Just bought the Bullet

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
idaho
Yo, just got the Bullet, electric blue/black button. Got it off the classifieds. Been using a provari, vamo and ss vv 350. Actually the cheap vv 350 is my favorite device now, go figure, the provari is pretty good too (lol). Anyway I've always wanted one, hope it meets my expectations. I know it will last, any advice on batteries, heads and care?

garyd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
idaho
Congrats on your new S.B.

The only advice I can give to you is use only Protected AW Batteries.

As far as a great vape is concerned you cannot beat a decent RBA.......
Good luck!

Well thanks, it came with an AW 18650 and 4 of the tenergy 123 batteries for 6 volt vaping I presume, so you wouldn't recommend stacking the tenergy batteries?

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
I have always used Nova tanks on mine and changed them about 5 times a day just because i was messing with a lot of different flavours. I put a 510-510 adaptor on the top so as to try to stop wearing out the threads on the device. Once a month or so - a little noalox on the threads keeps it in great condition and the 18650s would last me easily a full day. It remains one of my favourite mods even though it now largely plays second fiddle to my Reo.
It is money very well spent.

T

garyd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
idaho
haha I just got one off the classy too just had to post here cuz I'm in idaho as well.

Congrats to you! I just got a kick for mine last night off the classifieds for $35. The only problem I had with mine when I got it was it had so much noalox on the threads it moved the switch sideways when tightening. Cleaned off as much as I could with a q-tip and then used a little vaseline on the threads and smooth as silk, no more switch movement.

gjshaw29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Congrats to you! I just got a kick for mine last night off the classifieds for $35.
Thanks man. I think I saw that same classy post for the kick and was gonna get it. But I already have a vamo lol. Gonna just try the SB and 3.7 and see how it is. What part of Idaho are you in by the way?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I actually prefer using the 18650 AW imr batteries (the red ones) to the protected. Real life battery time seems similar if not better than the so-called higher mah protected batteries, I it's my opinion they are safer than the protected being they are safer chemistry.

The SB is like an old soldier, it can take a beating but keeps on going. Plus, Altsmoke will always repair it if it needs it. Although it has been out for a few years now, it seems it is still just as popular as ever, especially with the popularity of RBA's with mechanicals.

garyd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
idaho
Thanks man. I think I saw that same classy post for the kick and was gonna get it. But I already have a vamo lol. Gonna just try the SB and 3.7 and see how it is. What part of Idaho are you in by the way?

I'm in Post Falls. Try using 1.5 ohm heads for the best experience imo. I've got a vamo also.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
This is the reason I bought this. I just got the aga t+ and love it. Tanks are on the sidelines for awhile now lol.
Yeah, my cartotanks were on the sideline for a few days, too. However, perhaps because my experience with cartotanks is longer and more familiar, they are a more dependable setup than my AGA's.

When the rebuildables are working right, they are superior to a cartotank. So far I have found their performance to be inconsistant, though. This could be from my own inexperience with them, as I have used them for less than a month. They'll be working great and then out of nowhere the vape will change. I'll check and the ohm has changed by a full 1.0 ohm. Without going into detail here, I'm still troubleshooting what can cause this.

Having said all of the above, I still prefer using my rebuildables on my Provari over my Silver Bullet because I still like adjusting the voltage to my particular flavor being vaped.

SoberSnyper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
Maurice, La.
Yeah, my cartotanks were on the sideline for a few days, too. However, perhaps because my experience with cartotanks is longer and more familiar, they are a more dependable setup than my AGA's.

When the rebuildables are working right, they are superior to a cartotank. So far I have found their performance to be inconsistant, though. This could be from my own inexperience with them, as I have used them for less than a month. They'll be working great and then out of nowhere the vape will change. I'll check and the ohm has changed by a full 1.0 ohm. Without going into detail here, I'm still troubleshooting what can cause this.

Having said all of the above, I still prefer using my rebuildables on my Provari over my Silver Bullet because I still like adjusting the voltage to my particular flavor being vaped.

Get the kick and your problem is solved.

Oaken007

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2012
Coral Springs, FL
Well thanks, it came with an AW 18650 and 4 of the tenergy 123 batteries for 6 volt vaping I presume, so you wouldn't recommend stacking the tenergy batteries?

Can anybody answer this question? (I didn't see the answer)

I also use two stacked 123s at 3.0v each. AltSmoke specifically states NOT to use them. I haven't had any problems??

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
Yo, just got the Bullet, electric blue/black button. Got it off the classifieds. Been using a provari, vamo and ss vv 350. Actually the cheap vv 350 is my favorite device now, go figure, the provari is pretty good too (lol). Anyway I've always wanted one, hope it meets my expectations. I know it will last, any advice on batteries, heads and care?
Garyd, its funny I am feeling the same. I have many rigs all configurations and pick up the vv350 and bam, works like a champ. Lmao!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread