Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I want this thread to be for standard atty drippers to talk. Whether we are talking, 901, 306, 510, bridge-fee, bridge, bottom feeder or whatever, just not rba dripping attys. No talk of why rebuildables are better (frankly, I don't think they necessarily are anyway.)

Who knows, maybe I am the only one who does this exclusively, but maybe not. Even if you don't do it exclusively, if you love it, lets talk. It seems as if most are going the rba route now, but I do NOT like the overly open hit of those little fog machines.

Please, if you use RBAs or anything else that you feel is better, put it in another thread please. I am not expecting too many posters anyway, but I would like to speak with those that love standard atty dripping.

Anyone? What are your go-to attys? 901, 510, 306? HH-357? joyetech? IKV? Is this too old school? Is that tumbleweed I see in the distance? :tumble: :laugh:

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Frankly, I've been wondering the same thing. Old school?, it seems so nowadays. I drip exclusively, hate carto's and tanks, and don't want to bother with another learning curve to try going the RBA route. I use Joye 510's @ 1.5 ohms, and DSE 901's @ 1.7 ohms. I buy them in bulk once a year from Vapor Kings. I usually have one of each going on different rigs.

ScubaBebe

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Wetumpka, Alabama, United States
I do!!! I finally learned to drip with a V4L 510 carto that I pulled the filler out of. I ordered a 306 and couldn't get it to work. Thought I was doing something wrong. I now know that it was DOA, but that really added to the confusion on my part.
I looked at the killer and Diver this am. Have you tried the Diver? I just would rather have it...since I'm a diver but I could live with the Killer. I'm not a fan of a airy draw either. I have started buying RBAs because I want to have gear if the FDA goes bonkers and bans stuff or taxes it out the kazoo. But right now it is just on hand and I'm going about my normal dripping. Sorry, sidetracked.:oops:

Love my Stingray 306 but hate that I can't put a drip tip on it. LOL I used a stardust adapter tip, turn it upside down and it works ok. I had to use something...I tried to pull the cap out of the carto (nobody told me they don't come out!) and mangled the whole thing.:D I never thought I would want to be bothered with the hassle of dripping, outside of testing juices, but it really isn't a big pain and I love the flavor and VAPOR!

Reactions: cigarbabe

marsos52

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
new jersey
i drip at home, i wish i could when not a home, best flavor and vape cloud period, i use atty's from empire mods, seem to last longer and work better than any others i have tried.

just got a super t manu. 'vapemate' this seems to be a great help and it works so nicely. still getting used to it. still a bit of a hassle
for pocket carry

durgidog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
memphis, tn
www.thomasin.com
I am a diehard dripper. Have tried just about everything else but always come back to dripping. I get down right laughed at by the gennie users at the Memphis Vape Meets! Love the HH357 but too pricey for me - my go to atty is the Vapage BF hybrid, I mainly use 1.5 ohms on a mech mod, sometimes at home I'll use a 2.5 on the Vamo. LOVE the vapage atties (NOT the universals).

Many people complain about having to drip frequently, I don't mind at all (unless I'm driving). Cigs gave me something to do with my hands and satisfied my fidgety nature - dripping does the same thing for me.

Jibbu

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
Denver, CO, USA
Chain-vaper here. I love dripping at home and anywhere else it's convenient. I find I can empty a clearo in no time at all if I'm sitting still, but dripping makes the juice last longer, which is important for my budget.

Right now I'm no expert on atty's, and that can wait until I have more time. So I have a handful of 510 mix-n-matches with pawn tips so I can hang the PV from my mouth when both hands are needed. I do have one 306 which I recently bought for wicking errant drops of juice from lids - like dipping I guess. Well, I like it so much I'm going to get another with a drip tip and see how that goes.

On rare occasions I've dripped with my cig-alikes, unsealed batt's and 306-type atty (ProSmoke). With my old, generic 510, too. I'm just very careful to put the juice directly onto the bridge so it doesn't drip down into the battery. That doesn't happen much now that I'm better supplied with more appropriate hardware, but it's an option just in case.

And since atty's seem to like me (only 2 deaths in 2 years) I'm thinking of having one with its own tip for each flavor. I got a Sakura Identi-Pen so I can label them ... maybe. I haven't worked everything out yet. Mostly I need to get used to matching atty's with voltage so I don't blow up the neighborhood; I recently got a VV mini ego-style passthrough. This is my first experience with VV, so I'm still needing the chart and taking the notes.

And I gotta get more juice!!! :p

chrisrook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2013
Bradenton
My friend introduced me to dripping back when there was only 2 methods, carts or dripping. He had a manual 510 with basic cart atty and drip tip. Only method really available at the time. Since then I have tried clearos, tanks, Joye tank atty, and RBA's. I love my RBA, and it's great for if I want a lot of vaper, but I feel it lacks in flavor. I use a Joye LR 510 atty for a "backup" (sits in my car, great for trying flavors), but I think it's on it's last legs. Definitely will be looking for another though. Clearos and tanks never caught my interest, dripping always gave me something to do with my hands. Outdated, some would probably say so, but damn it's a great method.

Now, that being said, anyone know a good LR 510 atty that has good airflow and creates a nice amount of vaper? Think that might be the one thing that takes me away from rebuildables.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I've been dripping with standard 2.3 ohm Joyetech 510 atomizers for well over three years now.
It's the only way I vape, and is very likely to be the only way I'll ever vape.

I'm way too lazy to deal with cartomizers or tanks or whatever.
And besides, I like to change flavors at the drop of a hat.

I don't know if you've seen my posts about Digitalciggz (or maybe you saw it on ........?), but they have been frequently having Joyetech attys (the real deal) on sale for 9.95 for a pack of 5. I have gotten so many that I am not sure if I'll ever run out. They have the sale about every month and a half and I generally pick up about 15-20 each time (though I gave a bunch away like an idiot). After the sale, they go back to being about $40 for a 5 pack.

I am so happy to see ol' schoolers still working the circuit! Drip baby drip.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
My friend introduced me to dripping back when there was only 2 methods, carts or dripping. He had a manual 510 with basic cart atty and drip tip. Only method really available at the time. Since then I have tried clearos, tanks, Joye tank atty, and RBA's. I love my RBA, and it's great for if I want a lot of vaper, but I feel it lacks in flavor. I use a Joye LR 510 atty for a "backup" (sits in my car, great for trying flavors), but I think it's on it's last legs. Definitely will be looking for another though. Clearos and tanks never caught my interest, dripping always gave me something to do with my hands. Outdated, some would probably say so, but damn it's a great method.

Now, that being said, anyone know a good LR 510 atty that has good airflow and creates a nice amount of vaper? Think that might be the one thing that takes me away from rebuildables.

Shifu, EM Mods Premium 901, and of course, HH.357.

Reactions: cigarbabe

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I've bought many cheap used cars over the years. I prefer manual transmission when available. Why? Well for one, I feel I have more control over the car (which I do, especially on icy roads) so it gives me the best ride possible. But the biggest reason I prefer manual transmission? Come closer so I can whisper. The truth is, I just really like to shift.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
I've bought many cheap used cars over the years. I prefer manual transmission when available. Why? Well for one, I feel I have more control over the car (which I do, especially on icy roads) so it gives me the best ride possible. But the biggest reason I prefer manual transmission? Come closer so I can whisper. The truth is, I just really like to shift.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Thought you looked like the shifty sort...:laugh:

While my Jeep Patriot has a stick I do miss rocketing my Mini Cooper S down a windy road, pedals worked well for heel and toe and I had a short shift kit installed for faster gear changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread