Status
Not open for further replies.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
So sigelei has come out with a VV/VW box mod with CHANGEABLE batteries (16350 according to the vendor website). ........'s said something a bit different, but I wonder if it really matters that much? http://.........blogspot.com/2013/02/rollout-sigelei-tmax-box-mod.html

Personally, I'm attracted. The metal body appeals a lot. And while there is a question about the battery type...I don't think it's a deal breaker for the average vaper who doesn't require super low resistance. Supposed to have the Zmax chip in it.

Thoughts?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Looks like it could fill a niche. I'm not impressed with the other box mods offering vv or vv/vw except for the Ovale V8. Since the Ovale I have is Segelei made, I'll be following this one closely as they seem to get more things right than wrong when it comes to manufacturing APV's.

If given the option, I'd prefer using a 18650 imr battery. I already have 3 other mods that use that battery. I'm looking forward to seeing a PBusardo review on this and seeing what the price point will be.

Birchi

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
SE Virginia
So Sigelei has come out with a VV/VW box mod with CHANGEABLE batteries (16350 according to the vendor website). ........'s said something a bit different, but I wonder if it really matters that much? http://.........blogspot.com/2013/02/rollout-sigelei-tmax-box-mod.html

Personally, I'm attracted. The metal body appeals a lot. And while there is a question about the battery type...I don't think it's a deal breaker for the average vaper who doesn't require super low resistance. Supposed to have the Zmax chip in it.

Thoughts?

Look, like the look of this. I'm also looking forward to a video review or two.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I noticed that too...EVERYwhere seems to say the batteries can be 18650 or 2x18350s. So it is confusing. But I pulled the trigger too and preordered one. Often things can get lost in translation...even talking with a mfr. on the phone...in China, especially. We shall see! Even if it turns out that it really does take only 16340s...oh well! Still a cool looking mod with cool features! At least I hope so!

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Looks like they're making some design changes. At the time of the pre-order it was only designed to take an 18350, and their marketing materials were just wrong, as confirmed with Sigelei reps.

Due to a major uproar over their mod being crap, it looks like they've gone back to the drawing board with it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Looks like they're making some design changes. At the time of the pre-order it was only designed to take an 18350, and their marketing materials were just wrong, as confirmed with Sigelei reps.

Due to a major uproar over their mod being crap, it looks like they've gone back to the drawing board with it.

This is good news. Source of your information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread