An Affordable RBA 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I have learned some lessons from the first atomizer I modded I got it right this time . This atomizer is user friendly .The internal base is ceramic I love this because the coil can touch the base and not cause a short and it makes wetting the coil easy . Your opinions are welcome I just ordered the parts to make these I think this one is a winner . This is a modified dripping atomizer not my own creation

http://
003-10_zpsbbdc53a0.jpg

0132_zpsc3a8dc98.jpg

005-12_zpsaa237e10.jpg

007-11_zps7261dd44.jpg

Last edited:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Which REOs will it fit? All of them? (Dreaming.) I'm definitely in line for one. You have any idea how long it will be before you have these put together and available? Looks great....I like the Phillips head screws; can't beat that.
I asked my self the same ? tonight . I milled these down to fit the grand the mini 2.1 and the vv grand I will see if I can make it work with the 2.0 as well .
I would say 3 weeks would be the earliest . Yes these screws are fillips and large enough people wont have a problem with them . The only down side to the atty will be attaching the coil the posts are not tall . I find using longer tails makes it fairly simple

Last edited:

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
I'm of the opinion that I want one! HA!

Besides the ceramic base, near the bottom on the outside before the final threading the brown/chrome/bronze colored part looks "tapered." Does that mean it will behave more like the cherished "Chalice" and feed out and drain back in a bit differently than the Reomizer 1.0? And will it not need the rubber 0-rings?

Please add me to the "pre-order" list!

HA!

Norman

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I'm of the opinion that I want one! HA!

Besides the ceramic base, near the bottom on the outside before the final threading the brown/chrome/bronze colored part looks "tapered." Does that mean it will behave more like the cherished "Chalice" and feed out and drain back in a bit differently than the Reomizer 1.0? And will it not need the rubber 0-rings?

Please add me to the "pre-order" list!

HA!

Norman
I use o rings on all the rbas I use . The reason the reomizer leaks is the cap threads not the base . This atomizer has a bowl and it has more threading so leaking is not a issue . As far as how it vapes no different then a chalice or a era or a reomiser they all vape the same in my opinion .You hear people raving about how great this atomizer is over that atomizer take my word for it they all vape alike . If they both have the same coil and wick and the air inlet is the same they will vape the same

Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I'm ready. I'm excited. I don't think we'll have much trouble connecting the coil to the posts....but if we do, we'll figure it out. I like the fact that it has a bowl.....that's the thing that makes me like the Chalice over some of the others. Can't wait.

Thanks for not giving up on the quest for another RBA for us, Rob. I know you have a lot on your plate right now and this just makes the pile higher. :)

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
I like the way the Reomizer vapes and with the right o-ring setup, I do not have much leaking either. My only knock on it the how fragile the posts are on it. The bowl and placement of the juice hole are nice on this. Is the post design different where it will be a little sturdier for times I forget and try to unscrew it by the posts?

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
I like the fact that it has a bowl.....that's the thing that makes me like the Chalice over some of the others. Can't wait.
:)

Yeah; that's what I was trying to ask. I just didin't use the correct terminology. The "bowl" is what I saw that looked different (besides the ceramic base and perhaps the posts being more to one side, or perhaps that's an optical illusion in the first picture?)

Thanks Robert,

Norman

whatitstrue

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Phoenix, AZ.
I use o rings on all the rbas I use . The reason the reomizer leaks is the cap threads not the base . This atomizer has a bowl and it has more threading so leaking is not a issue .

Now you got me interested. :) That was my main issue with the original REOmizer.

Looking forward to more updates!! :thumbs:

Birchi

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
SE Virginia
Awesome! I will be pulling the trigger on one of your mods in the next week or two (still deciding between a mini 2.1 and a Grand). This atty looks awesome on the REO, I'd like to see a pic of it on a mini, just for comparison. I like that the ceramic cup will reduce the chance of shorting, great addition.

I might wait until you have these ready to place my order.. its gonna be tough :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread