Bulk PG/VG USP Pharmaceutical Grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlmanno

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I purchased a gallon of each almost 2 months ago. I keep it store in a cool dark place. told it should last min. 2 years depending on air exposure which may yellow the vg a little. It is as clear today as when I purchased it. It should keep a lot longer just keep switching it to sanitary smaller bottles to minimize air exposure as you consume it. I figure it'll last me more than a few years/

voidNIL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT
Agreed, they should definitely change that pic. I originally ordered the smallest amount I could as a test because I was worried about that yellow liquid in the picture. These days I order all my PG from them and I order it by the gallon. It is crystal clear. The 16oz bottle is a nice manageable size. I use the gallon jugs to refill my 16oz.

YKruss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Springfield, VA
PG nor VG will never be banned so why are you trying to stockpile on them by the gallons?

I do dilute my 24 mg juice to 12 mg with VG and use approximately 2 ml a day which means that my total juice consumption is 60 ml (diluted) a month or in other words I do use only 1 oz of VG a month.

I buy my VG from CVS, $4.99 for 6 oz and it cost me $0.83 per month based on my use.

Again, why buy by the gallons (aside for using it to make your own soap)?

Sign-Man

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
PG nor VG will never be banned so why are you trying to stockpile on them by the gallons?

I do dilute my 24 mg juice to 12 mg with VG and use approximately 2 ml a day which means that my total juice consumption is 60 ml (diluted) a month or in other words I do use only 1 oz of VG a month.

I buy my VG from CVS, $4.99 for 6 oz and it cost me $0.83 per month based on my use.

Again, why buy by the gallons (aside for using it to make your own soap)?

I totally agree if you live near to a drug store. There are lots of people who live far enough away that they would spend way more on gas than postage.

Even a 16 oz bottle will go a long way. I wouldn't buy a gallon but that's the individuals choice.

voidNIL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT

I make juice for 9 people including friends and family. I'm not quite sure how much I go through on average because the number of people and how much they each go through fluctuates a lot. Much easier to have a couple gallons around than to always be trying to track down PG.

I've only looked once at the stuff from the feed store but it was not clear, had a little tan tint to it. I could probably get it from the pharmacy but I'm willing to pay for a little convenience.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Makes you wonder how our suppliers can sleep at night charging up to as much as $15 for 15 ml...and many folks in here PAY it! Wonder if they realize what the mark up on the juice is??

Fact: in general, everything that ecig vendors sell that is not actually ecig hardware or e-juice is available other places for a fraction of the cost. Some do not do this. Plastic syringes are often sold for $2.95...but you can get them for about 20 cents elsewhere. There is a trade off with shipping costs by buying everything from one place, but it usually does not counteract the markup.

To the OP: thanks for those links for VG and PG. I doubt I will ever get a gallon, but the price of 16 oz is quite good.

Also, not all USP VG is the same. The CVS brand I got has a flavor that I'm not fond of, but the Heritage brand I get from Whole Foods is quite good. Technically they should be the same, but some are made from hydrolysis of animal fats (labeled just "glycerin"), and some are made from hydrolysis of vegetable oils (labeled "vegetable glycerin"), so the difference could, and probably is, in the 0.3% that is not glycerin. I think some labeled glycerin is actually vegetable glycerin, just depends on where the bottler gets there glycerin. I can't speak to the PG crowd, as I don't use the stuff.

Last edited:

FizzleFisch

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Lake Travis - Texas
I still would love to find a source (other than 'juice' vendors) for PG that is more economically sensible in the final analysis.

I can appreciate the fact that essential-wholesale offers a great opportunity to purchase both PG & VG in gallon-unit quantities at very attractive prices. But if one considers the overall cost after shipping... the economic attraction pales very quickly.

For my own requirements, I have little need for an entire gallon of either PG or VG; So I'd be more than happy to order a 16oz bottle of each from their website.
--- However! .... what stops me cold is that it appears my $7.55 product order would incur close to twice that amount just for shipping. And when the final-net_value of the actual offering is evaluated.... it turns out that obtaining a Quart of mixing solution this way equates to buying these products at a cost-ratio of well over $80.00 per-gallon! :(

After reconsidering it all...the VG isn't that much of a concern because there are several local retail sources available (such as CVS, Walmart etc).

But the only local retail source I've seen so far for PG ..is the Tractor Supply store which, here again, involves a $23+tax purchase for an entire gallon!:(

So I'd like to put this question out there;

Has anyone found a significantly more attractive final-value sourcing (on or offline) for smaller-quantity amounts of PV [i.e. 16oz-32oz] ??

fisch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread