Weird problem with Joyetech ego Mega 900mah batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revealed

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Orange County, CA
So my wife and I have been using these Joyetech ego Mega 900mah batteries since we got them on Jan 31. Starting today, they both started acting really weird. They stopped working with the three vision mini novas that we had with us. So we get home and I try a fourth mini nova that was sitting on my desk and lo and behold, it works on both of the batteries. So then I try the other three mini novas on them. Well the weirder thing is that one of the original three mini novas work on one battery, while the other two still won't. On the other battery, none of the original three mini novas work. I tested all all them on my multimeter and they are fine, within a normal range of ohm's. When I try using them no my eGo-C Twist, all four mini novas work fine. ...?! Oh and just for good measure I tried LR boge cartos on these batteries, and they work fine. ...?! Anyone have any suggestions? I read that sometimes recharging the batteries might "reset" them and I also read that sometimes pushing the button 10 times rapidly might work. No such luck.

Revealed

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Orange County, CA
Chances are the vivi novas are missing the connection. Sometimes you have to elevate the center post on either the clearo or the batt - better to do it on the clearo. Take a tooth pick and tease the center post up easily... then retry.... If that doesn't work, try it with the batt - again, easy does it.

I've tried raising the connection on the battery, but that didn't work. I also didn't want to mess with the battery end of it too much... How do I move the connector on the mini nova though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread