7 different E-juice vendor review - I did the work so you don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RottenJeeves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
St Paul, Minnesota
Hey guys and gals,
I was doing to thinking here this morning and decided to share my experience with all the different vendors I have tried and how I rate their products. I promise to do my best to keep this interesting and with half-way readable. I am not going to comment too much on pricing or flavours unless note worthy.

My Setup:

Stainless steel Vamo
. Boge carto 2.0/3.0. VV tank.

------------

Copper Creek:

Shipping:
Fast. Did not keep me waiting.
Customer Service: Good, included a 5ml free sample, I also liked that the owner himself commented on my post about his products.
Products: Good to Excellent. Seemed to be of high quality and I really enjoyed the flavours I ordered. Got even better with steeping. Came in glass bottles with droppers. (selectable option)
Juices: House blend, Blueberry, Pumpkin Pie, & 5ml danish sample. All 12mg 60pg/40vg
Other comments: Overall a really great vendor that I would order from again. The pumpkin pie really knocked my socks off.

Heather Heavenly Vapes:

Shipping: Moderate. You do have to wait about a 5-7 days for them to make your order before it ships.
Customer Service: Average. No complaints but nothing amazing. No free samples included.
Products: Good to moderate. I find that most of what I order had to be steeped but once it did it really was excellent. I like that they offer a sample pack. Plastic bottles.
Juices: Legend (gandalf), Double D Watermellon, Waffles (extra butter and maple syrup). I ordered three sample packs from them but this is mainly what I vape from them. 12mg 70pg/30vg.
Other Comments: This was the first vendor I ordered from and I still find myself browsing and drooling as I browse their catalogue.

Ahlusion:

Shipping: Slow. I had to wait over a month to get my order.
Customer Service: Poor. First of all I will say that their site mentions that you should contact them before you place your first order for suggestions and help. I did that twice with no response. Their site also mentions 3-5 business day processing, then why did it take a month to get to me. Furthermore I contacted Alhusion about my order and again received no response. Lastly, their store closes so if you want to order something after you get off work you better forget about it. I did like how they let you pick your free sample but otherwise poor experience with Ahlusion.
Products: Good to moderate. flavours needed steeping to actually have any taste. I liked how customisable their juices are. Plastic bottles.
Juices: Tarte Tatin (sweetened Apple), Vurly, Chai Latte, Wipeout honeydew.(breeze). 12mg 70pg/30vg.
Other Comments: It is too bad that I has such a bad experience with Ahlusion. I really enjoyed their flavors with the exception of Vurly which is the worst flavour I have ever tasted. They also seemed to be kinda of expensive for what I got. I would not recommend Ahlusion or be ordering from them again.

Mt Baker Vapor:

Shipping: Lightning. I placed an order on Thursday and got it by Saturday.
Customer Service: Excellent. Their site has an option to speak to a live representative The person I spoke to was very helpful and pointed me in the right direction and then offered me a discount on my order. Loved the 15ml free sample. Really awesome!
Products: Moderate to Good. I felt that some of their flavours seemed a little cheap, but on the other side some of their flavours seems of very nice quality. Some flavours needed heavy steeping for sure. Overall I was happy with their juices even if I felt like some vendors had a better quality juice.
Juices: Moo Juice, Hawk Sauce, Extreme Ice, Banana nut bread, Cinnamon Roll, Grappler, Butterscotch, Solar Flare, Ecto Cooler.
Other Comments: Great vendor, very impressed, and definitely the best vendor as far as a business model that I have seen. You cant beat their prices.

Alien Visions E-juice:

Shipping: Moderate. Not lightning fast but didn't keep me waiting.
Customer Service. Moderate. No negatives but no positives. No free sample included.
Products. Good to moderate. I did not like how you cant customise your juice to your liking. They had predetermined pg and vg levels. The stickers on the bottles seems really really cheap. One label even fell off. Needed lots of steeping to be decent.
Juices. Bees Knees, Boba's Bounty, Hype.
Other Comments: I was not blown away by AVE, I felt like I spent a lot of money of a whole lot of nothing special. Not saying at all that they are crap, but nothing special here. Boba's bounty sure didn't live up to the hype it received either.

Backwoods Brew:

Shipping: Moderate. Did not keep me waiting but wished it would of been a little faster.
Customer Service: No complaints, nothing supernatural. No free sample included
Products: Moderate to poor. Was not impressed with this vendors juices. They tasted really cheap like something I got at the gas station for 2 dollars. Not able to customise pg/vg rating. There was a quite a little hype about this vendor and just don't see it. Plastic bottles.
Juices: Malty Toffee, 555 Exotic, Casablanca. 12mg pg/vg unknown.
Other Comments: As I stated I was not really too impressed with their products, I remember feeling pretty disappointed.

Alice in Vapeland:

Shipping. Slow. Took about 3 weeks to get my order.
Customer Service: moderate to good. No complaints. Lots of nice touches on their packaging. Their site mentions 10-12 days to process, which is about right. Kind of a buzz kill having to wait so long.
Products: Good to Excellent. Lots of nice touches here as I mentioned. The packaging includes nice some artwork and the bottles have some nice trinkets to make them look nice. The flavours never felt cheap or gimmicky. Overall some nice quality products here. Nice glass bottles (selectable option).
Juices: Cherry blossom tea. A little of everything sample pack. 11mg pg/vg unknown. Cherry blossom tea is the other one I liked out of all their juices. Too sickeningly sweet or has no flavuor at all.
Other comments: No real complaints here other then it takes a really long time to get your stuff. Really like the extra little things that make you feel like they took the time to make your juicy just for you.

Winner?

Two-way tie: Copper Creek, Mt Baker Vapor.

Why? Mt baker offers decent product for very reasonable and lightning fast shipping. If I have 20 dollars burning a hole in my pocket and I want to stock up. Mt baker all day long. However; If I want a really nice quality product that doesnt take an eternity to ship and for a reasonable price. Copper creek all day long.
In a nut shell Copper creek and Mt Baker Vapor just offers the best quality product and service for my cash. So how can I choose? I Dont! I choose both.
Who is your favorite?

Thanks so much for you time guys, hope you enjoyed my review.

-RottenJeeves.

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
Boba's Bounty no worries.... you'll be back it always happens :D

I order from Alhusions just last week and if takes them a month to get my juice I will not be happy and put a chargeback on them faster then they can say shipped, there is no reason for a juice to take that long if that is the case they need to have free shipping..these vendors try to sell juice at a huge rate with out trying to hire people and the customers have to suffer, its dumb and happens all the time...I order from Europe all the time and it takes 2 weeks.... 3-4 weeks with in the USA is just crazy and no excuse..:blink:.

Last edited:

GregoTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lewisville, TX
Good review, thanks. I ordered from CC, BWB and HHV. It's still steeping but I concur with your take on shipping. Did not need to engage customer service with any of them. I liked the freebie from CC, it was a nice touch. I'd recommend trying a bottle or two from DFW Vapor. They have lightning shipping, great service and (I think) their juices are good. Lots of all day vapes and massive selection.

GregoTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lewisville, TX
this is why they always say "taste is subjective". great reviews, but why would you base whether they sent you a free sample or not on anything? i don't get that. a free sample isn't something somebody should expect or assume. it is what it is...a free sample.

I thought it was a nice touch, I didn't expect it or know they'd send it when I ordered...but I appreciated it. Seems like it might be a good way for the vendor to get more business too. I gave mine to a friend that loved it and will be ordering more from them.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Thanks for putting this together! It's refreshing to see a review of the vendor as a whole as opposed to just the subjective flavor element. I avoid juices that have lots of hype and a high price tag as I wouldn't want to spend over $20 on a 30ml bottle and be disappointed, let alone loving it and having to spend that much repeatedly. That said Halo liquids (on sale when available) have always arrived quickly with excellent packaging and a sample. The glass droppers marked in .25ml increments are handy also.

RottenJeeves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
St Paul, Minnesota
this is why they always say "taste is subjective". great reviews, but why would you base whether they sent you a free sample or not on anything? i don't get that. a free sample isn't something somebody should expect or assume. it is what it is...a free sample.

I think a free sample is a really nice way for a vendor to say; "hey thanks so much, we appreciate you business". It does not take away from a vendor if they dont include it but I think it sure does add a smile to my face. Therefore I think its worth mentioning.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments I hope to update and add vendors accordingly.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

Because it actually does matter. The Vapor Room not only includes a free sample in every order, but a first time customer gets a second 15 ml free sample as well. If you are on the fence abut trying a new liquids supplier, adding two extra samples in to a first time order not only gets you more flavors to try out it also gets you a lot more liquid for your vaping dollar. It's both relevant to a review and to making a purchase decision.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I'm glad you mentioned whether they gave free samples or not. Who doesn't love free stuff? And honestly, at times where I was choosing between one vendor or another and knew nothing about the quality, knowing they gave a free item was the deciding factor or certainly influenced my decision.
One of the reasons I keep going back to Wizard Labs is because when I buy my flavorings from them, they always include an extra flavoring. It's smaller than full size but I couldn't care less. It showed thought and it's great marketing.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Free samples or lack of?

Shipping times relevant.... yes

Samples benefits the vendor immensely.

there have been many times I thought about placing orders and didn't because of being unsure if I would like something. If I get a sample with my order, and it's to my liking, they will get a 30ml order from me right afterward.

I dunno why vendors don't see this. I have always wanted to try AVE flue cured, but keep ordering bobas bounty since i KNOW I like it. I can't afford to have bottles of juice sitting around that I will hate.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
i knew i was gonna get it for asking about the free sample criteria. i know it's nice to get free stuff. it's great. even if it's one of those fruty or strange flavors that i'd never vape, it's nice to open a package and go, "oh-cool! freebie!". it's really a nice gesture, but i don't think it should be required, definitely not expected, and i just don' think it should be part of a review criteria. i do love your reviews, however- i think that in spite of the fact that i may not agree with your opinions, they are thorough, well thought out, nicely formatted, and intelligently written. it's great to compare notes on vendors, and since taste is an individual thing, it's interesting to get somebody's honest, flat out opinion on the quality of service, time of shipment, and of course, the juice itself. free samples are great-i just don't think it should be counted towards a vendor's overall review. everybody loves to get free stuff, but again, nobody should expect it or feel entitled to it.
not only that, if i don't like the juice i bought, chances are i'm not going to enjoy the free 3ml bottle of Smurf Sweat you threw in my delivery envelope either. i usually give them away to people if i think they might like it.

RottenJeeves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
St Paul, Minnesota
i knew i was gonna get it for asking about the free sample criteria. i know it's nice to get free stuff. it's great. even if it's one of those fruty or strange flavors that i'd never vape, it's nice to open a package and go, "oh-cool! freebie!". it's really a nice gesture, but i don't think it should be required, definitely not expected, and i just don' think it should be part of a review criteria. i do love your reviews, however- i think that in spite of the fact that i may not agree with your opinions, they are thorough, well thought out, nicely formatted, and intelligently written. it's great to compare notes on vendors, and since taste is an individual thing, it's interesting to get somebody's honest, flat out opinion on the quality of service, time of shipment, and of course, the juice itself. free samples are great-i just don't think it should be counted towards a vendor's overall review. everybody loves to get free stuff, but again, nobody should expect it or feel entitled to it.
not only that, if i don't like the juice i bought, chances are i'm not going to enjoy the free 3ml bottle of Smurf Sweat you threw in my delivery envelope either. i usually give them away to people if i think they might like it.

Your really gonna get it now sgenn99. :D Im kidding.

The bottom line here my friend is that if you were on the fence about 2 vendors are really wanted to try you are more then likely going to pick the vendor that offers something extra to the one that doesn't. No where in my review did I say that I expected it. We live in a world with dozens of top juice vendors to pick from. If a vendor wants to be successful they need to set themselves apart. Free samples, and little extra things like AiV does is huge in my opinion. We can beat this dead horse all day long but I think most will agree that free samples are worth mentioning.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
lol-i know what you're saying. free stuff is great. but i personally don't ever expect anything more from juice vendors other than what i'm ordering, in a timely manner, and for the product to be as described, and hopefully good. while i do agree that it's worth mentioning that you did get a free sample or something extra, i don't think it's necessary to mention you didn't when you don't. but whatever...it's not worth round robinning this topic anymore. i did enjoy your reviews-very detailed and honest.

Your really gonna get it now sgenn99. :D Im kidding.

The bottom line here my friend is that if you were on the fence about 2 vendors are really wanted to try you are more then likely going to pick the vendor that offers something extra to the one that doesn't. No where in my review did I say that I expected it. We live in a world with dozens of top juice vendors to pick from. If a vendor wants to be successful they need to set themselves apart. Free samples, and little extra things like AiV does is huge in my opinion. We can beat this dead horse all day long but I think most will agree that free samples are worth mentioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread