List of vendors who re-label & sell eliquid made by someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayLovesMetal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
all i know is everyone sells hypnotic mist without giving credit to the only company who actually makes it - flavour art. same w/ oba oba. ppl just assume for ex that velvet vapors or vapor bomb created the hypnotic mist they sell...not true.

Oba Oba and Hypnotic Mist flavors are offered by Flavourart for making e-liquid, certainly..as are peach, vanilla, chocolate, cookie and so many more. I've never ordered either of them from the companies you've named or any other, but I tend to doubt that they are reselling bottles of flavourart flavoring, which would be the only reason they'd need to give them credit. It also strikes me as unlikely that they're just throwing oba oba in a bottle of nicotine base and selling that either, given that they are both companies with repeat customers- and even if they were, I don't see why they should be expected to give the flavor company credit. How many vendors
offer peach, strawberry, chocolate, whatever? When you buy chocolate cookies does the baker need to call them "Brand X" chocolate cookies because he uses their chocolate?
If this logic applied, then Flavourart should be giving some cigar makers somewhere credit I guess, since oba oba is a type of cigar and maybe they should also credit Hypnotic that manufactures the liquor that flavor is based on.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
well true, just saying a lot of ppl assume these vendors invented the stuff when the fact is only 1 company actually makes the original. and they are just adding it to nic base cuz i've tried it from 2 diff't vendors and diy and it was all the same. all I was saying, i dont have any examples of vendors re-labeling stuff so i threw it out there.

Last edited:

unquiet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Philly
I'm curious about who "re-brands" juices from China. I strongly suspect that at least some of the juices sold by 1 particular vendor are Dekang, possibly Hangson too. I wish I knew b/c they have 1 flavor that I particularly like and I'm sure I could get it cheaper elsewhere if it really is Dekang or Hangson. Also I'd rather not patronize a vendor who I know is shady like that. But, again, I'm not 100% sure...

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
im missing something here...rebrands it as what exactly, their own? isn't that the same as being a vendor selling stuff you can get at ecx or wherever for 1/10 the price...unless they're making new, unique juices in house, using flavors no one else has aren't they all doing exactly what i said - taking flavors from companies like FA, hangsen, loranns, etc and calling it their own / not giving credit? end of thread right there then if that's what ur talking about, there's only 3 or 4 vendors that make unique stuff, almost all of them just take nic base and add condensed, pre-existing flavors.

Last edited:

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
all i know is everyone sells hypnotic mist without giving credit to the only company who actually makes it - flavour art. same w/ oba oba. ppl just assume for ex that velvet vapors or vapor bomb created the hypnotic mist they sell...not true.

Vapor Bomb makes their own flavoring for 'their' Hypnotic Mist.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
you're sure about that? so they just ripped off the name and tried to copy the recipe or....?

It's really no different that different suppliers that have 'snickerdoodle' or something like that. Every name is based off of something. None of these flavorings began as flavorings for vaping. Some evolved into that but they're food grade.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
hypnotic mist is a blend made by flavour art, as far as i know they're the only ones who make it and anyone selling it as their own hypnotic mist is just misleading u - it's all the same. never had vapor bomb's version but i'm 99% sure it'd be the same as velvet vapors' ie from FA.

How do you know that? You're saying VB uses FA Hypnotic Mist to make their e-liquid?

mwa appears to think this is the case.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...19-hypnotic-mist-comparisons.html#post2858741

I remember reading that VB makes their own because he described what flavors he used. You can always ask him in his forum. He does sell his flavoring. You could try it sometime to see if it's any different.

Last edited:

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
i don't know, i'm assuming since i've had it from velvet vapors and vixen and they were both the exact same as what i get from FA. so it's either the same w/ them or they ripped off the name and/or tried to copy the recipe. i dont know anything about vapor bomb, just assuming they do what the other vendors do.

If that's the case, it really pays to make your own.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
ah u edited it caridwen lol...ya see it's all the same. it's misleading cuz they make it seem like it's theirs. all i was talking about. and idk if hypnotic mist is copyrighted but it's been around for a long time so if someone comes out w/ another juice named hypnotic mist they're ripping the name off (maybe not legally but still) otherwise it's just misleading.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
ah u edited it caridwen lol...ya see it's all the same. it's misleading cuz they make it seem like it's theirs. all i was talking about. and idk if hypnotic mist is copyrighted but it's been around for a long time so if someone comes out w/ another juice named hypnotic mist they're ripping the name off (maybe not legally but still) otherwise it's just misleading.

I'll look later but I do remember him posting that it's his recipe for hypnotic mist so it may be very different from the hm you're vaping. Might be his version of hypnotic mist. I have never tried it although I'm curious to now. Is it fruity?

taylormadesuperfast

Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Metro Detroit
www.insaneeliquid.com
hypnotic mist is a blend made by flavour art, as far as i know they're the only ones who make it and anyone selling it as their own hypnotic mist is just misleading u - it's all the same. never had vapor bomb's version but i'm 99% sure it'd be the same as velvet vapors' ie from FA.

Ok I have to chime in here. Just because a vendor is making a liquid called Hypnotic Mist does not mean they are using Flavour Art Hypnotic Mist Flavoring. There are plenty of vendors out there making a Juice called ECTO - Ecto this, Ecto that...blah blah blah....they are all different because in the end it isn't only Ecto Flavoring they are using in their blend usually. The other thing is if you know the flavor profile of said flavorings you can recreate that flavor by combining flavors and end up with a similar result. As proof of this I can recreate the Ecto Flavoring myself by using a couple different flavors and make an "ECTO" e liquid variation of my own and call it Ecto. That's just an example. With having said all this you could still be right....maybe every vendor out there uses Flavour Art Hypnotic Mist and uses the exact same ratio's and blends and use no other flavorings in the juice.....but very highly unlikey. That's my 2cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread