Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
Hi ECF!

Right now I vape a L-Rider Lavatube knock-off and wanted to upgrade to a Variable Wattage mod. My choices have come down to either the Vamo V2 or the Innokin iTaste SVD. Any suggestions??

Both have a soft insulator under the positive pin in the 510 connector that if you over tighten a device may cause the pin to eventually loose contact and even displace the insulator. Not a difficult fix but just something you should be aware of. Same thing can happen on an ego style battery so *don't* over tighten things!

I love my Vamo. I can't imagine an easier to use interface for doing things. I can literally perform every function on the device, except turning it on and off (which require the typical five presses) with a single press of one thumb.

Welcome to ECF! :)

Last edited:

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome to ECF , and simple math , tells tthe tale . The SVD costs 99.00 , the Vamo , as low as 29.00 ( from China ) or around 40 to 50.00 in the U.S. Both are prone to damaging the little gasket , under the contact plate . And if you need other input . You can go watch a few of PBusardo video's , on YouTube . Also , SVD has a weird button placement . Good Luck

Numpty

Apr 25, 2013
London UK
From my experience so far I would say pay the extra and get the SVD.

There are points for and against both some of which will come down to personal preference but here's my experiences having owned 2 Vamos and changed to the iTaste SVD in the past week.

The Vamo is cheaper and works well with the easiest to use control buttons but has one major flaw....
The 501 connection is machined from brass and wears out fast and a drop or sitting on it with the tank connected will strip the thread.
As it's a custom made 501 that has a large washer on the back it's not a simple strip and solder job, it can be done as shown in this thread:
Vamo 501 replacement
Making the part
(Any users with a mini lathe and a box of washers could find a nice little sideline making this part as there is an ever increasing pile of dead Vamos out there)

The Vamo screen is brighter and easier to see in sunlight plus is orientated horizontally which I prefer.

So despite the fact the SVD screen is (for me) the wrong way, isn't as bright and has a slightly more complex button arrangement that does lead to pressing the wrong button when trying to fire (when you first get it) I'd say it is the better product in it has far better build quality and I think much better looking and quite eye catching, it does have a few other advantages as it will take all the ego style tanks I have tried including the T3 which requires an adapter on the Vamo and seems to add to the 501 wear issue because the drip well is too narrow and won't accept the larger knurled base of the T3.

I bought the iTaste SVD kit that comes with 2 iClear 30's and think it performs excellently, I was unsure about the looks of the iClear 30 with it's knuckle jointed drip tip but was completely won over by it's performance so far and put it quite close behind my AGA-T2+.

I've only had the SVD a week so can't say anything about long term reliability but after 6 month loving the Vamo I'm very pleased with everything about the SVD now I've changed a few habits and got to know it and was pleased to see the 501 connection made out of something more solid than brass...

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

jcco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
I'm getting this Vamo v2

VV650 VAMO V2 (body only) eGo APV - VaporBreak

if you log in, it's an even better deal but it is just the vamo v2 epo apv, no peripherals, no batteries.

I'm confused about the batteries & chargers. I would like to be able to use it in the short mode. Many of the chargers don't list those smaller batteries so I went looking for a kit but they are not that easy to find. I did find one at Quantum Vaper & seems pretty reasonable. They give you battery options. Check it out.

jcco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
I could quote myself but that is pretty weird. The batteries confuse me cause there's too many choices. Flat top, button top, etc.
So I assume the charger they give you will accommodate the ones they offer. So then it would seem one would be all set up.
I sure don't want get the wrong stuff & have to do it twice. So that was my thought on finding a kit, being uncomfortable about what I was getting.

Toast fire

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2013
Illinois
Vapor beast, goodejuice and a bunch of other vendors sell a vamo kit with 2 18350 batteries, a cheap charger and 2 ce4 clearos. I originally bought this kit as my first apv and quickly ended up adding 4 Panasonic cgr18650ch batteries a nitecore intellicharger i4 and some kanger mt3 bccs. The kit isn't a bad option if you want to use it right out of the post without having to source the other stuff. Just plan on ordering some quality batteries and a good charger sooner rather than later. And in my opinion get some better clearos, the cheap ones that came with the kit almost turned me off to vaping lol. I suggest the kanger T3/mt3, a little bit easier on a new person (less dry hits) with a little bit of tuning.

Julopy

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
Austin, TX
I'm getting this Vamo v2

VV650 VAMO V2 (body only) eGo APV - VaporBreak

if you log in, it's an even better deal but it is just the vamo v2 epo apv, no peripherals, no batteries.

that's where i got my last vamo from, my order took 3 weeks to arrive but it was worth the wait ;)
for quality batteries http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...onic-cgr18650ch-rechargeable-2250mah-37v-1865 and a charger http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...ore-i2-lithium-li-ion-ni-mh-ni-cd-smart-batte it takes just 7-10 days.

Its great you chose the vamo, best deal for the money and features.

Last edited:

Toast fire

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2013
Illinois
I could quote myself but that is pretty weird. The batteries confuse me cause there's too many choices. Flat top, button top, etc.
So I assume the charger they give you will accommodate the ones they offer. So then it would seem one would be all set up.
I sure don't want get the wrong stuff & have to do it twice. So that was my thought on finding a kit, being uncomfortable about what I was getting.

I know exactly how you feel, I was in the exact same position a few weeks ago so let me add a bit to what I said earlier. As far as the batteries that come with the kit, they work I've had no issues with either the batteries or the charger. I do not however trust them to perform safely in the long run. Which is why I replaced them with better quality items. The batteries you buy can be used in other devices, if you upgrade or expand your mod collection. That reasoning helped soften to blow for me.

jdubba

May 4, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
Up until now I've only been using the eGo twists. I went back and forth looking at these same two models as well. Finally ordered up the SVD. Functionally they seemed to compare similarly, but something about the style of the SVD attracted me. I guess I ended up paying extra for styling. Oh well. It's suppose to be here on Monday, and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Where did you wind up getting it from? I'm thinking of getting one too.
Thanks.

so are vamos worth it. Seem to be the cheapiset . I just want to get the best for the buck thats not going to crap out on me and does equuivelent vaping to the Provari.

The Vamo is definitely worth it. It's variable wattage which is an upgrade over VV plus is has a 5 amp switch which is rare, meaning you can use almost any atty/carto/tank on the market with it. And like any PV, be smart and DON'T OVER TIGHTEN THE ATTY/CARTO.

Here is one of the better priced US suppliers and where I got mine in three days from ordering:

VAMO Variable Volt/Watt APV V2

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I'm confused about the batteries & chargers. I would like to be able to use it in the short mode. Many of the chargers don't list those smaller batteries so I went looking for a kit but they are not that easy to find. I did find one at Quantum Vaper & seems pretty reasonable. They give you battery options. Check it out.

Get Efest or AW batteries, flatops. Here is where I got mine and it is FREE shipping:

Efest IMR 18350 800mAh 3.7V LiMn Battery Flat Top or Nipple Tops (2PCS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread