Smoktech Vivi Nova vs. Vision Vivi Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiffany83

Mar 1, 2013
CO
So... I am looking into purchasing a new clearomizer or tank... I already have a Vision Vivi Nova [metal] tank and I really like it so I was thinking of purchasing a Mini Vivi Nova... I soon realized that Smoktech also makes these. All these knock-offs are driving me nuts... as soon as I think I have it all figured out, I find some new info that makes me question all of it. I have heard really good things about the vivi novas in general (I'm assuming they all meant the Vision ones) but at this point I don't really know...

I do know now that the Smoktech Redux coils can be used with the [smoktech] mini vivis and the vision vivi nova coils can be used with the vision mini vivis... but not with the v3s.

My question is: Have any of you used the Smoktech Mini Vivi Novas and if so, what are your experiences with them? And, how do they compare with the Vision Vivi Novas?

(sorry if this question is redundant-- I couldn't find a thread on this issue)

I'm also considering getting a Smoktech DCT just because the tube is replaceable, but I've heard mixed reviews about these tanks... the wick system is working pretty well for me.

Thanks!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
The Smok Tech Vivis are problematic with dry hits and leaks. Most times when someone complains or posts about probs with the Vivi it's usually it's a ST. I've been using Vision Mini Novas for 5+ months with no issues at all.
Having said that I am not brand loyal. Some ST products are wonderful while others are not up to the task. Same with Vision- I LOVE the Vivi but don't like the CE4, 5, etc....SLB- LOVE some of their products but hate others.
I have used carto tanks and have never had any issues BUT there is a learning curve to them.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It seems everyone in China is making knockoff heads for the Vision Vivi Nova. I just received two 3 packs of heads that were advertised to be Vision Vivi Nova. The 3 pack price was $8.99 (real ones are $2.95 ea, so what the heck). When they came in, they were marked Viva not Vivi Nova. They worked fine and the resistance reads correct on my Provari, but when I went back to check the web site I saw that they were labeled Vision Viva Nova. I missed that little point when I ordered. They even have 2.8 followed by the ohms symbol laser etched on the side of the head where the real head is marked.

They were probably overruns created in the same factory and sold out the back door. That's a big problem with Chinese factories making products for American companies. It happens all the time with running shoes and most other equipment. It's one of the reasons that a lot of American companies are bringing production back home.

Chances are many of the parts we get are back door parts instead of legitimate production items. Do we care as long as they work the same? Probably not, but then warranties on offshore products are too costly when you add in shipping back to the factory. It's mostly throw away stuff we buy from them for that reason. We buy cheap and then toss it if it breaks a couple of months in.

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi guys,

Is this the same thing?

vivi nova

I bought this model, still waiting it for arrive to Japan. I had no idea there were so many vivi-nova's. Man, this vaping world is so deep.

Much to learn!

Yes. From the Apollo website:
"The Vision Vivi Nova is 510 threaded to work with most 510, EGo, or many other 510 threaded ecigs. These work very well on all the Apollo EGo, EGo-vv batteries and VTubes"

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The "Viva Nova" heads I got were the ones with the large single rope wicking. As a matter of fact, those seemed to wick slightly better for me than the 4 rope heads. They have worked flawlessly. That's why I think they were overruns sold under another name.

New Balance running shoes took their business back from China and built 5 plants in the US because of the back door sales going on with their identical product being made on overtime in the same plant using their proprietary production equipment and sold under another name to other companies.

rbding

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
ashland, ohio
Chances are many of the parts we get are back door parts instead of legitimate production items. Do we care as long as they work the same? .

DaveP we should care a little bit. they sent a lot of circuit breakers over here the last couple years. turns out they don't interrupt like they should. and can cause fires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread