How long have you been vaping, and what is your preferred wattage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
Not a poll in the forum software sense, because there wouldn't be enough options. But if we can collect enough data, it might make for an interesting scatterplot.

Whether you post watts or resistance and volts doesn't really matter, the spreadsheet can sort that out. But volts or resistance on their own don't help - we need both.

If you want to vote multiple times, because you have several 'sweet spots', that's fine. Just use a separate line for each vote, and it'll be less confusing to tally up.

edit - Feel free to stick in other information like strength and flavour. I don't know if we'll get enough data to find a correlation, but no harm trying.

Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApJHlupc2bPBdENlMVdoWXIwMEc4Sks5SkJZbFVKb2c&usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
Hmm. I've got myself confused. Do we need amps? Trying to figure out whether volts + ohms is enough to get to watts...

-edit Nope, false alarm. It looks like ohms and volts can get you to amps. Damn it, it's a long time since I studied physics... :)

-edit2 And good idea, Thompson. Feel free to stick in other information like strength and flavour. I don't know if we'll get enough data to find a correlation, but no harm trying.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hmm. I've got myself confused. Do we need amps? Trying to figure out whether volts + ohms is enough to get to watts...

-edit Nope, false alarm. It looks like ohms and volts can get you to amps. Damn it, it's a long time since I studied physics... :)

-edit2 And good idea, Thompson. Feel free to stick in other information like strength and flavour. I don't know if we'll get enough data to find a correlation, but no harm trying.

Wattage (watts) = voltage( volts) squared divided by resistance (ohms).

When in doubt, just plug in the numbers:

Online Conversion - Ohm's Law Calculator

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
I tried doing a 'bubble chart', showing the resistance too, but it didn't really work with Google spreadsheets being pretty restrictive. Maybe worth trying something more complicated if we get more votes. I might go nuts and get the R out :) not that I have a blinking clue how to use it, but it never stopped me trying... Anyway, here's a first stab at it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApJHlupc2bPBdENlMVdoWXIwMEc4Sks5SkJZbFVKb2c&usp=sharing [Link now added to original post - thanks Caridwen]

Thanks for the votes so far - keep 'em coming!

(and if you spot errors in the data, feel free to PM me - no point cluttering up the thread)

Last edited:

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
Been vaping since the days of the DSE103.

We'll take that as an abstention... :D

---

I've added two other charts (Months vs Ohms and Ohms vs Watts), and added some random noise to months and watts. This just makes it less likely that two dots will overlap making one invisible. Not foolproof, but it helps a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread