Help! My new VAMO won't fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobInSD

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2013
San Diego
I got my new VAMO a few days ago, and had to wait on the batteries, which came today.

Popped a battery in, clicked 5 times, and the unit powered up. Yea!
Was able to set RMS, change to Watts, and set it to 6W, for my first mod vape. Yea!
Screwed on and eVod, pushed the fire button... nuthin'
Screwed on a 510LR carto, pushed the fire button... nuthin'
Unscrewed carto, then battery... repeated above.
Same. NOT Yea...

voltage check on Vamo reads 4.1
510 connector looks fine.

Sigh...

Is it the VAMO, or do my cheap Ultrafire batteries not work with this? They (both) DO read 4.1v before I attach anything.

batteries are Ultrafire BRC 18650. They SAY 4000mAh.

So sad. Back to the Twist, to vape away the blues.

:grr:

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
4000mAh batteries????? I don't think so... Looks more like it's a battery issue to me. you need unprotected Hi-Drain batteries.
Also, Click and hold the button on the right until it displays the ohms of the carto/evod. This might help to tell if it's actually connecting. It should read the ohms or.. 9.9 with means either the attached item is not connected properly in some way, or there is another issue (I think battery..)

BobInSD

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2013
San Diego
4000mAh batteries????? I don't think so... Looks more like it's a battery issue to me. you need unprotected Hi-Drain batteries.
Also, Click and hold the button on the right until it displays the ohms of the carto/evod. This might help to tell if it's actually connecting. It should read the ohms or.. 9.9 with means either the attached item is not connected properly in some way, or there is another issue (I think battery..)

As long as I don't hit the fire button, the Vamo does everything, including Ohms check.

Goog thing I have Panasonics on the way... from China... eventually.

SupplyDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Most, if not all of these batteries should work with your vamo
18650 Batteries

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to disagree and to tell you All the hazards of batteries. I use 1 and 4 on the list

18650 3100mAh Panasonic Industrial Li-ion Battery Cell NCR18650A
- See more at: 18650 Batteries

High Drain Panasonic CGR18650CH 10A 18650 Rechargeable Battery Cell IMR
- See more at: 18650 Batteries

SupplyDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Some PVs DO use protected. The Vamo does not. It has circuit protection built in just like eVic, eGo-T Upgrade Mods. You may get away with using one as long as it's a quality battery though. The batteries you are having issues with were never designed for the power needs of Vaping...

Disconnect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Washington DC
Since the batteries are PantsOnFire branded, we already know they aren't what it says on the packaging. (Nobody makes a 4000mah high-drain 18650.. doesn't exist..) On top of that, quite a few testers have shown that the protection kicks in very low, sometimes as little as half of the rated power. It works to run the electronics, but as soon as the load kicks in the protection turns the whole thing off.

I may be having deja-vu, but I'm pretty sure the OP has already been told that a.) the mAh do not even go that high, and b.)they are more than likely rebranded and who knows what...
Some things in this hobby you kind of want to pay more for/not skimp on.
Good luck on those new batts. man. That VAMO is a great device.

Last edited:

BobInSD

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2013
San Diego
You're all right. I should have read more, and not been cheap.

Proper IMR 18350 and universal charger should be on doorstep in the next hour; and I'll wait on my Panasonic 18650 to arrive from China.

The cheap batts will be PIFed to friend, who can use them in flashlight.

Once I'm one of the Mod Squad, I'll PIF a couple of my eGo 650s; then my karma will be restored.

hellcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
GA
I just got my vamo today and tried to throw my ultrafire 18650 3.7v 2600mah in there and I get nothing whatsoever, screen won't light up at all. crossing my fingers that the trustfires that I ordered work. That is if they ever get here. I ordered directly from Trustfire and I got an email stating that there would be a 2 week delay before they ship do to issues they are having with customs. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread