• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

E-cig deaths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
The Dot
So my dad has been convinced by some ignorant intern from NP (a smoker) that there have been already 3 e-cig related deaths. I've been reading and doing research for months now and all i came across was the guy that modified his cheap mech mod causing it explode in his mouth (yet he didnt die). Another one was where a doctor blatantly linked the death of a man in the UK to his use of e-cigs claiming that "there were oils found in his lung". Apart from the fact that he is probably finding excuses to not quit smoking, is there something im missing out?

Are there actually other cases of e-cig related deaths?

It's bad enough the WHO and local garment is spreading unnecessary and false negative propaganda about e-cigs, now we have smokers doing the same. This is something we need to be aware of and play our part in properly educating friends and loved ones.

78aukab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Seriously, I am not surprise if there is such death related to E-cigg. Only the number and cause is a concern. Afterall, there are cancer causing agent( about 8) in e-cigg that cannot be denied.
Depending on which side of the fence you are standing. It is not wise for non-smoker to pick up vaping, just my thought.

agree with u.. at least we manage to change of analog to e-cigg, this will be healthier but doesnt mean that we will be as healthier as non smoker. we are just comparing it with analog smoker.
most importantly, there isnt 2nd hand smoker or should i say lesser 2nd hand smoker.

TheBoom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
The Dot
What i'm really trying to say is that there are people out there convincing the public that e-cigs are worse than analogs and we should try our best to educate them on the truth.

Oh and i think he meant freak deaths (kinda like exploding batteries from china) instead of long term effects.

We vapers know no doubt that e-cigs are not 100% safe, they are only a tobacco harm reduction alternative.

But our beloved friends and family don't, and we should do our best to create awareness.

okleemat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Tintin
Seriously, I am not surprise if there is such death related to E-cigg. Only the number and cause is a concern. Afterall, there are cancer causing agent( about 8) in e-cigg that cannot be denied.
Depending on which side of the fence you are standing. It is not wise for non-smoker to pick up vaping, just my thought.

So there are 8 causing agents....hmmmmm versus analog 4999 causing agents......hmmmm go figure which why we choose vaping. But again, those who are not in our shoes will never understand how it feel.... We choose the lesser of two evils.....

knight_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
The land of no chewing gums
i give up on explaining.... people smoking analogs tell me vaping will cause cancer and they said that when they was lighting up their analogs. And some people said vaping is worst than analogs, and when i ask them to show me the proof... they chui tat lan.
Nowadays when i heard all the comments... i will just nod my head and reply.. "yes yes" and i just keep vaping....

Last edited:

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
In all the study's I've read there are only 4 not 8, but that's ok this is not the point.

I've never read, heard seen or orherwise of anyone animal or human that has ever been proven to have a major illness not alone a death caused 100% by ecigs, it just has not happened, if someone had undeniable proof please present it to the forum.

To Date Vapeing won't kill u unless u swallow your device, like while driving and get in an accident or a wierd fall while walking etc lol. Or perhaps u bludgeon someone with it.

Vape On.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread