Low Resistance on ego-t?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boshans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
New York, USA
I tried using the search function but couldn't find anything specific...

I just was wondering if it is ok to use LR attys/clearomizers on the ego-t battery? I have 2 1000mAh ego-t batteries, and am using 1.8 ohm clearomizers, specifically 1.8 ohm Kanger T2's/T3's and eVods. One of the T3's is 2 something ohms, and the coils that came in with the evods are 2 something ohms, but i have replacement coils for the t3's and evods that are 1.8 ohms, and all my T2's are 1.8. This one site says that it doesn't warranty using anything below 2 ohms on the ego-t battery, but other things I read said it was fine to use LR attys on it...So what the hell is the truth?

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
Depends on the amp draw of the set up. Standard ego batts are designed to handle about 2.2A, I think. 1.8 ohms at 3.7v is within that amperage, sometimes the 1.8 actually come out at 1.5 ohms, which sets it outside of that range, closer to 3 amps. I have used 1.5 and 1.8 ohm attys on standard Ego batts with no issues. Possibly shorter lifetime for the battery (as in totally dead and broke, not just life of charge), but nothing died abruptly. YMMV as your equipment surely differs from mine (standard Joyetech 650mah battery, 510 atomizer)

Last edited:

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
Are they genuine Joyetech? If so, they're regulated at 3.3V and you'd be drawing 1.83 amps with a 1.8 ohm atty. You'll probably notice shorter battery life between charges compared to a standard resistance atty, but it won't do any harm. I can't remember what the limit is in on the switch (it's somewhere around 2-2.5 amps), but most people wouldn't recommend going over 2 amps on a standard eGo battery.

EDIT: USinchains beat me to it!

JJ

Last edited:

Toker Bell

Apr 4, 2013
USSA
That's right. Sometimes the 1.8 ohm carts will be as low as 1.5 ohm and that what prevents them from working on many protected batteries.

I have a couple 650mAh eGo c-tiwsts that I use with single coil 2.0 ohm boge LR carts and I really like them a LOT. They produce a really nice warm clean tasting vapor, even when the voltage is set at 3.2 which is where it's left most of the time (I'll crank it up a bit when vaping my favorite vanilla bean though). I prefer a really warm vape, hot even. I like how the HOT sizzling nicotine and tantalizing flavors tickles the end of my tongue, lol. They last a long time too before clogging up and require discarding. And I've never encountered a bad one in the dozen boxes (of 5 each) I think I've gone through already since settling on this combo.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Have used 1.7 ohms cartos on my 3.3 volt eGo without issue but it does drain the batts quickly. Realize also I tested my carto beforehand to make sure it was 1.7. Many cartos test out higher or lower. Presently using a 1.7 ohms carto that tests out at 2.2 ohms...imagine if the inaccuracy was in the minus category.

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
Have used 1.7 ohms cartos on my 3.3 volt eGo without issue but it does drain the batts quickly. Realize also I tested my carto beforehand to make sure it was 1.7. Many cartos test out higher or lower. Presently using a 1.7 ohms carto that tests out at 2.2 ohms...imagine if the inaccuracy was in the minus category.

Haha! I was thinking the exact same thing other day using a 2.0 ohm carto that came out at 2.5 ohms!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Are they regulated 3.3 now? Could have swore they used to be 3.7. Who knows what I'm thinking though, been forever since I've tested one. That makes things easier anyway, as far as LR and amps go.

Kgo and SmokTech eGo are 3.7. JT eGo is 3.3. eGo upgrade toggles between regulated and unregulated- 3.3 or 4.2 (mostly @ 3.7 volts)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have 2 Joye eGo-C 650's from my starter kit that I bought almost a year ago. I've used them a lot with LR eGo-C atties at 1.6 - 1.9 ohms with no problems. I had a few atties go below 1.5 ohms on me, probably the coils shorting. What happens is that the battery light flashes a few times, the battery shuts down and 5 clicks does not turn it back on. Putting it on the charger for a few seconds brings it back. Had this experience a few times. Never hurt the batteries that I was aware of. After that experience I always checked the resistance of LR atties before installing them. Resistance can however decrease while they are being used.

Last edited:

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
Are they regulated 3.3 now? Could have swore they used to be 3.7. Who knows what I'm thinking though, been forever since I've tested one. That makes things easier anyway, as far as LR and amps go.

It's not always easy to spot in product listings, even on the Joyetech website:

Joyetech eGo-T 1000mAh Battery

JJ

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Ego batteries have always been regulated, even though stated voltage has always been listed as 3.7v. The only true unregulated eGo-class batteries were (new) Rivas and KGOs. The first Joyetech eGo to offer true 3.7 in unregulated mode was the eGo-C upgrade battery; it also offers a regulated, 3.3v mode. Ego-C Twist (and Vision Spinner) are variable voltage devices (3.3-4.8v).

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I tried using the search function but couldn't find anything specific...

I just was wondering if it is ok to use LR attys/clearomizers on the ego-t battery? I have 2 1000mAh ego-t batteries, and am using 1.8 ohm clearomizers, specifically 1.8 ohm Kanger T2's/T3's and eVods. One of the T3's is 2 something ohms, and the coils that came in with the evods are 2 something ohms, but i have replacement coils for the t3's and evods that are 1.8 ohms, and all my T2's are 1.8. This one site says that it doesn't warranty using anything below 2 ohms on the ego-t battery, but other things I read said it was fine to use LR attys on it...So what the hell is the truth?

Yes, it's OK. Joyetech makes 1.5Ω atties, but proceed with caution and check the resistance of the atty frequently. Resistance tends to drop and 1.1Ω resistance used to mean sudden death of your eGo in the past, especially with those older batteries equipped with that infamous MOSFET switch. The circuitry of eGos has been improved recently.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have 2 Joye eGo-C 650's from my starter kit that I bought almost a year ago. I've used them a lot with LR eGo-C atties at 1.6 - 1.9 ohms with no problems. I had a few atties go below 1.5 ohms on me, probably the coils shorting. What happens is that the battery light flashes a few times, the battery shuts down and 5 clicks does not turn it back on. Putting it on the charger for a few seconds brings it back. Had this experience a few times. Never hurt the batteries that I was aware of. After that experience I always checked the resistance of LR atties before installing them. Resistance can however decrease while they are being used.

Yup yup. The good old MOSFET! :D

1.1Ω is the kill point!

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...stance-specific-batteries-17.html#post2274079

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread