Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I don't get the big deal. I don't vape anywhere smoking is not allowed. As far as I'm concerned throwing it in people's faces all the time will be what gets ecigs regulated and/or banned.

Truth is that no one has proof that ecigs are harmless. For former smokers, all we really know for sure is that they are less harmful than smoking cigarettes.

As vapors we should lose the entitled attitude. That is what is going to harm vaping the most.

trishdadish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Victoria, British Columbia
What the hell!? I hope no one was ignorant enough to be blowing steam in an enclosed space like an elevator! There's no way that's the whole story. If someone went into convulsions, it definitely WAS NOT from the second hand vapor. And if your higher-ups believe that was the cause, then I've got a low risk high return investment opportunity that I'd love to discuss with them.

Soundsystem00

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Dallas
Haha.

Well, as far as the "entitled attitude" goes.. You seem to have an entitled attitude in your posts, trousersnake so.. Work on that. Me, I never vape near a lot of people, or in odd places like the bus or supermarket. It's rude to blow any smoke in people's face, even if its harmless vapor. I just don't like the fact that I have to go outside on smoke break and get cigarette smoke blown all in my face when I should be able to vape at my desk.

Last edited:

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
My work has banned all "nicotine"- from snus to cigarettes to ecigs. We aren't even allowed to vape, or (ewww) chew in our own cars till we exit the parking lot. I've seen people get a talking to from security for lighting up on their way home before they made the exit turn.

Sounds like it's time for you to switch jobs... before the fascists take away the next thing... perhaps it will be caffeine? or perhaps bacon?

BTW - you have a right to take legal action and defend yourself against "arbitrary and capricious" rules imposed by your employer.

EagleTa2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I'm really lucky.... my boss has been very supportive of my choice to stop smoking analogs and encourages me to openly vape in my office.

I choose not to push the envelope by vaping during meetings or while in elevators. Geez, even I can wait a few minutes until I get into an open environment.

Thanks
Geo

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
why would vaping in an elevator, at your desk, grocery store, wherever be any more professional or acceptable than smoking? if you smoked and took a break to do so...do that with vaping
once upon a not so long ago time *smoking* was not only allowed everywhere but encouraged as being good for your health.....

no one is "trampling your rights"
with this kind of thinking....the states that have legalized 'certain substances'...should you be able to use at work? in an elevator? grocery store?

common sense and not looking for reasons to be indignant works for me....

cheign

Jan 7, 2010
cincinatti
My employer (a steelmaking facility) just banned ecig use and is now grouping them into the ohio smokefree workplace act.

I breath much worse than, even analog smoke, into my lungs on a daily basis. Iron flakes, magnesium, dolomitic limes etc.

But somehow my boss, with a chew in his mouth, tells me I cant vape. I don't blame him, he's just an enforcer, but do I have any ammo for the corporate issued mandate?

I'm not trying to be indignant, but I breathe worse for the sake of production(and my paycheck) never saying a word, to be told to put down my harmless ecig, well.... just kinda feels like a smack in the face.

Thoughts? Advice ?

schotzky

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
Kansas
Almost impossible to ban vaping at work. Either A go into the bathroom, B hide in a hallway, C hold it in until it dissipates, or D do it when no one is looking. What little odor is left quickly dissipates and doesn't linger like an analog. I am much more productive now that I am not taking cigarette breaks. Bring it on, try and ban vaping at work, I will get around it ;). Until a co worker snitches on me. HOWEVER! I am entirely courteous while out in public, i.e I don't do it when people are near me, around children and babies, old people, etc etc.

Zedd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Myself and a couple guys at work were doing it in our offices at work, we thought nobody noticed but we did talk about it around the office a bit. Someone called OSHA and they gave us a warning that they might come in for inspection and since people were being disturbed by out "hazardous chemicals" in the office we could get fined if they found it on the premesis.

We know the guy who called too, he was on the other side of the building from us but he said it got in his office via the air vents.

I'm not too upset about it though I can just go outside. But he's still a .....

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
Sadly I think this will become more common, to many people vaping is the same as smoking. Others just seem to have the need to control what others do, especially if it is something they don't do and think no one else should do either.

Vaping openly in a no smoking area is going to get the attention of the gestapo crowd, not saying it is right, just that it will happen.

My work has banned all "nicotine"- from snus to cigarettes to ecigs. We aren't even allowed to vape, or (ewww) chew in our own cars till we exit the parking lot. I've seen people get a talking to from security for lighting up on their way home before they made the exit turn.

If they banned all "nicotine" products, what would they do if you have 0mg nicotine in your PV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread