8 hours for first battery charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKBonin

Moved On
Jan 4, 2010
NH
I totally disagree. I have a used 510 batt that was given to me when I bought my 510s. That 1 batt lasts me 4.5-5.5hrs. Lasts my wife 8-9hrs. I mistakenly interrupted the 1st chg on my 2 new batts, and can't get more than 1.5hrs out of them to save my soul.

The 1st chrg is ultra important for batt. length. Proper chrg on a new batt is:

chrg for 8hrs.
vape for 20 mins.
chrg for 1 additional hr.

After that, chrg 4-5hrs for optimum performance.

Never plug chgr in with a batt screwed in.

I am living with proof that this method works. I get the theory Ni-cad batts have no memory. IMHO, that's simply not true. And as I say, I'm living with the proof.

I'm a noob, but was taught this by my VERY non-noob supplier. So there you go. Pick one. :p

JKBonin

Moved On
Jan 4, 2010
NH
<------- NOT a batt expert. I am however, living with a 510 batt that runs 5-8hrs with my wife or myself using it. My 510 that I just got new, I didn't follow his instructions and now have 2 510 batts that die after 1.5 - 2hrs. Same batt, but different chrg techniques. Soon as I get paid I'ma buying my azz an SB and forgetting all this batt changing bs.

That link was very well written and I agree it's hard to argue with it. Seems quite sound thinking to me. Then again, I'm in sales, not science. So go figure. Just the fact I get a potential 8hrs out of a std 510 batt makes me think for a few xtra hrs, it may very well be worth the wait.

We'll see. We'll just hafta see.

scrooby

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Florida, United States
I totally disagree. I have a used 510 batt that was given to me when I bought my 510s. That 1 batt lasts me 4.5-5.5hrs. Lasts my wife 8-9hrs. I mistakenly interrupted the 1st chg on my 2 new batts, and can't get more than 1.5hrs out of them to save my soul.

The 1st chrg is ultra important for batt. length. Proper chrg on a new batt is:

chrg for 8hrs.
Vape for 20 mins.
chrg for 1 additional hr.

After that, chrg 4-5hrs for optimum performance.

Never plug chgr in with a batt screwed in.

I am living with proof that this method works. I get the theory Ni-cad batts have no memory. IMHO, that's simply not true. And as I say, I'm living with the proof.

I'm a noob, but was taught this by my VERY non-noob supplier. So there you go. Pick one. :p

I have twelve 510 batts and I charged all of them 8 hours before using and I am lucky to get 2 hours at a time before having to charge again and again that is all twelve.

Well I couldn't wait so after about 4hr. on the charger i gave the 510 a try. kind of disapointed because after about 20-30, 5sec. puffs the LED started to flash and is now dead. I'll try the other Battery in the morning. Probably a newbie mistake! Just hope the learning curve is short because the analogs are so bad after 25years. It would sure be great if I could make it a whole day without an analog. A whole week would be outstanding.
Thanks Guys and Gals

JKBonin

Moved On
Jan 4, 2010
NH
Yeah, I've read that over and over. Don't know what to say. It's my wife that gets 8hr out of it. I get 4.5-5.5. And I vape pretty heavy. I'm hoping I can get the same out of some new batts.

Shoot an email to Jeff down at whatupecig.com. He can explain it better. Claims all his batts last that long. And I have one of his old ones and that's the one I have that lasts so long. May be just a fluke but frankly I hope his methods work. Rather 4hrs than 1.5-2hrs that's for damn sure!

cujette

Jul 19, 2009
OK, Here's my thoughts. Lets do a little bit of math here. Time to smoke one Analog or "Tobacco Cigarette" for you new e-cig users, is about three minutes X 20 Cigarettes in a pack = 60 minutes.

I have not read one post so far that states their battery won't last at least that long, so why all the ditching of battery life? I'd say all-in-all the Joye 510 "manual" batteries are doing a very good job.

I figured that I'm saving over $1,500.00 per year, so I went ahead and spent $49.95 for an extra kit from my supplier, now I have 4 Joye 510 Manual batteries, and two chargers. This works out great, and I never run out of juiced up batteries. It's not that much money when you consider the savings every year.

Here's a shout out for my supplier. These folks are great, and their prices for kits, and great e-juice is the lowest I've seen anywhere on-line.

FUZHEWUZHE.COM

CHECK THEM OUT FOR GREAT INFO AND PRODUCTS.

THANKS
CATHY

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de

Well, for starters, the batteries in PVs are not NiCd, they are Li-Io. Completely different can of worms. What you do works fine on NiCds, but is utterly pointless on Li-Io.

Check Part One - Basics every battery user should know if you don't believe me.

Lab

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Indiana
e-cigdecals.weebly.com
the battery depends a lot on how you use it.. if you over fill the cart it takes longer to vape.. so instead of 5 seconds of bat use you use 10 some ppl vape non stop, others say they vape heavy others think they do not vape that much but in reality they do.. so time per life of battery is a waste..

for me the battery life was not long enough for the amount I vaped, to the time spent charging.. so I bought a pass through problem solved now I always have 3 charged batteries ready to go that are hardly ever used. they are good when i go hiking or just hanging out outside.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Well a proper Li-on battery charger will stop charging when 4.2V is reached. Trickle charging is not recommended with Li-ions. Even charging them to 4.3V will significantly shorten the longevity (amount of charge cycles) of a battery. With PCB protection circuits (that are working right) you can't get much more than that anyway.

Length of time per battery charge is a useless statement anyway. How many milliliters of juice per charge is a more meaningful observation.

You would also have to take into account the ohms of the atty. Someone with a Joye 510 will probably get less battery life per charge than someone with a DSE 510.

With my 14500 3.7V box when my Joye atty starts to slow down I can switch to an M401 atty and it vapes like (or better) than a fully charged M401 batt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread