Tobacco Flavorings and Enhancers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
tobacco Flavorings and Enhancers is a spray you buy to enhance tobacco or give flavoring to homegrown tobacco. I found a website selling this. would this be any good for the e-cig? It saids you can use it to enhance tobacco that has aged and need refreshed or to make homegrown taste like store bought. They sell alot of flavors. Can buy a little or a lot. Anyway wondering about this. To learn about this google or whatever you use-(tobacco flavoring.)

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
These are for use with home grown tobacco. If they can be used safely on tobacco to be smoked, I, personally, would have no fear of using a small amount in liquid for vaporizing. I've seen them, considered growing my own tobacco, but haven't ordered any yet.

I'd treat them like any flavoring -- only add a few drops to 10ml.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
These are for use with home grown tobacco. If they can be used safely on tobacco to be smoked, I, personally, would have no fear of using a small amount in liquid for vaporizing. I've seen them, considered growing my own tobacco, but haven't ordered any yet.

I'd treat them like any flavoring -- only add a few drops to 10ml.

Since using flavorings with sugar has been discouraged here, I have never tried it myself. But if you do try it TB, let us know if you notice any distinct difference with atomizer life/problems?

Lu

Jaaxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
juicyliquid.com
I had mentioned sugar in another thread, but there I thought the OP was talking about something totally different.

Some of the "smoke" shops around here sell spray-on "tobacco" flavors in fruity/nutty flavors. They are basically candy syrups watered down enough to spray from a bottle. I am sure these are certain death to an atomizer.

However, the enhancers we're talking about in this thread I know nothing about at all. At least until my order gets here ;)

Jaaxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
juicyliquid.com
Well, I'm obviously gonna taste em first. Also, I'm hoping some sort of ingredient list is on the packaging, If not I'll try contacting the manufacturer.

You really can't avoid all sugar. It occurs naturally to some degree in almost all organic material; however, you can avoid *added* sugars, especially corn syrup and the like.

It could be that these have flavor totally unlike tobacco anyhow. For instance citric acid is sold as a "flavor enhancer" for fruit flavors, but does not taste remotely fruity by itself. We'll see!

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Good for you for testing. As you state, TOBACCO has sugar! It varies by type of tobacco, but many commercial tobaccos add sugar. As with many things, it's the amount (as well as type) that determines appropriateness. Heck, my atomizers last about one month. If I vape something with added sugar, they might last 29 days, eh?

I'd take that risk for about the $18 cost of a new atomizer. I'm going to be replacing it regularly anyhow. Might as well enjoy some decent taste while it's functional.

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
Well I received my order for this. I love the flavors. I got commercial cigarette flavor,vanilla, menthol and cocca. I really love the commerical cigarette flavor. To me its like the roll your own cigs taste. I don't know if they have sugar or not. Not must list . It saids on the bottle for menthol. Natural and aromatic flavorings,glycolene,distilled water. It saids this on all 4 flavors. I drip 1 drop on atomizer and nice taste. I need to mix it with my other e-juice and see. I have not tried menthol yet. Anyway I wish the e-juice we buy, tasted more like this flavor. The commerical cig flavor I really like! Why can't the people that make the e-juice do it right?

Jaaxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
juicyliquid.com
Yep, got mine too. Cig and Virginia. Man this stuff is potent! The spray versions are pre-diluted by 1 to 5 vs the 7oz concentrate they sell. And I contacted the seller and the 1 gallon concentrate is even more concentrated than that.

Did an evaporation test (no heat) and the residue was minimal and dry (not sticky.) I'm not worried about the sugar content.

Virginia + Comm Cig in a 1 to 3 ratio is fantastic. But beware too much Virginia and you end up with "French Pipe" ie. perfume.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I just placed an order with the seedman company. Looked around there too...they have other interesting products such as tobacco seeds and equipment to grow them, lorann flavorings, little plastic bottles, etc.

Anyhoo...if anyone else is interested, they posted this after I checked out:

Please tell your friends about our website!
Because you have placed an initial order with us, you can entitle all of your friends and family to a 10% discount on their first order placed with us.
To receive this discount, simply tell your friends and family to type in:
FirstOrder ( this is case sensitive )
in the Promotional Code field of the shopping cart.
The discount will automatically apply. Even if you friends want to mail in payment, this still applies.

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
I have mixed some of the commerical tobacco flavor with my Totally Wicked Virginia e-juice and pretty good. I put around 10 drops in the large bottle with 24 mg nicotine. I still like the flavor better dropped on the atomizer. I like one drop of the virginia and one drop of the full flavor commercial tobacco flavor and that was excellent. So maybe I need half and half,but that would make my nicotine to low. Trying to figure out how to mix this.??

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
That's always the problem with mixing, particularly if you have to use a lot of mixer. All my juice is 36mg but I actually don't smoke that most of the time because I mix so much stuff together. (Some I do use by itself though so I am still getting that 36mg when I need to).

I had mentioned earlier that people rave about mixing glycerin, etc, but it definitely does cut down on your nic strength so others should be aware of that when mixing anything non nic with their ejuice.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you rejoice except if you know you are going to be mixing a lot, get the higher nic....then you can dilute down to any strength you want....and add glycerin (or PG) if you need to, as well.

Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread