Out of stock out of stockOUTOFSTOCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyVapper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
FPO AP
Aaarrrggghhuuaaaa!!! At this point I'm pretty much just venting. Everything I want or need is out of stock, and my list is getting longer.

Whats the real issue? Is it really supply/demand? Or are vendors afraid of impending FDA doom/stocking up only to have their stores swept by the FDA? How long will this "draught" last?

Blurgas

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2012
Many speculate it is due to the Chinese (New Year?) During the holiday, most, if not all, Chinese factories closed down to celebrate.
This. It's been driving me nuts because I have to scrounge to find anyone who has actual vivi nova heads in stock(found a site, but gotta wait til I can afford it)

charmschool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
North Georgia
I think we're in one of those "perfect storm" situations. The more of us that vape, the more the word is spread, so our numbers grow daily. US vendors have yet to completely stay in front of the growing market. Then, our New Year brings the inevitable rush of resolutions, so the vaping community tends to surge this time of year. The Chinese New Year shuts down manufacturing for two weeks during our biggest surge, so backlogs build. When they do get up & running again, customs & delivery chains get bogged down by the volume. All this happens pretty much every year. On top of that, this year we have the added pressure of the FDA doomsday preppers & their stockpiling, so it's going to take even longer for supplies to catch up to demand. It's an aggravating time to vape, for sure!

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
I am tired of hearing about the Chinese New Year, while I don't live in China, I am sure they have a New Year every year. Vendors should know about the Chinese New Year by now, no way should a business allow themselves to run completely out of product for weeks on end.

The FDA scare has led to panic buying, new vapors has increased demand, add to that poor planning by vendors and we are stuck looking all over the place for even the simplest items. I can understand the new items being somewhat hard to get, when a vendor gets them they sell out very quickly. Having problems finding simple items, though is ridiculous.

charmschool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
North Georgia
I am tired of hearing about the Chinese New Year, while I don't live in China, I am sure they have a New Year every year. Vendors should know about the Chinese New Year by now, no way should a business allow themselves to run completely out of product for weeks on end.

The FDA scare has led to panic buying, new vapors has increased demand, add to that poor planning by vendors and we are stuck looking all over the place for even the simplest items. I can understand the new items being somewhat hard to get, when a vendor gets them they sell out very quickly. Having problems finding simple items, though is ridiculous.

I agree, but I forgot to add that the vendors also have to be affected by the FDA scare. Most are small ops, funded with personal cash. Can you imagine how terrifying it would be to tie up your money in equipment you might not be able to sell? They are shooting at a constantly moving target, and risk it disappearing completely. I'll be glad when all this is settled, in whatever way. It's the uncertainty that will continue to cause problems.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
I agree, but I forgot to add that the vendors also have to be affected by the FDA scare. Most are small ops, funded with personal cash. Can you imagine how terrifying it would be to tie up your money in equipment you might not be able to sell? They are shooting at a constantly moving target, and risk it disappearing completely. I'll be glad when all this is settled, in whatever way. It's the uncertainty that will continue to cause problems.

You have a very valid point about the personal cash. I just want to add a couple more 510 to ego adapters and large tank beauty rings, along with one more RBA, and I don't want to have to use two or three vendors to do it. Nothing fancy, just everyday stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread