Status
Not open for further replies.

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
Hey all,
As one of the foremost thinkers of our time once said "A man's gotta know his limitations" I'm sure you all recognize those words from the fertile mind of S.F. police detective Dirty Harry.I think the second movie.

I break stuff..I'm hard on stuff. I once had a little vvtwist which I laid down, and it rolled off the table into a bucket of water. A small loss, but illustrative.

I'm looking for a fully mechanical tube mod, that is designed to be able to use a kick. My first thought was a silver bullet, but I think they have an electric switch.I'm looking for something fuctional, I don't need a golden Greek or a carvela, or a Machavelli. I like the ability to have variable power, but I don't want to drop a pro vari in the river, and have to throw it away. I want something I can take apart dry out....throw the kick away. I'd rather replace a 45 dollar kick than a 145 dollar mod.If it was American made that would be good, but not a deal breaker.

Also to those of you who do use mechanical mods.....why...is it so you can vape alot of watts, or what...why do you use mechanical mods. Thanx.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
Altsmoke also offers the Omega ($99.95). It's has a unique plunger design to activate the atomizer and is supposed to be very sturdy. I have the Curve from nhaler ($135.00) and that thing is built like a brick *bleep* house and was designed for the kick. It'll be around and functioning long after I'm gone. Nhaler also offers "The Kicked Curve" ($155.00). It's the same design as the original, but with this one you can use an 18650 and a kick. The original uses an 18490 and a kick.

Last edited:

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC

durgidog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
memphis, tn
www.thomasin.com
I have mech mods with bottom switches and mech mods with protruding pinky side switches. I prefer side switches because they keep devices from rolling if they fall over or are laid on their sides. You have a lot of excellent suggestions here, good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited:

Nocturin

Mar 20, 2013
United States
I just got a natural - kickable and totally solid mech mod. I researched a bunch, I've only had a few days with it, but I'm excited to kick it with a 18490. I was also very suprised as to how "compact" it was compared to other more expensive mods that I've seen. It's only 2-2 1/2 times the diameter of a standard e-go.

Hefty little bastid. It fell over on the coffee table and scratched the finish of the table; more like laughed at it, actually.

Dontae92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Long Beach, CA
I'll say what I say in every one of these threads...Legacy from Puresmoker...US made, under $100 and kickable
What fury said. I'm looking for the same thing and with the extension sleeve, you can kick the mini 350 or the full 650. or without you can kick a 490. Good deal if you ask me

Last edited:

tenshi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
United States
Poldiac is designed to be able to use a kick. I've found that it's a perfect fit, but if you want to use it with the 2 cent safety fuse + kick, it's a tight fit. I use both a VV (I prefer Provari only for VV) and mechanical mods depending upon my mood. Reason I like having mech mods is to be able to vape <1 ohms when I feel like it, and the simplicity of the device is appealing. Do I think it's worth the price tag? Well, I have a handmade solid silver flute which is worth thousands and it doesn't have any fancy electronics :p, I'm sure people think that's ridiculous. To each their own ^^

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
What fury said. I'm looking for the same thing and with the extension sleeve, you can kick the mini 350 or the full 650. or without you can kick a 490. Good deal if you ask me

The only other thing I would suggest that I consider a top quality is if you either got an EA at coop prices or catch one in the classies at coop prices. It's telescoping and comes with an extended center tube for 18650+kick. $190 is a bit out of the range but I have seen them for a lot less in the classifieds, I do think it is worth the $190 if you have it though. I don't use a kick but the extended tube allows me to use a shortstop with an 18650 with the connection pin fully down to have my genesis flush with the top.

Last edited:

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
K100 $35 at hoosiervapes, IGO-L $14 at StemMonkey
Picture 90.jpg
Rock solid, kickable, fully mechanical, telescoping PV, Shown here in 18650 mode.

Picture 92.jpg
Can Still palm the whole 18650, with a 18350 or 18500 could go full stealth easily.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I'll say what I say in every one of these threads...Legacy from Puresmoker...US made, under $100 and kickable

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This. I own two of them and I can buy parts from a local hardware store. The bottom switch is a lot easier that I thought it would be. Plus I can control the amount of travel with the included washers.

Dontae92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Long Beach, CA
The only other thing I would suggest that I consider a top quality is if you either got an EA at coop prices or catch one in the classies at coop prices. It's telescoping and comes with an extended center tube for 18650+kick. $190 is a bit out of the range but I have seen them for a lot less in the classifieds, I do think it is worth the $190 if you have it though. I don't use a kick but the extended tube allows me to use a shortstop with an 18650 with the connection pin fully down to have my genesis flush with the top.
Since I'm am looking for my first mech mod, Im am going for the kit they sell(Legacy mini, 2 aw 18350s, 10 cartos, a charger, some sample liquid, etc.) for 129. Im also going to purchase the extension sleeve, 18650 tube, kick, and 2 18650s. I've read good things about them and the availability is a plus.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Since I'm am looking for my first mech mod, Im am going for the kit they sell(Legacy mini, 2 aw 18350s, 10 cartos, a charger, some sample liquid, etc.) for 129. Im also going to purchase the extension sleeve, 18650 tube, kick, and 2 18650s. I've read good things about them and the availability is a plus.

I probably just buy the legacy, 18350 tube and kick/kick tube from them. Get the batteries from somewhere like RTD and a WP2 instead of the Tenergy charger. Me and kits never seem to get along though.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
Is there something bad about the charger in particular of just purely your experience with other kits?
The charger isn't horrible per say, but I agree on the WPII. I used to have the Tenergy but it charges a lot slower and makes an annoying screech when you but a drained battery in. Plus the WPII has all the safety features you need and it's only like $20 as opposed to the $13 the Tenergy is. It's worth the extra few bucks honestly. Especially for 18650s, you can put them on the 1A setting and it will charge super fast. BTW the Legacy is a great choice for those wanting an American kickable mod, you really can't go wrong I suggest you both go with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread