Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Jaypee, I can't find any confirmed report of water on the lungs caused by vaping anywhere. There is an awful lot of 'junk science' out there about vaping. As far as I know there is no verified data of anything regarding vaping having any long term negative effect on lung capacity. All data collected so far is positive.

aussiedog61

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Southern California
After living in Houston for five years and dealing with that insane humidity, vaping is a breeze. But seriously, I know that some respiratory therapy is performed with moisture (water vapor) so I don't think that it is a major concern, if any. Now the ingredients in your juice is a different story. Just do your homework with vendors and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Just do whatever it takes to get off cigarettes. Tar, 33 carcinogens, 3000+ chemicals, and the effects of the heated smoke itself are more than enough reasons to quit.

Vap3rV3nom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Well let me blow up your mind with my wisdom. As a Licensed Respiratory Therapist, Yes it's true that your lungs will have water due to vaping. Yes it will increase the resistance through your airway (lungs) because of this your breathing will increase. But what MOST people don't know that your lungs will absorb those water vapor. It will go through your blood stream then your kidneys will absorb them and cleanse your body by urinating them out. Then after a break from vaping your lungs will breath back to normal again.

P.S. Your lungs will always have water(Moisture) in them. To keep it functioning.

Last edited:

RooRooBears

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
California
Well let me blow up your mind with my wisdom. As a Licensed Respiratory Therapist, Yes it's true that your lungs will have water due to vaping. Yes it will increase the resistance through your airway (lungs) because of this your breathing will increase. But what MOST people don't know that your lungs will absorb those water vapor. It will go through your blood stream then your kidneys will absorb them and cleanse your body by urinating them out. Then after a break from vaping your lungs will breath back to normal again.

P.S. Your lungs will always have water(Moisture) in them. To keep it functioning.

As an M.D., I agree 100%. On top of which, I'd expect vaping to do the actual opposite of adding excess water into the respiratory tract (lungs). With the heat produced from the atomizer/cartomizer, I would expect the respiratory tract to become dehydrated rather than become excessively hydrated, which is why replenishing with water is important for hardcore, all-day vapors.

Otherwise, like Vap3rV3nom stated, any excess fluid/liquid/etc. in your lungs will be reabsorbed into your body's circulation via pulmonary capillaries. Result? Might pee more often than usual.

Think of it this way - more water and tiny food particles get lodged in your lungs more often than you think. When this happens, very small parts of your lungs collapse to consolidate the water/food particles that are lodged in the small passageways. Medical term is "atelctasis." Tiny atelctases occur often, even on a daily basis, with everyone - how come we don't really notice it? They are so minuscule that our body amazingly compensates and rids of the tiny particles by dissolving and eventually absorbing them into our blood circulation via pulmonary capillaries (vessels in the lungs). When that's all done, the collapsed tiny part(s) of the lungs reopens and everything goes back to normal. Once it is absorbed into the blood circulation, it filters at our kidneys and we simply pee it out. Amazing, in my opinion.

Long story short - don't worry about it. Happy vaping! :vapor:

Old Chemist

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
Poland
starychemik.wordpress.com
I guess it's a typical urban legend, alas spreading like a virus. Here in Poland now and then people ask about water in lungs. Some of them heard awful stories about several people suffering from water in lungs and as a result being treated in hospitals.
But when you ask about the source, the usual answer would be something like: I haven't seen that personally, but a friend of mine told me that his cousin's neighbor's brother-in-law said it's real.
There's not even a single such case reported by medical community, as far as I know.

michmich

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
Tx
As an M.D., I agree 100%. On top of which, I'd expect vaping to do the actual opposite of adding excess water into the respiratory tract (lungs). With the heat produced from the atomizer/cartomizer, I would expect the respiratory tract to become dehydrated rather than become excessively hydrated, which is why replenishing with water is important for hardcore, all-day vapors.

Otherwise, like Vap3rV3nom stated, any excess fluid/liquid/etc. in your lungs will be reabsorbed into your body's circulation via pulmonary capillaries. Result? Might pee more often than usual.

Think of it this way - more water and tiny food particles get lodged in your lungs more often than you think. When this happens, very small parts of your lungs collapse to consolidate the water/food particles that are lodged in the small passageways. Medical term is "atelctasis." Tiny atelctases occur often, even on a daily basis, with everyone - how come we don't really notice it? They are so minuscule that our body amazingly compensates and rids of the tiny particles by dissolving and eventually absorbing them into our blood circulation via pulmonary capillaries (vessels in the lungs). When that's all done, the collapsed tiny part(s) of the lungs reopens and everything goes back to normal. Once it is absorbed into the blood circulation, it filters at our kidneys and we simply pee it out. Amazing, in my opinion.

Wow. It's so amazing what our bodies can do. Thanks for sharing.

Gr00v3

Verified Member
Apr 6, 2012
california

This is all quite fascinating. Thank you!

Posted using the beast, the Samsung galaxy note 2

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
So I heard this news that some people have found water in their lungs from vaping, thus makes it harder to breath.

Have anyone encountered something or heard of something like this?

Horse hockey!!

If you don't know what that means then you're not old enough to worry about non-existent fluid captured in your lungs and if you do remember what that means then you're too old to worry about unsubstantiated stupidity published on the internet.:facepalm:

Last edited:

drobbyb

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
South Carolina
I've been vaping for several months. Before I would get winded rather easily, but now I can do far more before I get winded and I recover much faster when I do. I breathe easier, my lungs feel lighter, I pee a lot, I get less headaches and I don't have a smokers cough any more. The circumstantial evidence shows that vaping rather than smoking cigarettes (for me anyways) has improved my cardiovascular function. I can't say if it will improve yours.

Last edited:

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
So I heard this news that some people have found water in their lungs from vaping, thus makes it harder to breath.

Have anyone encountered something or heard of something like this?

I've heard all kinds of scare tactics about vaping. None of which match the experience of myself nor anybody else that actually vapes.

Rate they're going, I expect them to eventually get round to claiming that vaping causes terrorist attacks...

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
I've heard all kinds of scare tactics about vaping. None of which match the experience of myself nor anybody else that actually vapes.

Rate they're going, I expect them to eventually get round to claiming that vaping causes terrorist attacks...

You heard the one about a flight getting held up because they thought some mechanical mod in the x-ray machine was a pipe bomb?!? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread