Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Your choice in cartomizers will be primarily between Boge and Smoktech, unless you have an inside to Ikenvape availability and a quick trigger finger.

The filler densities between Boge and Smoktech differ. Boge's is denser, which makes them slower to absorb e-liquid than the less densely packed Smoktech's. However, Smoktech's may be easier to flood for this reason. More pre-punched cartos are available from online vendors for the longer cartotanks (which are also more common) than the standard size tanks, so that might play a part in your choice of tank length when choosing between standard and XL length tanks.

tank lengths.jpg

I would stay away from the cheaper tanks less than $20 because of lesser quality of parts and poorer fitting o-rings. Just my opinion from experience.

I recommend either the polypropylene tank kit from My Vapor Store 510 Pro DCTank Combo

or the pyrex tanks from IBTanked IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!

or Phiniac Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks

Much information on cartomizers, cartotank setup, vendors that sell pre-punched cartomizers, and what resistance cartomizer to use on your battery can be found in my blog, accessed by clicking the link under my avatar.

You can also do a Google Image search for eVic and cartotanks to get an idea what particular tanks will look like on one: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1152&bih=749&q=evic+and+cartotank&oq=evic+and+cartotank&gs_l=img.12...1221.5226.0.7232.18.7.0.11.11.0.128.611.6j1.7.0...0.0...1ac.1.7.img.A__wKKFfGR0#hl=en&safe=off&site=imghp&tbm=isch&q=evic+and+carto+tank&spell=1&sa=X&ei=xOxNUZ_QE5e84AO6-YFA&ved=0CFIQBSgA&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44158598,d.dmg&fp=b1b121eb17ba72b5&biw=1152&bih=749

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thank you for the info. Does it just take a standard 510 tank?

Your question doesn't make sense as asked. I don't know what you mean by "standard 510 tank". The evic has a standard 510 connector on top for juice delivery devices.

If you meant to say does it just take a standard 510-connector cartomizer, then yes. As long as you use the appropriate length cartomizer (standard 35mm length vs XL 45mm length cartomizer) in the appropriate length tank (standard vs XL), as displayed in the above graphic I showed.

If this is not what you meant, please explain better in more detail and I will try to help.

Last edited:

Ashtonsmommy1209

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2013
Silverdale, WA
www.facebook.com
Your question doesn't make sense as asked. I don't know what you mean by "standard 510 tank". The evic has a standard 510 connector on top for juice delivery devices.

If you meant to say does it just take a standard 510-connector cartomizer, then yes. As long as you use the appropriate length cartomizer (standard 35mm length vs XL 45mm length cartomizer) in the appropriate length tank (standard vs XL), as displayed in the above graphic I showed.

If this is not what you meant, please explain better in more detail and I will try to help.

To clarify, I just meant will a 510 tank work with the eVic?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Ashtonsmommy1209 said:
To clarify, I just meant will a 510 tank work with the eVic?

the tanks arent what have the thread on them unless its a genesis. the evic has a 510 connection so your atty or carto needs to be 510. boges will work

:thumb: What the brassmonkey said.

It's actually the cartomizer that screws into the Evic's connector pin, not the tank itself. The cartomizer fits into the tank. Both the Evic and cartomizers use a 510 threading.

Tank-Structure.jpg tank lengths.jpg

And as my above diagram showed in my first post, you can use either Boge or Ikenvape standard length cartos in a standard length tank, or Boge XL, Smoktech, or Ikenvape Mega cartos in an XL length tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread