Kanger EVOD Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i am really liking the look fo these new Kanger Evod batteries. what im liking even more is that the product descriptions im finding say that they are regulated to 3.7v throughout the charge. this is exactly what im looking for to give my gf.

can anyone confirm or deny the claims of a regulated 3.7v vape?

if not, just how are you liking your kanger evod battery? i dont need a full review, just wondering how these puppies are performing.

thanks! :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Nothing on the Kanger site about the 'regulated' but this reviewer says so... no real meter testing shown - underload, not underload, etc. but I have no reason to doubt him. He's a little off on the eGo-c batteries - they run at 3.3-3.4V but the older eGo's did run 3.1-3.2v underload. And the new eGo-c upgrade batts have an 'unregulated mode' that runs at 3.7v or like any other 3.7v batt.

I'm not sure what 'regulated at 3.7v' really means. On the eGo-c upgrade - the voltage is regulated at 3.3-3.4V and the result is, the battery lasts longer in that regulated mode than in the unregulated mode - that makes sense since the higher voltages would tend to take the charge down... so if the Kanger is 'regulated' at 3.7v, then I don't really see how cropping off the 4.1 volt off the charger - which doesn't last that long, is really going to get you any more real time ... and also does it cut off when the normal cycle would go to 3.6, etc. down to 3.2v before it stops? Maybe some of our battery wizards can explain better.

eVod by Kanger Review

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Well they are bigger than unregulated egos so I'm guessing there is a regulator and possibly a bigger battery to compensate for the higher regulated voltage.

I think the regulator might function similar to the twist. Even if the voltage of the batt is less than what the regulated voltage is, you'll still get the regulated voltage because the battery receives a boost from the regulator. I'm no expert so I might be using the wrong terminology but I think that's how it works.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Well they are bigger than unregulated egos so I'm guessing there is a regulator and possibly a bigger battery to compensate for the higher regulated voltage.

I think the regulator might function similar to the twist. Even if the voltage of the batt is less than what the regulated voltage is, you'll still get the regulated voltage because the battery receives a boost from the regulator. I'm no expert so I might be using the wrong terminology but I think that's how it works.

I bet you're close. The extra 7mm is something and the mAh is still 650...

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I bet you're close. The extra 7mm is something and the mAh is still 650...

yeah. thats got to be a factor.

im gonna spring for a green 1000mah one.

ill let you guys know how it performs if youre interested. but that SteveVape review was pretty darn comprehensive. thanks for posting that BTW.

Coldpunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Columbia, Mo
I'm one tank in with the evod on an evod battery and I really dig it. I love the button. Doesn't protrude like most other ego type batteries. I've only seen 650mah, are there larger evod batteries? If so I might pick one up.

I really like the size it is at 650. It's maybe 10mm shorter than my beloved gogo, and a great deal smaller than my 900mah spinner/t3 combo. If they can make a 1000mah battery by making it larger diameter but not taller, I'd be buying several. Part of my love for the gogo is its power(1300mah) for its short stature. I seriously dislike how tall the 900mah spinner is with a t3 on it.

Photo for size reference.
Volt 900 spinner w/t3 - gogo w/fury tank - evod 650 w/evod
image.jpg

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I'm one tank in with the evod on an evod battery and I really dig it. I love the button. Doesn't protrude like most other ego type batteries. I've only seen 650mah, are there larger evod batteries? If so I might pick one up.

I really like the size it is at 650. It's maybe 10mm shorter than my beloved gogo, and a great deal smaller than my 900mah spinner/t3 combo. If they can make a 1000mah battery by making it larger diameter but not taller, I'd be buying several. Part of my love for the gogo is its power(1300mah) for its short stature. I seriously dislike how tall the 900mah spinner is with a t3 on it.

Photo for size reference.
Volt 900 spinner w/t3 - gogo w/fury tank - evod 650 w/evod
View attachment 205529

right on. thanks for the size comparison pic. there is indeed a 1000mah evod battery. Good Prophets has em.
Kanger EVOD 1000mah Spare Battery
thats where i was gonna get my gf her batt but i decided to become lazy and not get it until she really needs it. i tend to over-buy supplies so im gonna hold off for a few weeks.

AngelsBreath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Alabama, United States
Well, I went ahead and sprung for one that I've had my eye on... View attachment 205762 I was wanting a red spinner but then I began thinking about something a bit smaller would be nice. I got the matching evod tank too ;) It's a 650 mah. Wish I could see it next to my Spinner so I could see the size difference.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Well, I went ahead and sprung for one that I've had my eye on... View attachment 205762 I was wanting a red spinner but then I began thinking about something a bit smaller would be nice. I got the matching evod tank too ;) It's a 650 mah. Wish I could see it next to my Spinner so I could see the size difference.

the kanger evod 650mah battery is 64.5mm per alibaba
orignal Kanger product EVOD battery, View kanger EVOD battery , Kanger,kanger EVOD battery Product Details from Shenzhen Kebo Technology Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I recently started working for a B&M part time, started using one these bad boys during my shift and at 3.5v under load with a 2.2ohm clearo - they kick out some seriously delicious vapor for the size and price. Would love to see kanger make a VV version that can at least kick it up 4.5-4.8 in the future.

thank you for the under-load voltage info. i had been wondering about that.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

CurlyBmore

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Baltimore
I've had the 1000 mah Evod battery for about a month. I really like how it is put together-it looks very sleek and slim. I appreciate that the Evod branding is in a pale gray so it blends in with the rubber coating and is not too obvious. On the negative, the button is hard to find by feel alone as it is very smooth and almost flush with body. Also, as there is no silver "collar" around the battery area, the new style ego lanyard clips ( ring type) will not work with them. I do suggest that if you buy an Evod battery, get the matching Evod BCC clearo. They pair up beautifully and together look like one almost seamless, elegant unit. The Evod clearo works well with other ego batteries but for some reason, seems to work even better on its matching battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread