FDA to send Section 918 report to Congress on Monday (will include e-cigs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
This explains government thought-

CarlinonGovernment_zps39378f91.jpg

And that is precisely why they have quashed critical thinking in educational institutions. Children are not taught to question but to accept.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Still sucks. It's our money our hobby I'm not forcing people at gun point to vape. I hate being target for a harmless hobby.
Smoke free since feb 19 2013

I think it is time we went on the offensive and started insisting we get "green" environmental rebates! If there is going to be a 'compromise', why should it ALL be on our end?

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I think it is time we went on the offensive and started insisting we get "green" environmental rebates! If there is going to be a 'compromise', why should it ALL be on our end?
The only time we will go on the offensive
is after "Mommie FDA" informs us of its rules and punishments.

It's understood fighting regulations and lies
could be considered being on the offensive

Last edited:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Being from Australia I've always thought that the best thing about America is Canada.

I really hate the US sometimes. It's got so much power, so much innovation and technology, and yet it vests in the big corporations, those big ugly nasty corrupt organisations that over time eventually reveal themselves.

If your government bans E-cig products, or destroys the industry and yet allows people to go on smoking normal cigarettes, I will nuke America, never mind Kim Jong Un.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Being from Australia I've always thought that the best thing about America is Canada.
1-BigGrin.png

If your government bans E-cig products, or destroys the industry and yet allows people to go on smoking normal cigarettes, I will nuke America, never mind Kim Jong Un.
Liberty_zpsb31093c2.jpg

dave8944

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2009

I really hate the US sometimes. It's got so much power, so much innovation and technology, and yet it vests in the big corporations, those big ugly nasty corrupt organisations that over time eventually reveal themselves.

You sound like you'd prefer your government, but they already ban e-cigs! They also have corporations, by the way.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
The only time we will go on the offensive
is after "Mommie FDA" informs us of its rules and punishments.

It's understood fighting regulations and lies
could be considered being on the offensive

:evil:
Offensive, yes, big-time, but not "on the offensive" -- ask a football coach.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
You sound like you'd prefer your government, but they already ban e-cigs! They also have corporations, by the way.

No, the problem is that our government governs other people whether we or they like it or not. Their ban started with a quote from the U.S. FDA.

IMO it is also alarming that the FDA and CDC worked so hard to get worldwide respect for their original apolitical scientific credibility, and now appear willing to "spend it" on this topic. I'd rather they kept it for when the real wolf comes.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
FDA's Section 918 report to Congress on Monday is the subject of a April 23rd FDLI conference session

Interesting panel makeup, as e-cigarette consumers and THR advocates accounted for two thirds of the testifiers at FDA's Dec. 17th hearing, and submitted 99% of the written comments to FDA's docket, ...

Are all of the comments on December's hearing posted anywhere? When I check the Regulations.gov site I still only get to 72 of the 5366 comments listed so far.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I really like "In addition, FDA is planning to conduct scientific studies to assess consumer understanding of how the Agency presents information about HPHCs. Upon completion of these important activities, FDA intends to publish the HPHC information so that consumers can make more informed decisions about tobacco products."

In human terms -- "We need a study to see how people read our studies. We might not be spinning the data properly to get the desired end result."

Our tax dollars working for us...

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
The FDA sent its report on Section 918 to Congress yesterday. I've been told the report is on the FDA's website (for drugs, not tobacco), but I haven't been able to find it.

Looking forward to see what FDA told Congress about the large number of vapers who testified at the Dec. 17 public hearing, and the 99% of written comments that were submitted to the FDA's docket by vapers.

I'm in DC at the FDLI conference, and yesterday's presentation by FDA about Section 918 focussed solely on NRT products, with just one sentence about e-cigarettes.

If someone finds the report on FDA's website, please post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread