evic vs provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

millwright.mike

Feb 7, 2013
Tampa, Fl
I tried the evic and I own the provari and from my experiences the provari wins hands down because of the solid build, 1 yr warranty with optional 2 yr, and the provari goes up to 6 volts where the evic only goes to 5. That's a problem for me, the only thing that the evic has going for it is a bunch of unnecessary bells and whistles. At the end of the day it's your decision but for me it will always be a Provari.

BlackPurple

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Malaysia
i own the eVic, but getting Provari so soon because lots of my friends use Provari..which means i already try it..
all differences i can say is:
Feature : eVic (E) - Provari(P)
Weight : (E) - very light. (P) - much heavier than other mods
Screen : (E) - User Interface. (P) - 2 Digital Digit
Voltage limit : (E)
- 5 Volts. (P) - 6 Volts
VV/VW : (E) - YES/YES. (P) - YES/NO
Accuracy : (E) - less accurate. (P) - very accurate (with AccuSet technology)
Passthrough : (E) - via USB charger cable. (P) - extension.
variable ohm support : (E) - minimum 1.2ohm. (P) - minimum 0.9ohm (tell me if im wrong,im not sure though)
Upgradable : (E) - YES (Firmware). (P) - NO (upgradable with less pay if trade-in)

Both mods have a solid device, but Provari is much way solid compare to eVic.
all i can say, eVic is 1 of best VW device with low price out there. Provari is best VV device as well.
i recommend eVic to newb who want to switch to VV/VW APV because of the flexibility of UI screen and very easy to play with it..
for me, Provari is more like for advance user who want accurate setting.
many people including me always questioning why provari is so damn expensive..
but i change my mind after using it..
like PBusardo said: "i have one,i hold one, i use one, and all i can say is..now i get it"..
its perfect device..i cant question it anymore..thats pretty much why im getting it so soon..
i wont let go my eVic as well..its pretty much very good VW device,it got some issues but its not bother me so much..i love it.
its much more thing,i cant spit all in once (lol)..
but yeah,hope this helpful.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Both devices will provide you with your vape. The choice between the two depends upon your expectation in a PV for the long term.

Obviously the Provari is much more expensive than the other devices, which are primarily all manufactured in China. The body build and materials used, inner electronics, and warranty of the Provari are far superior to all of the other mods.

Once a Chinese-manufactured mod breaks or fails for any reason after the warranty, it can not be fixed. Those manufacturers do not repair their products.

The Provari comes with a longer warranty, has the option at the time of purchase to get an additional year if you desire it, and will be repaired by the manufacturer even after the warranty has been expired for a reasonable fee. So over the long term, the Provari is the better deal and product. If you can afford the Provari, it is without question the better value over time.

Provari's can be purchased starting at $140 from their clearance section. These are brand new, fully warrantied, slightly blemished models. The people I know who have purchased these have been unable to find the so-called blemishes. It's just that Provape has such high standards in their quality control that they decide to sell what they consider to be blemished at a cheaper rate. Clearance

Last edited:

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
For my .02 cents worth , they both have their place . While the Provari , is very well made , the Evic is a tad on the frail side . But in it's defense , the Evic does have both VV , and VW , the Provari , only VV . And as for all the bells and whistles aspect . The Evic does give a lot of information , not important to some people . But some people like having the extra information , even the puff counter ( tells them how much their vaping ) So in essense , they both have their good points , and both their bad . Had the contest been between the Vamo and the Provari , it would have been a tougher call . Vamo is well made , has Both VV , and VW , and is tons , less than a Provari . I have all three of these devices , and like them all , for different reasons .

Last edited:

PuffMagicDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Los Angeles
I know the price difference is huge, but if I could get some actual user testimonials from people who have both, that would be awesome. Im getting 1 of these 2 apv's within the next week, I currently have a vamo and gripper vv. I run lots of dcts, vivi novas, bcts.

I own both and honestly couldn't tell you the difference in the beginning. We can go on and on about pros and cons but what it comes down to is are you willing to spend the money. I did and it was money well spent. It's like wine, good wine is not cheap but if you can't taste the difference then why spend the money. Once I started vaping regularly and my taste became more acute to what I was vaping I noticed that flavors even with my own tank and carto tasted different/better on a ProVari.

I wanted to know why and found some threads here on ecf that showed how the ProVari works on an oscilloscope it also showed how a Vamo worked. You can clearly see the difference BUT could you taste it was my question... I could and that's why I own a Provari.

So again it's back onto you and if you want to spend the money. The only real world test I could suggest is to head to a shop or somewhere you can find a vape venue and try out both units I know it's not always possible but give it a shot. I don't think reading the forums alone can give you any real world results on how any particular APV would satisfy your needs in particular.

I own an eVic/Vamo/ProVari as well as a couple of mechanical mods and head to head the ProVari always had better vape when compared directly to the eVic.

Hope this helps.

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
I know the price difference is huge, but if I could get some actual user testimonials from people who have both, that would be awesome. Im getting 1 of these 2 apv's within the next week, I currently have a vamo and gripper vv. I run lots of dcts, vivi novas, bcts.

I have two eVics (one 28 days old, one 10 days). Neither of them works.
I also have a Provari that's three months old, and I'm vaping on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread