Sensitive-C. A new smokeless cigarette technology?

Status
Not open for further replies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Seems like a step backward to pack both ends of this with tobacco, then vaporize nicotine in the middle. They seem to be focused on this as something traditional cigarette makers could leverage with their existing distribution and display methodology.

I don't want to add tobacco back into my vaping experience.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Seems like a step backward to pack both ends of this with tobacco, then vaporize nicotine in the middle. They seem to be focused on this as something traditional cigarette makers could leverage with their existing distribution and display methodology.

I don't want to add tobacco back into my vaping experience.
Very interesting ...
If the FDA stays out of the way ...
I suggest there will be many innovative technology advancements
entering the market place for smoking alternatives.

tommy2bad

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Kilkenny
Seems to be a prospectus for a new and so far unavailable product.
Can't see this one coming to market, it's neither one thing or the other, why go to the expense of putting tobacco in the ends? appeal to current smokers? tobacco companies?. Packs of 20? I don't think so! The tech isn't capable of producing a disposable cheep enough to sell in 20's.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Seems to be a prospectus for a new and so far unavailable product.
Can't see this one coming to market, it's neither one thing or the other, why go to the expense of putting tobacco in the ends? appeal to current smokers? tobacco companies?. Packs of 20? I don't think so! The tech isn't capable of producing a disposable cheep enough to sell in 20's.

Since the FDA has been extremely successful with not approving anything since they got control, I think you're undoubtedly correct.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
Sounds like the eclipse cigarette, but with a chemically activated(?) heating element.

Take something old and add some chemicals to it and people will buy it...

Long-term effects of the Eclipse cigarette ... [Nicotine Tob Res. 2002] - PubMed - NCBI

Abstract
This study investigated the long term use of Eclipse, a cigarette-like device that heats rather than burns tobacco, and the Nicorette oral inhaler, a nicotine replacement product, in a group of smokers not interested in quitting smoking. Subjects were recruited from a previous four-week controlled trial with the Eclipse and the inhaler (Fagerström, Hughes, Rasmussen, & Callas, 2000). Thirty eight subjects from the previous study were given the opportunity to continue to reduce their smoking for eight weeks and to choose Eclipse or the inhaler to aid reduction in cigarette smoking. If they did not like either of the two products they were allowed to smoke their own brand of cigarettes. A total of 39% percent chose to use the inhaler, 26% the Eclipse, and 34% neither. Number of cigarettes smoked per day decreased 86% with the Eclipse and 68% with the inhaler. Exhaled carbon monoxide increased 45% with Eclipse and decreased 47% with the inhaler. No differences were seen with craving for cigarettes between the products. Cigarette users showed stable values for cigarettes per day, exhaled carbon monoxide (CO) and nicotine/cotinine concentrations. These results replicate and extend our prior results; i.e. both Eclipse and inhaler clearly reduced smoking of traditional cigarettes and with no loss of effect over time. For Eclipse this was accompanied by maintenance of nicotine levels but increases in CO whereas for the inhaler this was accompanied by a reduction in CO intake.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Sounds similar to the trial smokeless cigarette from the 80's IIRC. Cant remember what the name was, but it never got past trial market. Drove all the way to St Louis to get a pack back then. Didn't work and was nasty tasting. Took one apart and it had a small "pill" in it that was kind of like charcoal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread