Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Yes, you read that right. We've discovered that there are many people here that have, want, or love chickens. So now we have a place to post them.

Show off those beautiful birds!

Here's my Lil Stretchy as a new baby:
UfAmP.jpg

mommyofdoom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Orlando, Florida
I would love to have chickens!! I don't think we're zoned for it, though. :(

Just recently there was a story on the local news about a young autistic boy whose chickens were a sort of therapy for him. They tried to make the family get rid of the chickens due to zoning issues, but once it hit the news they dropped the whole thing.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
I'd send you some if they would make it there safely. We give away eggs now. I should hang a sign and sell them.

Pic from last fall. The girls on the left are Silver Laced Wyandottes, the girls on the right are Easter Eggers. The roo in the middle was a cuckoo marans. He's now chilling in the freezer.
8Uthy.png

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I used to collect eggs at a chicken farm when I was a youngster. So one day I am going about my duties pushing the cart down the aisle collecting the eggs and my foot slipped below the cages into the pit. It is the area underneath 100yards of chicken cages stacked 3 levels high to collect chicken waste. I had on my brand new bright white nike's I had just bought with my egg collecting money. Needless to say from that day forward I had one bright white sneaker and one off-white sneaker that didn't smell quite right. If you looked real close at the pit you would notice movement. Upon closer examination A.K.A. my poo soaked sneaker I figured out what the movement was. It was millions and billions of maggots devouring the chicken feces. That was the most disgusting day of my life and I don't own any chickens so I can't join the clucker club.

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
My Avatar is Stretchy grown up...Isn't she adorable?....

Yes, you read that right. We've discovered that there are many people here that have, want, or love chickens. So now we have a place to post them.

Show off those beautiful birds!

Here's my Lil Stretchy as a new baby:
UfAmP.jpg

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
I could see why chicken farming is off putting for you...I would have cried.I might still...Blech...
I used to collect eggs at a chicken farm when I was a youngster. So one day I am going about my duties pushing the cart down the aisle collecting the eggs and my foot slipped below the cages into the pit. It is the area underneath 100yards of chicken cages stacked 3 levels high to collect chicken waste. I had on my brand new bright white nike's I had just bought with my egg collecting money. Needless to say from that day forward I had one bright white sneaker and one off-white sneaker that didn't smell quite right. If you looked real close at the pit you would notice movement. Upon closer examination A.K.A. my poo soaked sneaker I figured out what the movement was. It was millions and billions of maggots devouring the chicken feces. That was the most disgusting day of my life and I don't own any chickens so I can't join the clucker club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread