Anyone modify an iclear 30 for an easier pull?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpony

May 19, 2013
USA
I loving my 30.it work beautifully; great draw, no leaks ,no problems. So lets look at what you're using it on. I have mine on a zmax wit eGo threads which is more open than a standard 510 at the top. If you're using a 510 I imagine its possible that the threads might obscure the air holes just a bit.
As for leaks I guess that's why the print 3.0 ml max on the tank . however I routinely fill mine to the top of the white plastic cover on the head unit without leaks.
The only time I've had a leak with the 16 the head unit wasn't threaded in all the way. I tightened that puppy down and problem solved.

The Iclears 30 and 16 are some real decent tanks that seem to be fairly durable( though I have broken the threads off 3 30s so far).theyre fairly cheap compared to some other stuff out there,easy to change out the heads and relatively foolproof for beginners. I've never had a dry hit on the iclear30.

Don't give up, maybe a 510/eGo adapter would help

mrpony

May 19, 2013
USA
Another thought, can it be rebuilt with one coil?

Although the head show a 16 wicks its really just 4 wicks crossed over 4 wicks.

I don't know if a single coil head is available but you could try taking an old head and cut 4 wicks out to make it a single.it couldn't hurt to try if you're skilled enough in the electronics to do it right.
(Do it wrong and you could blow the electronics in your APV)

You might also contact Innokin and ask for a single coil version.
This kinda stuff helps drive innovation,ya know.

ardvaark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
If anyone is still interested I have a fix for the leaking shaft on the iClear30. Seems to be a very common problem. I just need to see if anyone is interested before I tear down mine to make illustrations on the fix. Its pretty simple if you have a piece of silicone from an old cheap clearomizer.

Peter

GOTFrog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Montreal
If anyone is still interested I have a fix for the leaking shaft on the iClear30. Seems to be a very common problem. I just need to see if anyone is interested before I tear down mine to make illustrations on the fix. Its pretty simple if you have a piece of silicone from an old cheap clearomizer.

Peter

if it's not too much work, would be great to see how you fixed it

Nicotinologist

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
Long Beach, California
:)
I was wondering if anyone had attempted to mod an iclear 30 for an easier pull. I'm not looking to make it hit like a kanger, but somewhere in between would be perfect.

Thoughts? I think I'll try enlarging the air holes just above the threads if anyone thinks that would work.

Yeah, I've done all 3 of mine. I was going to throw them all away, but I decided to experiment on them. Here is the procedure:
1. Disassemble the atomizer and wash and dry.
2. Unscrew and the replaceable coil assembly.
3. Remove by pushing the bottom center pin of the base from the top.
4. Drill a hole using a 1mm or 1/32" drill bit as close as possible to the channels on both sides. Make sure to position the 2 holes without drilling the rubber seal.
5. Carefully trim the upper silicone cap seal very squarely and flat 1mm or 1/32".
6. Enlarge the center pin top hole to the next available drill size.
7. Clean everything and make sure you do not have any metal shavings on the base that may cause shorts

If you happen to have the new version of the iClear30s, use the i Clear 30s upper seal or order one or the minimum replacement coil atomizer for it. These modified old i Clear 30 are 100% better than the new version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread