Not open for further replies.

Kursha

Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
fort worth. texas
Here is what I just read from Gotvapes

GotVapes · 744 like this
19 hours ago · ..

Kanger protank was halted, first batch had issues and that should be known already by the community im sure, we spoke to kanger and they had some issues with the glass connection but they have solved the issues and will start production soon. We will keep you informed and will only sell them when they are ready

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
There was a problem with some of the glass threads to the top cap that caused them to leak...They identfied the problem at Kanger and corrected it and new ones should be around the week of the 25th...or so I have read...

I didn't have that problem, but sadly, I'm not loving it as much as I hoped too :(

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Hmm, will be interesting to see if the German vendor I ordered from, will be sending one of these first, faulty ones or what, since they were pretty much the first European vendor I saw who had them in stock...

Sun-Vapers, the first company to have them in stock, addressed the leaking issue in a blog. They said out of the initial 400, they only got 9 reports of leaking, so you may not have a problem.

LazyBulldogge

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2013
Kalundborg, Denmark
Sun-Vapers, the first company to have them in stock, addressed the leaking issue in a blog. They said out of the initial 400, they only got 9 reports of leaking, so you may not have a problem.

Ah okay, read it as if it was a general problem, which confused me, as this was the first time I read anything about it on these forums :) Thanks for the info :)

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
I pre-ordered based on the FEATURED March 15th ship date. Ordered 2 and enough other stuff to get free shipping. Now customer service is telling me April...

Solid start on"B to C" service Kanger....

Then I get to watch people who didn't pre-order anything enjoy theirs from a US vendor...

Happy for them just annoyed...I shouldn't have clicked on this thread....:)

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Do you have an EVOD?

Have you tried sealing the two inlet holes just leaving the center hole open?
I remember you saying it's too airy...

I don't have an EVOD; because of the vapes I like I mostly use glass. The airiness isn't the biggest problem I've had. You may have read my posts about not being able to keep it warm enough to perform consistently. That has turned out to be a major issue for me (although other people may not experience it). I had to open up the air holes again, because with the liquid not vaporizing, I'm getting liquid in my mouth when the draw is tighter. I much prefer my carto tanks.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
I don't have an EVOD; because of the vapes I like I mostly use glass. The airiness isn't the biggest problem I've had. You may have read my posts about not being able to keep it warm enough to perform consistently. That has turned out to be a major issue for me (although other people may not experience it). I had to open up the air holes again, because with the liquid not vaporizing, I'm getting liquid in my mouth when the draw is tighter. I much prefer my carto tanks.

Hmmrff... sounds flooded. Is your liquid of choice on the thin side?

I know with my EVOD I actually had to add wick for some thin liquid. Otherwise it vaped like I had just soaked it in water...

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Hmmrff... sounds flooded. Is your liquid of choice on the thin side?

I know with my EVOD I actually had to add wick for some thin liquid. Otherwise it vaped like I had just soaked it in water...

Oh yes, it is flooding. It also doesn't like being ignored when I get distracted and leave it in my lap. 40 degrees appears to be too much of an angle for it to deal with. I'm sure I can get it working, if I get motivated to try. I have plenty of other things that work perfectly well. I wanted to get a Protank because I thought it would be easy to use, but at this point it seems so needy, I half expect it to want to talk about our relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread