blue light stays on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
When you say stays on do you mean for a second or for longer than this? If it the latter it faulty! There may be a bit of vapor if you take cartridge off straight after inhaling but it certainly shouldn't`t still be working! If It is would stop using as it sounds faulty/dangerous and would contact where you purchased it from. It sounds like the sensor that tells the battery you are inhaling and then sends power to the the atomizer is sticking?

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
I can say that my 401 will stay on after hitting it and will often light up on its own (cooking the atomizer) if:

I am in my car with my stereo up too loud.
I am in a bar / club with loud music.
I am in my car with the window down and get the 401 too close to the window.
I am in my car with the AC on too high and get the 401 in the way of the vent.

It seems that the switches are pretty sensitive and can't tell the difference between vacuum pressure / sound pressure / positive pressure.

For my next cig I'll be getting a Janty Dura, I think. I'll be able to take that one out to clubs / bars and use it in my car without it freaking out since it's a manual switch.

I'll keep the 401 for home / office use.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I just got a new battery yesterday for my RN4072 and this is happening. I'm not used to keeping an eye on it, but every time I look down the light is on. It goes off if I puff on it again. I'm hoping it won't cook my new atomizer too! Guess I'll have to remember to check it each time after I puff.

Riddle--On the RN4072 battery, it is the pressure switch getting stuck on. All you have to do is blow in and out a few times to break it in. If that fails--take a paper clip and wiggle it up the battery hole (Steve gave me that tip months ago and it worked great). But the blowing in and out works very well. Try the paper clip if it does not. Hope that helps--Sun:)

ill_dawg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
South Wales
I had the same problem with one of my supermini batteries. I flushed it with rubbing alcohol, blew it out with compressed air, and let it dry overnight. Seems to have solved the problem. It's definitely a problem with theswitch, I think in my case it was caused by liquid getting at the switch due to overfilling it and leaving it on its side while I wasn't using it. I've started standing it up on its end while it's not in use.

I had it happen on my 901... but unscrewing the battery has worked for me also.

There also seems to be a pressure point on some of the batteries for diff models where if they are squeezed in a certain spot it turns the LED on (even when they are NOT attached to an atomizer!). Weird and freaky :)

Steve at PureSmoker also said that it seems the batteries do weird things if you drip a lot (directly on atomizer) and flood the atomizer because you get e-liquid in your battery and it is not meant to be wet!

corbin

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
chandler AZ
So I just got my rn4072 and my dse901 and I noticed that on the rn4072 with one of my batteries the light will stay lit after I take a hit... same thing is happening with one of my dse901 batteries... are they defective I don’t drip smoke if that helps. The other batteries work fine is there anything I can do to fix this or are they defective and I need to send them back? Please let me know.
~Corbin~

xxJRockxx

Unregistered Supplier
So I just got my rn4072 and my dse901 and I noticed that on the rn4072 with one of my batteries the light will stay lit after I take a hit... same thing is happening with one of my dse901 batteries... are they defective I don’t drip smoke if that helps. The other batteries work fine is there anything I can do to fix this or are they defective and I need to send them back? Please let me know.
~Corbin~

On my first set of 901's I had this problem and could not fix it. Recently, on a different set the sensor was so sensitive it would turn on simply by touching the battery. I tried the paperclip in the battery hole (gently) technique and it fixed it immediately. I never tried that on my first set because I sent them back right away....

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I'm glad you posted today and bumped this up... I can't believe I haven't read about this on a post yet. I had a battery that fried an atomizer because it would just stay on. I gave up on it, put a sticker on it that said DOA.

Just used a paperclip on it. Wala... one more RN4072 battery to add to the stock pile!

I have a couple of other ones that blink all the time. Wonder if that would help them work better?

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
One of my batteries, maybe it's the one that never seems to charge up, never get a green light. I used it tonight, and it didn't work after a while and the light would keep comeing on so I tried the blow in and out thing, and this really bad taste came out so I think it's best to toss it. It was about a month old. The other month old battery -the light stays on. So I'll try leaving it stand and then charge it in the morning.
At this rate I'm never going to break even with quitting analogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread