How often should I clean the heads of my EVOD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Vodka or Everclear soak over night helps. NOT Rubbing Alcohol. How often depends on liquid you use. Dark liquid gunks up heads faster. It's really up to you to decide.

If the soak doesn't help you can dry burn by removing the friction fit center post above the coil and wick. Needle noise pliers. Then With tweezers and a torch remove and dry burn the two flavor wicks. Then place the atomizer into base and then on battery and dry burn the wick and coil in 3 second bursts. Remove burnt crust with toothpick. Then rinse in water or soak in vodka again.

Reassemble flavor wicks and center post.
Or rebuild
Ego type batteries flash 40 times once discharged

hmlessalky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Imperial, MO
I think soaking in alcohol swelled up the rubber parts? So now I just soak them in vinegar for 24-36 hours and have had no problems yet.

Dana

Haven't had a problem with any swelling myself in PGA. I always toss them in overnight when they start to taste funny or when I am giving the unit a good cleaning. If they still taste bad I replace the 'flavor' wicks. If they still taste bad I rebuild them. I gave up on dry burning them since I never could get them to taste right afterwards.

Salky

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
Best soak, imo, is all natural.

1 part white vinegar mixed with 2 parts distilled water. I keep this mixture in a sealed Rubbermaid container, simply drop in the dirty clearo/tank (after running it under hot tap water first!) in the container for about 60 minutes.....Take it out with tweezers and let it dry on paper towels or a rag.

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
Best soak, imo, is all natural.

1 part white vinegar mixed with 2 parts distilled water. I keep this mixture in a sealed Rubbermaid container, simply drop in the dirty clearo/tank (after running it under hot tap water first!) in the container for about 60 minutes.....Take it out with tweezers and let it dry on paper towels or a rag.

Hey Red thanks for the advise. I'll try your way also. Just want to ask, you don't end up with a vinegary taste at all?

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Its made from ethyl alcohol (vodka).....Can also contain sweetners and other additives. Constant vodka soaks will erode wick material quicker (I'm guessing that this part is true).

And vinegar contains acetic. To each his own. Vodka leaves no after taste and if you manage to have a coil that out lasts the silica wick material let me know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread