Status
Not open for further replies.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I currently have a Reomizer. It works and it's okay. I figured out what the person who asked me if it was airy meant. I think I would like to try a different one, however. I'm not really sure what I want from an rba as this was my first one.

I know from threads here the A7 and ERA are fiddly. I cannot get a Hornet or Chalice right now, but the Killer 705 is available. Or I can wait on the Reomizer 2. Or something else entirely.

Suggestions? And why do you like it, please.

Emris

Time Lord
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I currently have a Reomizer. It works and it's okay. I figured out what the person who asked me if it was airy meant. I think I would like to try a different one, however. I'm not really sure what I want from an rba as this was my first one.

I know from threads here the A7 and ERA are fiddly. I cannot get a Hornet or Chalice right now, but the Killer 705 is available. Or I can wait on the Reomizer 2. Or something else entirely.

Suggestions? And why do you like it, please.

I dont know who said the ERA was fiddly, but it is not! For the most part they all vape the same. Some or just more stout and built better than the others. As far as the A7 goes, I am not a fan of that RBA at all. Some people love it, but I can not see why or how other than they are cheaper than dirt.

garyinco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
CO, USA
The Hornet and ERA are basically the same. Height and diameter differs a little. I agree with the above. The ERA is not fiddly at all. It is MUCH better built than the Reomizer. I think Rob would agree and has said the ERA is a good RBA. There is a reason he is not selling the reomizer anymore.

The ERA is easier to rebuild.

Both the torched and plain stainless Hornets are currently available at indyvaporshop.

I'm going to wait for the Reo RBA version2. If I was going to buy anything right now it would be a Hornet. I like my ERA. Someone posted the other day that a set of spare screws for the Chalice was $52! Another person posted the Chalice maker said it would be 4-5 months before they made another batch. That was the same answer I received when I asked the question a month ago.

I have three reomizers and I like them. I have three A7's and I like them. I have an ERA and I like it the most. But it costs twice as much as the Reomizer and five times what an A7 does. The A7 is well built other than the ridiculous wobbly center post design flaw. That can be corrected, but I'd be worried using one without the correction. Haven't tried the Fatty BF, Killer or Dripper Spiral.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I agree with Emris....the ERA is not really fiddly at all. And it's a good atomizer (IMHO). The Hornet is almost exactly like the ERA....just a little smaller and because of that it'll fit more of the REOs. And...both the ERA and the Hornet have a little tighter draw than the Reomizer if you do think the Reomizer is too airy. (I love the draw of the Reomizer and have reamed the air holes out of my ERA and my Hornet to get them to be as "airy" as the Reomizer, but each to his/her own.) I wouldn't even consider the A7....way too risky and short-prone. There are those (Alice - westamyx) who love the Killer 705, and I haven't tried it, but I think it's a little more complicated than either the ERA or the Hornet. You have to have non-resistance wire as well as the regular resistance wire which is just one more layer of complicated for me. But, I do hear they work really well....you should maybe read the Killer 705 thread. The new rebuildable that Rob is putting together is going to be half the price of either the ERA or the Hornet.....and I'm thinking it's going to be great. Rob's been burnt once, and I don't think he's going to bring another rebuildable to us unless he's confident that it's sturdy and reliable. He's really picky about what he wants to back.

So......having said all that, MY personal opinion and recommendation would be to live with the Reomizer for a couple more weeks until Rob makes the one he's putting together available.

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Someone posted the other day that a set of spare screws for the Chalice was $52!

That was me, but slightly different than you typed: 2 sets of screws for original chalice and 3 sets of screws for second run chalice (titanium) with shipping from Europe is $52. Probably about 2 or 3 bucks a screw and $30 or $40 in shipping costs? I'll probably never even need em either.

But, It is what is. If you like to drive a Ferrari, sooner or later you are gonna have to put a set of tires on it.

DeeMcG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
Rockwall, TX
I have the hornet, A7, mini A7, reomizer, killer, and ERA. For my Grand, I choose the ERA. I find nothing fiddly about it. It is just what it is supposed to be...easy rebuildable atomizer. I bored out the airhole on one of my hornets, but the original hole and draw works just fine for me too. I choose the hornet for my mini 2.0 for fitting purposes of course, but the hornet is great on my Grand as well. Hands down for me...era/hornet. I do wish I had a chalice.

Last edited:

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I agree with Emris....the ERA is not really fiddly at all. And it's a good atomizer (IMHO). The Hornet is almost exactly like the ERA....just a little smaller and because of that it'll fit more of the REOs. And...both the ERA and the Hornet have a little tighter draw than the Reomizer if you do think the Reomizer is too airy. (I love the draw of the Reomizer and have reamed the air holes out of my ERA and my Hornet to get them to be as "airy" as the Reomizer, but each to his/her own.) I wouldn't even consider the A7....way too risky and short-prone. There are those (Alice - westamyx) who love the Killer 705, and I haven't tried it, but I think it's a little more complicated than either the ERA or the Hornet. You have to have non-resistance wire as well as the regular resistance wire which is just one more layer of complicated for me. But, I do hear they work really well....you should maybe read the Killer 705 thread. The new rebuildable that Rob is putting together is going to be half the price of either the ERA or the Hornet.....and I'm thinking it's going to be great. Rob's been burnt once, and I don't think he's going to bring another rebuildable to us unless he's confident that it's sturdy and reliable. He's really picky about what he wants to back.

So......having said all that, MY personal opinion and recommendation would be to live with the Reomizer for a couple more weeks until Rob makes the one he's putting together available.

Yes, Killer 705 is my absolute favorite. I have or have had Reomizers, ERAs, Hornets, A7s, A7 Minis, Surfaces, and Vision Eternity and several RBA tanks, some Genesis High End/High Dollar.

Few things that make Killer/eBaron superior to ME:

-The ceramic cup - hard to beat the flavor
-The non resistance wire - I mean how hard is it to twist a couple pieces of NR wire onto pre ohm measured length of resistance before making coil???!!! And not having to rebuild a coil if ohms are not what you want because you use cheap multimeter and place one point on one end, after doing one end of NR attachment, and then move the other point of mm along the R wire to the point of exact ohm you want for coil and attach the NR wire there. No need for fancy join beads or crimping or soldering.
-NR Wire - A major weak point in RBAs that use post holes with screws to tighten down on R wire is that the R wire becomes weaker and weaker over time from heat applied to it while being smushed by screw. That's one major thing that kills coils that break at point where screw smushes down on wire. This weakness does not exist for the ceramic cup using NR wire.
-Weakness of post design - if you want to do a good coil torching to clean coil back to "new" and silica wick back to white if you do this on a post design you WILL eventually melt the positive post insulator!!!! Good luck locating a post insulator or even at all.
-Ceramic cup for Killer and its big brother eBaron are common CE2 cups easily obtained from many vendors or vapers' stash boxes. I have several boxes of CE2 left over from my tank modding days in 2010; perfect fit

The Killer is tiny and has loads of room to spare in smallest catch cup or well. It blind squonks perfectly. It is precision made and built tough like a REO. Very non fussy look and simple lines.

I was into week five with original stock coil wick when weakest point, the NR wire that comes out and makes contact with screw threads on outside of base, the threads that accept the tiny screw on cap, finally broke from so much screwing cap on and off every single day. My juice gunks up any and all coils. I dryburn daily and give the whole thing a good torching every couple days. This brings coil back to virtually new, silica wick to bright white, and ceramic cup to bright white. I can dryburn and/or torch faster than anyone can build a coil and wick and install it and only tool I need is inexpensive chef torch if torching. Okay a small part of paper towel to first soak up excess juice in wick.

Much more to say but out of time 3 hours ago.

Did I mention I ordered another Killer and first eBaron Spiral (for larger REOs) from Greece? They are en route now. Main reason I'm keeping my anodized colors Hornet is they are so cute on all our colored anodized Mini REOs. That's #4 Killer.

Killer was designed for 510 carto tanks so if you enjoy using a tank you can use your killer and never have to buy cartos again and punch them if you get non pre punched cartos.

Oh yeah, you always run the risk of burning any o-ring, on most RBAs, that either holds the press on cap on and/or prevents leaking!!!!!

And people believe Killers and eBarons are complicated or fiddly. These beliefs are only that; just beliefs and not based on reality. ( Will qualify this statement to say that non fiddly applies only to using as BF RBA or Dripper and not to Killer's use in carto tank.)

Sent from my SPH-P500 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Yes, Killer 705 is my absolute favorite. I have or have had Reomizers, ERAs, Hornets, A7s, A7 Minis, Surfaces, and Vision Eternity and several RBA tanks, some Genesis High End/High Dollar.

Few things that make Killer/eBaron superior to ME:

-The ceramic cup - hard to beat the flavor
-The non resistance wire - I mean how hard is it to twist a couple pieces of NR wire onto pre ohm measured length of resistance before making coil???!!! And not having to rebuild a coil if ohms are not what you want because you use cheap multimeter and place one point on one end, after doing one end of NR attachment, and then move the other point of mm along the R wire to the point of exact ohm you want for coil and attach the NR wire there. No need for fancy join beads or crimping or soldering.
-NR Wire - A major weak point in RBAs that use post holes with screws to tighten down on R wire is that the R wire becomes weaker and weaker over time from heat applied to it while being smushed by screw. That's one major thing that kills coils that break at point where screw smushes down on wire. This weakness does not exist for the ceramic cup using NR wire.
-Weakness of post design - if you want to do a good coil torching to clean coil back to "new" and silica wick back to white if you do this on a post design you WILL eventually melt the positive post insulator!!!! Good luck locating a post insulator or even at all.
-Ceramic cup for Killer and its big brother eBaron are common CE2 cups easily obtained from many vendors or vapers' stash boxes. I have several boxes of CE2 left over from my tank modding days in 2010; perfect fit

The Killer is tiny and has loads of room to spare in smallest catch cup or well. It blind squonks perfectly. It is precision made and built tough like a REO. Very non fussy look and simple lines.

I was into week five with original stock coil wick when weakest point, the NR wire that comes out and makes contact with screw threads on outside of base, the threads that accept the tiny screw on cap, finally broke from so much screwing cap on and off every single day. My juice gunks up any and all coils. I dryburn daily and give the whole thing a good torching every couple days. This brings coil back to virtually new, silica wick to bright white, and ceramic cup to bright white. I can dryburn and/or torch faster than anyone can build a coil and wick and install it and only tool I need is inexpensive chef torch if torching. Okay a small part of paper towel to first soak up excess juice in wick.

Much more to say but out of time 3 hours ago.

Did I mention I ordered another Killer and first eBaron Spiral (for larger REOs) from Greece? They are en route now. Main reason I'm keeping my anodized colors Hornet is they are so cute on all our colored anodized Mini REOs. That's #4 Killer.

Killer was designed for 510 carto tanks so if you enjoy using a tank you can use your killer and never have to buy cartos again and punch them if you get non pre punched cartos.

Oh yeah, you always run the risk of burning any o-ring, on most RBAs, that either holds the press on cap on and/or prevents leaking!!!!!

And people believe Killers and eBarons are complicated or fiddly. These beliefs are only that; just beliefs and not based on reality. ( Will qualify this statement to say that non fiddly applies only to using as BF RBA or Dripper and not to Killer's use in carto tank.)

What say we meet near Gainesville and show each other our RBA's?

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
What say we meet near Gainesville and show each other our RBA's?

Would love to and you have to bring Scott. Maybe next Sat or Sun, a week. I have obligations this weekend and too much work to do so can't get to torching for a few days. Can deliver Scott's in person and give you that hug I've been asking him to give you, from me, for two years. eBaron will hopefully be in by then.

Do you know good eat places in Gainesville where we can vape?

Hugs, Feisty Alice

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Btw... If I had the spare cash I'd order up a few extra Killers to have handy for REOnaught friends who discover they want one but have to wait until couple places that sell them get them back in stock. As far as I know they are still in stock at Greekvapes. I'm loaning one to Dan to try, LOAN ONLY..... NOT FOR SALE. I can't handle having more than one at a time away from home.

I have a Surface and REO Mini loand out and I'm getting nervous as I haven't heard anything from person in several weeks. If they were eGo and A7 instead I wouln't lose much sleep.

Feisty Alice

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Btw... If I had the spare cash I'd order up a few extra Killers to have handy for REOnaught friends who discover they want one but have to wait until couple places that sell them get them back in stock. As far as I know they are still in stock at Greekvapes. I'm loaning one to Dan to try, LOAN ONLY..... NOT FOR SALE. I can't handle having more than one at a time away from home.

I have a Surface and REO Mini loand out and I'm getting nervous as I haven't heard anything from person in several weeks. If they were eGo and A7 instead I wouln't lose much sleep.

Feisty Alice

Yes!! That would make me nervous, too! These things are like our children.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Would love to and you have to bring Scott. Maybe next Sat or Sun, a week. I have obligations this weekend and too much work to do so can't get to torching for a few days. Can deliver Scott's in person and give you that hug I've been asking him to give you, from me, for two years. eBaron will hopefully be in by then.

Do you know good eat places in Gainesville where we can vape?

Hugs, Feisty Alice

Uh, no, not offhand. Shoot, it's in YOUR state!

I'm almost wondering if we can delay it for a bit, put the word out.....and see who can show up. Call it a Re(o)gional Meet up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread