Blue Raspberry Flavoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
does anyone know if blue raspberry flavoring is available from anywhere? if not, does anyone know how to create a blue raspberry flavor...perhaps raspberry + "blue" (lol) maybe raspberry + blueberry?

i have tried blueberry juices that taste like blue raspberry and i wonder what flavoring is used, perhaps the "candy" blueberry, or the "wild" blueberry from TFA or maybe the "blueberry extra" from TFA.

ive also tasted blueberry juice where the blueberry is more of the cooked and carmelized blueberry like you taste in a blueberry pie. this is not what im looking for.

but it would be nice if i didnt have to go the blueberry route and could find a vendor with blue raspberry flavoring. thanks for any help.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I'd like to know as well, thanks for asking! You mean like blue raspberry slushie right?

I hate actual blueberry flavors, but love fake blueberry like candy or Jiffy muffins, and I think that's (fake/candy blueberry) what will have to get mixed with whatever raspberry should be used.

yup, sure do. blue raspberry slushie type flavor is what im after. i dont mind real blueberry flavor if its gonna equate to the right one for blue raspberry, but i tend to think the blueberry candy would be the one to go with for what we are looking for. BUT, im still holding out hope for a blue raspberry flavor nicely bottled up for my mixing pleasure.
if we've got to mix flavors to get there, so be it. but maybe just maybe some flavoring company has already nailed this for us.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
7% Sweet Raspberry
6% Natural Blueberry
6% Vanilla Bourbon
1% Bavarian Cream
1 drp. per 5mls. Lemon juice

Steep at least 24 hrs. the longer the better it gets.

Enjoy!

Almost forgot : You can substitute the blueberry with cola for a raspberry mickey.

Last edited:

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
Thanks Boomerdude!

yup, sure do. blue raspberry slushie type flavor is what im after. i dont mind real blueberry flavor if its gonna equate to the right one for blue raspberry, but i tend to think the blueberry candy would be the one to go with for what we are looking for. BUT, im still holding out hope for a blue raspberry flavor nicely bottled up for my mixing pleasure.
if we've got to mix flavors to get there, so be it. but maybe just maybe some flavoring company has already nailed this for us.

Ya, it would be nice if this was already a premixed flavor! I need to get a few things from the above recipe, if you try it before I get around to it please post back and let us know what ya think, thanks!

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
7% Sweet Raspberry
6% Natural Blueberry
6% Vanilla Bourbon
1% Bavarian Cream
1 drp. per 5mls. Lemon juice

Steep at least 24 hrs. the longer the better it gets.

Enjoy!

Almost forgot : You can substitute the blueberry with cola for a raspberry mickey.

right on, boomerdude!
i am surprised yet not surprised to see something like bourbon in a blue raspberry juice. im not surprised that something like that adds to the effect we are after, yet i am surprised at the percentage used. very interesting. looks like im gonna need some more flavorings!
are these TFA flavorings perhaps, boomer?

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
bump for possible new blue raspberry recipies. also bump because i dont understand what the bourbon does in a blue raspberry mix. care to explain, Boomer? or perhaps describe how you landed on bourbon at 6%.

dont get me wrong, i like bourbon. i just dont understand how it fits in on a blueraspberry juice. or maybe it supposed to taste like blue raspberry bourbon? please help. thx.

:)

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Nature's Flavors has a Black Raspberry. I haven't tried it.

I can't speak for boomerdude but I thought the different vanillas were to try and mimic real vanillas. There is bourbon vanilla, Madagascar vanilla, Mexican vanilla...just different varieties. Bourbon vanilla flavoring doesn't taste like bourbon.

That recipe looks very good boomerdude! And will wonders never cease, I actually have all the ingredients. lol

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Kemo, Vanilla Bourbon is a secret ingredient. It adds a certain something to many of my mixes as well. It seems to play well with fruits.
Get TPA kentucky bourban as well. You'll thank me later.

Plus don't forget the lemon juice!

thank you Baku! i had no idea that vanilla bourbon was one of the "secret" ingredient types of things like EM, malic acid, vinegar, etc. im still trying to master the "additives". plus, i thought additives were in the 1-2% range so the 6% threw me for a loop.

i will for sure get some TFA kentucky bourbon on my next order. is it a secret ingredient for just fruits, or will it be good for other mixes as well?

i have yet to use lemon juice. im sketched out by the lemon juice because its got oil marked on the ingredients label and i thought we shouldnt be vaping oil. perhaps squeezing a lemon would be the best route, but then youve got the organic matter to contend with regarding mold and such. it honestly sketches me out.

in place of lemon jucie, ive been using sour drops. i read that it does the same thing. would you agree?

BakuPeg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Gainesville, Ga
thank you Baku! i had no idea that vanilla bourbon was one of the "secret" ingredient types of things like EM, malic acid, vinegar, etc. im still trying to master the "additives". plus, i thought additives were in the 1-2% range so the 6% threw me for a loop.

i will for sure get some TFA kentucky bourbon on my next order. is it a secret ingredient for just fruits, or will it be good for other mixes as well?

i have yet to use lemon juice. im sketched out by the lemon juice because its got oil marked on the ingredients label and i thought we shouldnt be vaping oil. perhaps squeezing a lemon would be the best route, but then youve got the organic matter to contend with regarding mold and such. it honestly sketches me out.

in place of lemon jucie, ive been using sour drops. i read that it does the same thing. would you agree?

:lol: For ME its a secret ingredient. Its good for anything that needs a vanilla note. Also good when mixing multiple vanillas. Kentucky bourbon puts a slight booze note in, but when you use it in low % you can sneak it into almost anything with surprising results.

When dealing with flavors "low" is even subjective. These flavor companies mix things in strange ways. Sometimes its difficult to gauge these flavors when some are super concentrated and some are so weak you have to keep adding to taste anything.

No Sour drops and Lemon juice don't do the same thing. (at least to my taste) Sour drops put a sour note into your mix. I use lemon drops for the same reason as some use vinegar. You don't actually taste the lemon. As for mold its not an issue. PG is a preservative. I have mixes on the steeping shelf from Sept 2012 that have no mold, no activity what so ever and still hold their flavor. (My mixes get a long steep) Don't use more than a few drops at the end of your mix however. I use 1 drop per 5mls. Some use more some use less.

I just use lemon juice I buy at the store. All I can say is try it and see what it does for you.
Oh and sorry for hijacking your Blue raspberry thread :lol:

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Kemo did you not get the blue slushy taste or "blue" candy from the the blueberry flavors?

Im after the same thing and bought tpa blueberry xtra and blueberry candy yesterday. What I might be missing is raspberry..

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't tried my blueberry a flavorings yet but I'm hopeful of finding the right mix bc I've had some pretty good vendor mixes. I know it's out there. And I want to try Boomers mix too.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
:lol: For ME its a secret ingredient. Its good for anything that needs a vanilla note. Also good when mixing multiple vanillas. Kentucky bourbon puts a slight booze note in, but when you use it in low % you can sneak it into almost anything with surprising results.

When dealing with flavors "low" is even subjective. These flavor companies mix things in strange ways. Sometimes its difficult to gauge these flavors when some are super concentrated and some are so weak you have to keep adding to taste anything.

No Sour drops and Lemon juice don't do the same thing. (at least to my taste) Sour drops put a sour note into your mix. I use lemon drops for the same reason as some use vinegar. You don't actually taste the lemon. As for mold its not an issue. PG is a preservative. I have mixes on the steeping shelf from Sept 2012 that have no mold, no activity what so ever and still hold their flavor. (My mixes get a long steep) Don't use more than a few drops at the end of your mix however. I use 1 drop per 5mls. Some use more some use less.

I just use lemon juice I buy at the store. All I can say is try it and see what it does for you.
Oh and sorry for hijacking your Blue raspberry thread :lol:

No apologies needed! This is exactly the stuff I need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread