EVOD problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

needa

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
hendersonville, tn
i dont know if i am screwing things in to tight or what... but i am having issues with my evods. one of them started gurgling half way through its first fill, and then i refilled and after a few hours it started leaking everywhere. the second one was working perfect. but refilled and after a few hours it started leaking like the other one.

when i was having the gurgling problem, i ran through a thread that i found through search and it said to fluff the wick.so i did that when i refilled. i fluffed both of them and now they are both leaking/gurgling/flooding. so i dunno if thats my problem of if i am screwing things on too tight.

how tight do the atom parts need to be?
how tight does the atom need to be screwed into the tank?
how tight does the clearo need to be?<-- i just noticed that there is a dealio in the battery that depresses. so now i know i dont have to screw the clearo all the way down.

what is the process for the wick? all i did was kinda lift up on both sides with my fingernail a few times.

is there anything i can get that will 'just work'? is there something i could buy that uses standard o-rings and such? i have coil wires poking through the cheap and crappy o-ring on my atomizer. that seems extremely foreign to me. how can it seal if it has wires poking through it?

i am too fidgety right now as i just started day three and the withdrawals are hitting me pretty hard. i will end up ripping this thing apart once i am calm again. but before i use my back up heads.... i would like to know what it is that i am doing wrong. please help.

gjshaw29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Hey there Needa, welcome to ecf. Sorry to hear you're having problems with your setup. I personally tried these and didn't really like them much after the first fill. Had the same experience you're having. I've used cartotanks for almost a year and have had basically no problems with them. Read bad's thread on tanks. And if ya got question feel free to ask. He's an expert at tanks :) Hope ya get setup and running with no problems soon.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tutorials/380462-carto-tank-setup.html

needa

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
hendersonville, tn
i kinda did that. i figured more heat would burn up the excess. ended up running them at 4.3 and things just kept getting worse. edit: not due to turning them up. just saying it didnt seem to help with as bad as it was leaking.

i just watched a rebuild video of the t3. i see that the place the wires come out of is not an o-ring now. i also see that the wicks play a huge role in holding back the gurgling and leaks.

Last edited:

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
Hey there Needa, welcome to ecf. Sorry to hear you're having problems with your setup. I personally tried these and didn't really like them much after the first fill. Had the same experience you're having. I've used cartotanks for almost a year and have had basically no problems with them. Read bad's thread on tanks. And if ya got question feel free to ask. He's an expert at tanks :) Hope ya get setup and running with no problems soon.

I was going to suggest the same thing. Abandon the EVOD and try a carto tank. I bought 5 EVODs at once since I had decent luck w/ the T3/MT3. All 5 of my EVODs leaked badly. Fortunately I was already into rebuilding my own wick/coil with cotton but then I discovered to joy of carto/carto tanks and have not touched a Vivi Nova or Kanger T3/MT3/EVOD since.

Sorry I know that doesnt answer your original question but I am still a little upset w/ the EVODs.

needa

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
hendersonville, tn

I was going to suggest the same thing. Abandon the EVOD and try a carto tank. I bought 5 EVODs at once since I had decent luck w/ the T3/MT3. All 5 of my EVODs leaked badly. Fortunately I was already into rebuilding my own wick/coil with cotton but then I discovered to joy of carto/carto tanks and have not touched a Vivi Nova or Kanger T3/MT3/EVOD since.

Sorry I know that doesnt answer your original question but I am still a little upset w/ the EVODs.

thank you both. this seems to be what i am wanting. regular o-rings. replaceable. fixable.

so now i am on to purchasing more stuff :( but i am totally jazzed about it at the same time. :unsure:

is that big daddy place the only place that carries the tool?

I was having the same problem and found that taking shorter softer puffs worked for me.

will try. but right now... my body and mind wants to hit it like a cigarette. so hard to control.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
How To: Fix your leaking Kanger T3! - YouTube
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...how-i-re-wick-my-t3s-cheesecloth-pictues.html

Assuming you don't have an air leak in the tank at the top, this is easily fixable. While you look at these links, take a small piece of cotton ball and after twisting into a wick like look, place on top of the existing wicks. Also be sure the coil assembly is screwed down tightly into the base, and didn't unsrew some when you tok it apart to fill.

First link is long, but the guy covers why and how to very well. The second link is an other how to that doesn't involve a complete rebuild showing one way to replace the stock silica wick with cotton.

Last edited:

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
I must be having exceptional luck with the EVODs. No leaking and minimal gurgling. They do make a hissing and crackling sound during normal use. The only time mine gurgle is when I've gotten some liquid in the center tube, or when the post on the atomizer is not tightened down securely. You can tell pretty easily that things are not tightened down by looking at whether there's a gap between the bottom assembly and the tank.

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
is that big daddy place the only place that carries the tool?

No. there are many places that sell the refiller drip tips. Here's one. I think they have free shipping too :)

DCT Refilling Drip Tip - Chrome

Pay no mind to that 2 star review. I think they were reviewing some other tank product and posted it on the drip tip instead by mistake.

gjshaw29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
Boise, Idaho
No. there are many places that sell the refiller drip tips. Here's one. I think they have free shipping too :)

DCT Refilling Drip Tip - Chrome

Pay no mind to that 2 star review. I think they were reviewing some other tank product and posted it on the drip tip instead by mistake.

I have that refill tool and I wouldn't recommend it. I'd get the slap yo mama tank tool. Seems to be the best one out there.

RaymondK

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
GTA, Canada
www.ezigcan.com
Hey Needa, everywhere carries tank. I have the same experience as you with my only EVOD. I have been lucky so far with the T3, no flooding and may got an odd burn taste at the beginning, and nothing afterwards. My new EVOD just gurgle and flood. I have tried to put the silicone upside down but not improved. Take the excessive wick out, and may be somewhat improve but flooding occurs as there is a big gap by removing excessive wick. Anyway you can try is to close down one of the air hole. The only thing for me is to change the heads when the shop gets them in and see what happens. I suspect is the heads itself.

Regarding tanks, you can get cheap ones like what BentWookie mentioned. Those U-DCT tanks are good and doesn't leak. I am actually using one right now with the same e-liquid on the EVOD. Just have to read up on the Cartos and how to prime it before usage.

Sighlense

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2013
Upstate New York
I must be having exceptional luck with the EVODs. No leaking and minimal gurgling. They do make a hissing and crackling sound during normal use. The only time mine gurgle is when I've gotten some liquid in the center tube, or when the post on the atomizer is not tightened down securely. You can tell pretty easily that things are not tightened down by looking at whether there's a gap between the bottom assembly and the tank.

^This^

Both times i experienced the gurgle symptoms the atomizer was loose and it had leaked fluid. Tightened it down and clean everything up and it hits like a freight train. I would suggest looking into what the above poster suggested before giving up. This is an excellent product IMO.

lladnar550

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
North Carolina

That has also been my experience. I Love my EVODs, and now my protank. Used the evods for several weeks with only 1 gurgle, and that was due to a loose atty. Then I tried a free sample of juice that I received from mt baker, and had quite a few gurgles, no leaking but several gurgles and fluid on my mod connector. Looked closely at the juice and noticed it was an 80/20 blend instead of my usual 50/50 blend. I have since tried several different blends, and found that anything with more than 65ish% pg tends to give me an occasional gurgle. I also found that if I use a near 100%vg juice I get the occasional dry hit if I don't remove one of the spare wicks. None of that really bothers me as almost all of the eliquid I buy or I make is 50/50, and gives me no issues on my evod, protank, or carto tanks.

Last week, just to test a theory, I added an extra wick to one of my evod coils, and loaded in some 80/20 liquid and had no gurgling.

You may just have bad luck. Between 3 people I know (me included) we have about13 EVOD BCC's. not a single problem out of any of them. Maybe it's just a bad batch you got or knock-off's?? (not sure if there are any of those out there). We have purchased ours from 3 different suppliers.

I will say that 4 of them did have some small leaking issues from the lower seal into the battery on the heads that came on the tanks, but after replacing them with a new head, none of them have had any more issues.

Seems like almost everyone I talk to is loving these. Are you sure it's a Kanger EVOD and not the Kanger T3 or MT3?? I know thoise have nothing but leaking problems and flooding problems. Have been through 3 of them. There is quite a bit of modding you can do to those to fix the problems but why bother when there is so much stuff out there that works properly out of the box.

Any ways, maybe try one from a different supplier, maybe you just got a bad one??

needa

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
hendersonville, tn
thank you for all of the replies.

yes. it is an evod. i doubt its a knockoff as i got them from myvaporstore and the vision spinners that came in the kit are definitely the real deal. hard shell and three days use out of both of them on first charge. and i always make sure my atomizers are tight. running 65/35 juices.

i took a toothpick and spread out the wicks on both of them. the black one is back to 'legit' status and the blue one started gurgling after a couple hours of sitting... again. so i am guessing when i messed with the wicks the first time i made it worse and i am going to swap out the blue atomizer and see if that fixes that one.

i think i am going to grab a couple of boge tanks for seven bucks, find some cartos, and see how that works out.

I've got five Evods and also have had no problems. One thing I would recommend however, is to store them "mouthpiece end down". rather than up since they might leak simply because of the way they are constructed. I love them.

I've left a few of mine standing up over night (atty down, mouth piece up) and have had no problems leaking/flooding. Usually they get laid on there side when not in use, I have a case for all my clearo's and that's usually where they end up.

Last edited:

needa

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
hendersonville, tn
i ordered 25 boge cartos last night for $24 and a couple of drip tips. im going to go all tanks and not worry about the leaks.

i replaced the head in my blue. its working great. and i can control the black one's gurg, pretty much, with some high voltage. but that high voltage is equating to numb tongue and the flavors are just running into each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread