Status
Not open for further replies.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
had my protank for a few days now. absolutely love it, havent put it down, until today

all day my protank has been flooding, causing extreme leaking, gurgling, lack of vapor, juice splashing in my mouth, harsh flavor etc. i tried emptying the thing out and refilling it twice, letting it sit, taking slower draws, faster draws, higher voltage, lower voltage, blowing juice out the head, etc.

the only solution that temporarily fixed the problem was blowing the excess juice out. when i did so a shockingly large amount of juice would come out. ive gone through 3 tanks today because of this, and most of it ended up on my evic and my fingers (messy cleanup)

is anyone else having this problem or found a solution? if not, i might have to take it out of my rotation until this problem is fixable:mad:

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
can't help ya there but i'll just say on the 5th day of non-stop use mine lost all flavor...nothing fixed it except replacing the head but now i'm getting occasional burnt taste / dry hits...idk what the deal is.

with the way mine is leaking i wish i could even achieve a dry hit:closedeyes: looks like we shoulda waited until kanger worked out the bugs instead of leaping in on day 1

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I'm not loving mine as much as I thought I would - hoped I would. My biggest problem is that it keeps getting cold. I know that sounds weird, but the glass is so thick that it's staying cold to the point that the coil can't get hot enough to vaporize the liquid. I'm getting gurgling from the Protank as well, which I think is due to it being cold. Mine doesn't seem to like being on an angle either. I don't mean lying sideways, I mean like 40 degrees. I was leaning it in my lap, trying to keep it warm, and when I went to take a drag it was leaking out of the bottom. Screw off, blot, vape - no problem until I put it in my lap again (which I have to do because it's too cold on my desk), then it leaked again. I soooo want to love this thing. I like it, but I'm not loving it.

ETA: My glass carto tanks get cold too, but the glass is thinner and perhaps due to the carto going up the center it gets warmer faster.

Last edited:

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
You probably need to clean and dry burn the coil when gunk builds up on them they don't effectively heat the juice fast enough to vaporize it so it sits in the base and gurgles and leaks.

last time i tried to dry burn it, i got an extremely burnt tasting head that wouldnt unburn

also, i dont feel as if their even should be enough gunk on the coil after just a few days. and if there is, that ruins the whole convenience facter over cartos. id rather prime a carto once a month than clean this thing every 3-4 days

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
I'm not loving mine as much as I thought I would - hoped I would. My biggest problem is that it keeps getting cold. I know that sounds weird, but the glass is so thick that it's staying cold to the point that the coil can't get hot enough to vaporize the liquid. I'm getting gurgling from the Protank as well, which I think is due to it being cold. Mine doesn't seem to like being on an angle either. I don't mean lying sideways, I mean like 40 degrees. I was leaning it in my lap, trying to keep it warm, and when I went to take a drag it was leaking out of the bottom. Screw off, blot, vape - no problem until I put it in my lap again (which I have to do because it's too cold on my desk), then it leaked again. I soooo want to love this thing. I like it, but I'm not loving it.

ETA: My glass carto tanks get cold too, but the glass is thinner and perhaps due to the carto going up the center it gets warmer faster.

yea i read the post you made about that on here somewhere. really unfortunate that your house is causing you to lose enjoyment in your protank. i guess vaping satisfaction doesnt quite justify moving to a new house :p

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
update: just cleaned every square millimeter of my protank, blew out juice, dry burned, dried out, refilled, then screwed my protank back on. its been working fine for about 20 minutes now. new record for the day! i also took the sculpey out of one of the holes i plugged thanks to a suggestion by ocelot, so that might have something to do with it. only time will tell if this love/hate device will keep working now

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I removed some of the Sculpey too, I was thinking more air might help - I don't know. It's warm now, so it's working fine; airy, but fine.

I don't like having to hold it until it's warm. I don't have time for a needy tank that gets fussy if I don't pay attention to it.
Cry2.gif

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I still don't have one of these so feel free to disregard what I have to say, but I kind of figured these would have the same flaws as the T3. It's basically the same design. My T3s with the stock wick last a few days before they start leaking, usually. Only solution I've found is to re-wick them with cotton, I do one wick in the coil and one loose wick on top, just enough to fill the hole and not choke it(or it will dry out and burn). Using that method I just re-wick once a week. My T3s work beautifully this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread