Status
Not open for further replies.

bilbobaggins30

Vapin' Hobbit
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
The Shire
Hello,
All I can say right now is that I am thankful for excellent Customer Service from Volcano! :evil: My Lavatube v2 acted up again, and this will be #2 going back to them. I have started having the notorious battery shutoff issue, where it does not like to make proper contact, despite all my efforts to make it do so, and recently, even after swapping Cartomizers, I have found that it likes to randomly throw "Lo" on the screen (not "Lo v"), and I have had the notorious '82' error. Pretty much my PV is screaming kill me now. Has anyone else had this much trouble with the Lavatube v2?

wizardelite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Your not the only one that's having these issues with the '82' error and the battery shutoff issue. Also, I'm sorry to say that I don't find much faith that your issue will be resolved when you get your exchange back.

I ordered my Lavatube V2 at the end of January. Since then I've returned the Lavatube V2 back to them not once, not twice, not three, but four times so far. Each device I got back from them had the same exact issue and I did everything under the sun to try and remedy the issue without success.

While Volcano's customer service is excellent. I have no faith that Volcano can execute a solid product and I've returned my last Lavatube V2 back to them and will be waiting for a full refund.

Volcano and the Lavatube V2 has been by far the worst company that I've dealt with to date and I will never buy anything from them ever again.

IntelligentDesigner

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I started with an Inferno kit that I'd imagine still works fine...just haven't touched it in quite some time since upgrading to the LT V2. I have the same problem periodically. The 82 is definitely indicative of a bad unit. My shutoff issue was corrected after my first return. I have until next February on my warranty to swap it out. I'm waiting until time gets near or I hear that they have corrected the issue once and for all before sending it in. I'd just rather not deal with getting defective units over and over, and have alternatives to use in the times my LT feels like being a butthole.

My Infernos were always great, customer service has always been good, and I think highly of the company as a whole. I just wish they'd go ahead and fix this problem. I hate to see their reputation going down the drain over the LT V2.

bshobes

Dec 13, 2012
decatur, texas
Hello,
All I can say right now is that I am thankful for excellent Customer Service from Volcano! :evil: My Lavatube v2 acted up again, and this will be #2 going back to them. I have started having the notorious battery shutoff issue, where it does not like to make proper contact, despite all my efforts to make it do so, and recently, even after swapping Cartomizers, I have found that it likes to randomly throw "Lo" on the screen (not "Lo v"), and I have had the notorious '82' error. Pretty much my PV is screaming kill me now. Has anyone else had this much trouble with the Lavatube v2?

it sounds like you need a new battery... how old is your battery? most of them are only good for 300 charges...get a good battery not one of those cheap blue icr18650's 2200 mah..

bpyoko

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2013
san diego, ca
I think some of the problems with the low indication is low ohms. The center post tends to wiggle out of position and short out. There is a small o-ring that keeps it from touching the rest of the 510 connector which causes a short. On my V2 I had that o-ring come out. I had to pull the center post out and use electrical tape to keep the post from shorting out. It's worked fine since. I'm pretty sure I voided my warranty, but I'm underway on a ship and I don't want to go back to smoking analogs. Other than that the LT has worked ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread