Kanger Pro Tank Broken? DON"T throw it away!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizzlefits

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2013
Ohio
www.rdc3.com
If you're like me you jumped on the ProTank the minute it hit the stores. I got 2 right off the bat, along with 10 replacement coils.
Good thing too, because last week I dropped it on the concrete and busted it wide open. It has been laying on my desk begging to be brought back to life.
Being a fabricator, I have sworn an oath to never let good stainless go to waste. LOL!

Anyway, since I didn't have a dripping atty to test my DIY juices.... yeper You guessed it!! I made one from the broken Pro tank. (No tools required) ;)
Drum roll please.....
Introducing the all new Pro Drip 01!!!!!

prodrip1.jpg

And the Pro Drip Fountain edition!

prodrip2.jpg

Everything just screws together and the drip tip (at least this model) slides very nicely over the center post.
Just drip 6 to 10 drops of juice in the cup (NOT down the drip tip!) and vape away.

WARNING!!
I've used this for several hours/flavors and have not had any problems. ie: popping juice into my mouth, eyes, nose, armpits or outside of the drip tip/cup.
BUT!!!
Since your face will be in very close proximity PLEASE be careful!!!!
Crank your voltage DOWN and aim AWAY from small children and large pets on the first test fire.
These components were NOT meant nor intended to be assembled or used in this fashion. (that sounded official!)
Also, the coil I used is OEM, meaning it has BOTH flavor wicks installed. Which will help prevent juice popping up the tube.
[end warning]

On a side note, the broken glass can be removed by gently heating the stainless to soften the epoxy. ooooh.. more parts! ;)

[EDIT~~~ cause I got too much nic playing with this thing!]
To clarify, you do NOT need a broken ProTank. You can do this with just the parts as show below. Which include a drip tip that will fit over the center post of the coil. (Sorry bout that!)
prodripparts.jpg

Last edited:

TrainingDummy

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Temple, Texas, United States
That looks like an eGo cone for hiding the eGo threads for 510 accessories.

Edit: That's exactly what it is after taking a 2nd look. Notice on his 2nd pic where he's got it on an eGo battery. He has the same exact cone piece covering the eGo threads under the bottom cap of the protank.

Pretty ingenious sir.

Wizzlefits

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2013
Ohio
www.rdc3.com
Thatis awesome, but what is the center piece? Looking at my protank and trying to figure that out :)

Keep looking! It's inside the center tube... LOL! JK!!
It was a drip tip that came with aaah... found it!
Clarion Stainless Drip Tip - 510/901/KR808

I ordered it with the AGA-T+ atty. Didn't fit it worth a hoot.

Guess that post was kinda misleading. You only need the Protank base, collar and coil. Plus a drip tip that will fit over the center post.
I'll update it so it's a bit clearer on the parts used.

Wizzlefits

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2013
Ohio
www.rdc3.com
That looks like an eGo cone for hiding the eGo threads for 510 accessories.

Edit: That's exactly what it is after taking a 2nd look. Notice on his 2nd pic where he's got it on an eGo battery. He has the same exact cone piece covering the eGo threads under the bottom cap of the protank.

Pretty ingenious sir.

Thought it was pretty kool how both the base and the collar have the same threading.

acid

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
Northern California
I broke a pro tank on tile flooring. so when I saw this thread I thought, oh I shouldn't have thrown it away...but I did keep the beauty ring and the base with the atomizer. now I have two more pro tanks, I only have two different drip tips so I can't seem to make this work .. arg One tip is too small and the other doesn't fit right. I need the syringe fix or something but I ain't got that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread