with a passthrough. What is the main advantage other than higher capacity? (280 mah vs. 900 mah). On their website, it says I can use either one but the button (I have a manual) is too close to the actual clearomizer to use comfortably.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Actually a clearo can be used on most batteries. Pass-through means you can charge the battery while in use. There is a connection on the bottom of the battery to connect the charger. Most pass-through batteries can be charged the regular way also. Only advantage in a pass-through is you can use it when charging. Has little IME to do with the type of atty.

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
A passthrough allows you to plug into a power source as you vape so you never run out of power.

A power source is a power source, be it batteries or passthrus. Dont let them talk you into buying things you dont need. If you spend a lot of time in front of a computer and vape a lot when using it, then a passthru could be good. Otherwise any battery works just fine.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hello there! New to vaping and forum, bought my premium starter kit from O2 vapors and want to upgrade now. I bought one of their clearomizers, and I know they are suppose to be used with a passthrough. What is the main advantage other than higher capacity? (280 mah vs. 900 mah). On their website, it says I can use either one but the button (I have a manual) is too close to the actual clearomizer to use comfortably.

Hi - mAh is short for "milliampere-hour" which is how long a battery will work on a charge. 100mAh ≈ 1 hour of use. The higher the mAh, the longer the battery will last. The higher the mAh the longer the battery will be in size too.

As previously posted, a "pass through" is a battery that can be connected directly to your computer during use. It has no bearing on whether a clearomizer can be used or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread