Kanger Pro-tank and Vamo- Do you need an adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I might be loosing my mind- I could of sworn that I used my Vamo with my Protank Kangler without an adapter. I tried to fire it up today- and nothing happened! I put the adapter on and of course it worked. Why do I feel like i didn't use the adapter before?

OH, a friend of mine sent me a link about some Pro-tanks from Kangler that had metal shavings. Be careful!

CHECK YOUR PROTANK FOR METAL SHAVINGS Shared... | GrimmGreenIndustries

ok what I did was screw an 510/ego adapter on it then put on hte ego beauty ring (to tighten up the draw a bit) then put the tank on. If you don't care about the beauty ring then no it should screw right on.

Hi Myrany!

Thats what that beauty is for! Oh boy, i'm a little slow when it comes to these things! I think the reason I cant remember if I needed an adapter for the Vamo is because on my K100- I just screw it on and its ready to go. Have you tried to not use an adapter for the set up your Kangler tank in the Vamo? For some reason, I dont remember having to need to use the adapter. I guess i'm getting old:)

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Hi Myrany!

Thats what that beauty is for! Oh boy, i'm a little slow when it comes to these things! I think the reason I cant remember if I needed an adapter for the Vamo is because on my K100- I just screw it on and its ready to go. Have you tried to not use an adapter for the set up your Kangler tank in the Vamo? For some reason, I dont remember having to need to use the adapter. I guess i'm getting old:)

Iam going to be honest with you I just got my vamo today so I am still playing with it. hehehe

The connection on the kanger is 510 so the protank should just screw in. A very nice person posted a hint to me in the vamo section of the forum that one should use an adapter of some sort as the threading on the vamo isn't great. Screwing things in and out on an adapter will help stop that problem.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vamo/409894-soon-vamo-owner-questions.html

Last edited:

Hiding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Iam going to be honest with you I just got my vamo today so I am still playing with it. hehehe

The connection on the kanger is 510 so the protank should just screw in. A very nice person posted a hint to me in the vamo section of the forum that one should use an adapter of some sort as the threading on the vamo isn't great. Screwing things in and out on an adapter will help stop that problem.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vamo/409894-soon-vamo-owner-questions.html

Agh, that''s right. The protank uses a 510, not the ego like the other kangers, it'll fit with out the cone.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Hey guys! I might be loosing my mind- I could of sworn that I used my Vamo with my Protank Kangler without an adapter. I tried to fire it up today- and nothing happened! I put the adapter on and of course it worked. Why do I feel like i didn't use the adapter before?

OH, a friend of mine sent me a link about some Pro-tanks from Kangler that had metal shavings. Be careful!

CHECK YOUR PROTANK FOR METAL SHAVINGS Shared... | GrimmGreenIndustries

Try pulling the post out on the Protank.
A PBusardo Tutorial - How to Pull Your Post ;-) - YouTube

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Maybe I am misunderstanding some of these responses but yes the protank works with the Vamo with "no" adapter.
Wait let me check... (Short delay as I vape) Yep... Umm just fine:p
Yep it does work with the vamo with no adapter. I use an air flow regulator collar with mine to tighten up the draw however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread